• Search is back up, but the index is being rebuilt, there may still be some minor problems until this is complete.

VN - Ren'Py - Cléo Torres: The Dance of Life [v1.0.8] [Static Fast Art]

1. 5.00 star(s)

jackdanniels

The 3D art is simply a masterpiece. It can be the best female protagonist/corruption ever made. Have smart writing, original characters, and a vast multiple-choice system. A game like that will take ages to be finished, but it's an incredible promise.
  2. 5.00 star(s)

robin312

My thoughts after playing 1.0.8:

This is well designed game that is may be very close to reality

Pros:
    + beautiful protagonist girl
    + alternative routes
    + beautiful side girls
    + easy minigames are increasing engagment

-/+ I hope there may be a happy ending as one of possible routes

Cons:
    - not found yet

Definitely recommend!
  3. 5.00 star(s)

Losersriot

I didn't like this game at first.

Biker guy with the cracked face. It's supposed to be a scar. But it can't be a knife scar. It's either acid, or he was tortured by slowly cutting his face , or the dev catch the first texture he could find.
    I was offended, because I could have liked the guy. But alas. This disgusting skin blemish looks like a contagious disease.

The diner owner looked like a caricature. It set a non-serious tone to the narrative, and put a damper on the perception of the story. It is hard to take seriously a story that is mocked by the author himself.

All the women in the movie are compulsive lesbians.
    The story seemed childish and naive, and worst of all, boyish.

But the scene in the toilet of the bar changed everything. I liked the truck driver. That's my kind of big, grown-up daddy. And I wouldn't have loved the game if he hadn't suggested at the very end that we continue the relationship!
  4. 4.00 star(s)

LordWanze

Great start so far.
    The story jumps straight into it, most background infos so far are short internal monologues of the MC. It is a rather typical girl moves to big city trope, but freshed up with a dancing school plot. All in all very enjoyable.

The MC is exceptionally beautiful. Every physical interaction is more or less decided by player actions. Her personality so far seems influenced to some degree by the player as well.
    She is a virgin according to the dev, but she also talks about past sexual encounters in several conversations, so it is somewhat vague in that regard.
    Unfortunately she simps already after some male dancer, but since we didn't meet him in the game yet, it is bearable. Just a strong negative for future content.

All male characters she interacted with so far are disgusting. The ugly bastard fetish is clearly the focus, modelled and written as unlikable as possible.
    In this short encounter there was already every possible (inner) monologue/dialogue from simple harassment to plain rape.
    Again, any actual physical interaction was somewhat player controlled.

The female characters are quite unique and interesting so far.
    They also range from young and beautiful to fat and unlikable.
    So far this is my favorite point of the game, I'm intrigued to see these relationships develop more.

"Minigames"...
    These are essential for the players agency over interactions with molesters and rapists, and can lock you out of a bunch of options to choose. I had to backtrack and reload multiple times to find the right balance between submitting and resisting to get the choices I want. Annoying.
    Although there is an option to turn some of them off, others are still mandatory. Given that Minigames are probably the least liked mechanic in any VN, I really hope these will be completely optional in future releases. They're annoying, unprecise and interrupt the sexual encounters.
    There is a tutorial in the beginning, so it is somewhat manageable.

Animations and renders are really of high quality.
    Given the fact that the sounds are influenced by the Minigames, it is fine.
  5. 5.00 star(s)

bitBuck1228

A Promising Visual Novel with Strong Mechanics and Heart
    Cléo Torres is a breath of fresh air in the visual novel world! Right off the bat, the game grabs your attention with a compelling female protagonist. The developer's clever use of the engine adds some unique mechanics rarely seen in visual novels, making for a more engaging gameplay experience.

The branching narrative, with choices impacting the story in meaningful ways, adds a layer of replayability and keeps you invested. While the full scope of these choices might take time to unfold, the potential for varied storylines is exciting.

The visuals are another strong point. The artwork is stunning, and the animations bring the characters and world to life. It's clear the developer has a lot of passion for this project, and it shows in every detail.

The Dance of Life is definitely a game to keep an eye on. I'm eager to see how the story develops in future updates and can't wait to dive back in and explore the different paths my choices create. Keep up the fantastic work, Static Fast Art !
  6. 5.00 star(s)

tridoawds

Amazing new corruption game from the rare female perspective. The renders are high-quality, the camera angles are quite impressive, and the writing is not bad at all. Wholly recommend this one and am looking forward to more updates!
  7. 5.00 star(s)

123yhs

Was really pleasantly surprised by this game. The visuals were very good and i though the stats/mini game system was unique and actually works well. My hope is that the number of choices doesnt bog down the development because it is off to a great start.
  8. 5.00 star(s)

wildride69

Shockingly Great, [v1.08], I played the last version and thought this VN had potential. Actually it has great potential after playing 1.08, unknown to me in 1.05, this VN your choices REALLY matter at least at this stage.

I've played through 4 different times and received 4 different results and they were all excellent. This is possible imo because of the limited amount of characters, makes pathing easier. It could just be a really talented writer however. I'm super excited to see where Cleo goes from here.

So far it's amazing.
  9. 4.00 star(s)

DoAdventures

I am a massive fan of this game already, I remember playing when it first appeared but I didn't save it and thought it might be lost to the ether. But thankfully it has been updated and I'm glad to say that I got to see it so early for this new version. Visually, the game excels with its detailed backgrounds and character designs. The art style is consistent, and the overall storytelling and making the world of Cléo come alive, is brilliantly told so far.

While the game does have some minor drawbacks, such as occasional pacing issues and the added complexity of managing multiple storylines, these are by far outweighed by its strengths. I really look forward to watching this game continue to grow and more of the same please staticfastart