[R>Artist 3D] Paid Closed - Contract Awarded - "Love Island" Inspired Project - 250 Renders

WhitePhantom

Donor
Game Developer
Feb 21, 2018
Project:
Working Title: Operator C, subject to change.

Developer:
White Phantom Games

Looking for:
3D Artist

Employment Type:
Paid Project - $350 (USD) on completion.
I am willing to pay $100 upon delivery of the first 100 renders, and then $250 upon the delivery of the rest if requested.
You will be paid via PayPal or CryptoCurrency (ETH, DOGE or BTC).
I am not willing to pay in instalments other than this, or up front. Partial completion is virtually worthless to me as I then need to find somebody to start over.

Work commitment:
One Off Project - 250 Renders.
Project will be due by 01/06/2023.

Preferred method of contact:
Email - contact@whitephantomgames.co.uk
f95zone DM
Discord

Job Description:

I am looking for a 3D Artist to produce a series of renders showing a "Love Island" inspired TV show that I will use for televisions and when the MC is watching the TV with a significant other throughout my next game.

These should be produced in 10 episodes of 25 renders, inspired by ITV's Love Island, showing a dwindling cast as people are eliminated.

You are free to choose the environment and create the characters, however it should be inspired by ITV's Love Island. Any storylines you develop you should give me a brief overview.
"In this episode, Shane and Laura get together and Helen is upset, Viktor is eliminated", however you're not required to produce dialogue. If you do it is unlikely it will even be used, as this might be for example on TV in the background whilst the MC talks to his partner, in which case TV dialogue will not even be used.

You are not to replicate ITV's Love Island's trademarks or copyright in any way. Do not use their logo or copy their characters or storylines, you should use the show for inspiration only.

They should all be SFW, but should feature things like kissing, swimming etc. You have a lot of artistic freedom here, if you want to make each episode feature a challenge or something, you can do so. If you have a rock climbing asset and you want to have that on the island and have the characters do some rock climbing every episode, fine. Own a bar asset and want to have them sitting drinking on the beach, fine.

The general plotline of episode 1 should be people arriving, showing them with their suitcase and then just a render of them, and then one shot of the location (can be just the pool, just make it clear they're on an island), the episodes following should be some bikini/sun shots, some drama, an interview, somebody leaving with their suitcase.

All characters must be male or female, featuring traditional Western 1950s gender roles. No men with painted nails or wearing makeup, no women with bulges in their bikini bottoms. As this cast is representing the United Kingdom, at least 75% of the characters must be Caucasian/White, and there must be at least one character of East Asian descent (due to the world setting which is different to reality, the UK will have a higher proportion of East Asians than any other minority in Operator C). You should start with at least 12 characters, they don't all need to be onscreen every episode, but there should be a render of each one arriving and then the one departing each week.

12 is the minimum and would be the ideal number, as you could then eliminate 1 an episode and be left with a final three for episode ten. In terms of workload, the early episodes are going to be harder, but as the show continues you will find it easier and easier with less and less models being involved. You can start with 24 if you wish, and do double eliminations if you want to, but you'll be increasing your workload beyond what is obligated.

Genders should be at least 50% female, with at least two males continuing through to the last two episodes, and at least one (max 2) in the final.

You are not to depict any form of male homosexuality throughout the episodes. Ideally couples should be male and female, if you want to make female/female interactions you can, but make them not very frequent and far less common than male/female relationships. Male/male content is not to be involved.

Here are some images belonging to ITV's Love Island which are to be used for inspiration only and not replicated.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Every episode must feature at least 5 "interview" style shots, but no more than 12. Each episode must have at least 2 people being interviewed, and at least one must be of a female.

You should use the same location for every interview, so this can be recognised as "the interview room".

Outside of the interview shots, the maximum expression change only renders permitted is 3 in a row, beyond that the scene must change and new characters or activities be involved.

Images should be of a comparable render quality to my own, and produced in 1920 x 1080 final resolution.

Additional comments:

You will not be considered an employee of White Phantom Games upon being granted this contract, you are to be considered a freelancer fulfilling a one off contract.

There may be opportunities for future contracts that are similar in scope, and if there are you will be consulted prior to public postings, however there are no guarantees made these opportunities will be forthcoming.

You will not be provided any tools or assets by White Phantom Games upon being granted this contract, you are to supply these yourself.

All characters must be of the age 18 or above, any submission of a sexualised minor/s will result in immediate termination of the contract and all fees being forfeited. If you are unsure on a petite model, just ask me before you start using it.

You are required to submit me at least 2 examples of your previous work to be considered. I do not require it to be published or for you to have prior experience, if you want to make two renders fitting the brief above and submit them as the examples that is fine.

If the render quality of said work does not match those of the examples, I will not consider them as fulfilling your contractual obligations and they will need to be remade.

I am not in a rush for these and ideally this would suit somebody who wants to make 5 renders a week or so and to supplement their current earnings.

You can create the entire thing in two weeks if you want, but I'm not going to pay you any bonus for it because I simply do not require these renders until I start working on my next game.

Images must be rendered using a photorealistic render engine (Cycles, Iray or Octane) and you are to complete any post work required on the images prior to submitting them (eg you render and create black eye lines, or hair scalp breaks, you are responsible for fixing them prior to completion of the contract).

All copyright for said images will transfer to White Phantom Games exclusively upon delivery and completion of the contract. You will have the right to use the images for your own personal portfolio and social media, however you are forbidden from using them in any other games or comics, or any media that may be considered to be competing with media produced by White Phantom Games.

This contract is as stated above, you will be featured in Operator C's credits if requested. You will also be granted a Steam Key to Operator C subject to the game being approved by Steam at the point of its release, which will likely not be until 2024 at the earliest.

I am open to negotiation on certain aspects of this offer, however matters of Copyright are non-negotiable.

WhitePhantom

Donor
Game Developer
Feb 21, 2018
Update: This Contract has now been awarded and applications are now no longer being considered.

user220

Nov 2, 2021
Although I'm glad that you find yourself an artist, I stopped by to express my curiosity.

Aside from writing contractual terms on this forum, which doesn't mean anything without being signed, why have you detaily explained your game idea, it's idol, the raw release and even the name..? At first glance I'd say you represent a legal entity of the studio you mention, but then again it's a bit tricky knowing that dumb lawyers persist for long.

WhitePhantom

Donor
Game Developer
Feb 21, 2018
Although I'm glad that you find yourself an artist, I stopped by to express my curiosity.

Aside from writing contractual terms on this forum, which doesn't mean anything without being signed, why have you detaily explained your game idea, it's idol, the raw release and even the name..? At first glance I'd say you represent a legal entity of the studio you mention, but then again it's a bit tricky knowing that dumb lawyers persist for long.
I haven't explained my game idea at all?

This is just a background TV show that's going to feature on TV in the game? There's no details about my game, other than this will feature on the TV in the background, supplied except for the working title. The Title is there to show this is in preparation for a future game, not my current game Defending Lydia Collier.

Why have I explained all the details, because I post a vague post and somebody enquires, I tell them the terms and they don't like them, we've both wasted each others time. Here anybody can see exactly what they're signing up for.

Also contracts absolutely do not require a signature, a signature is proof of an agreement. In the past how did you prove to a Court that Guy A had seen the printed out Paper A and agreed to it? You made him put his signature on it. Nowadays it is completely redundant and antiquated. I can prove that by getting in a message confirmation the person has read the terms here and when they reply yes then we have a binding legal contract.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: user220