[R-Play tester] Paid [CLOSED] Looking for a tester for a visual novel

VtuberLewds

Game Developer
Jun 2, 2023
I am the team leader of a Patreon called "Vtuber Lewds". We specialize in making story-oriented NSFW games about vtubers. We started a project called "A Night in the Woods" in April and have so far gotten to the beta phase of the game. Now we are looking for a tester with experience to try out the game and report any bugs. We expect you to play through the game once normally and then afterwards try to break it. Deadline is the 27th of October.

The game is a visual novel with one minigame, one sex scene and multiple endings. The game should be roughly 20 minutes long but there is both a web version and a PC version that need to be tested. The game is made with Unity but is not performance intensive.

The pay rate will be $25 per hour for 2 hours of work. If you work any more than that, then we will not pay. The payment will be through PayPal. The payment would occur half upfront and half afterward.

Ideally, we would like somebody who is a fan of or vtubers in general. Also non negotiable is a big portfolio or a social media account that has been active for a long time to ensure that we are either working with a professional or somebody who can't disappear on us easily.

For more information on the game, you can check out the Patreon .

Last edited:

Heronamesir

Jan 25, 2021
So you expect some to playtest this game, a game that takes about 20 minutes to play, has multiple endings, two completely different versions to play, along with you wanted to play thought it at least 2 times, and expect them to have it done within a two hour frame of time or they don't get paid? I thought Activision was bad lol

• Haha
Reactions: BangB420

Saint Blackmoor

Saint and Sinner
Donor
Oct 26, 2017
So you expect someone to playtest this game, a game that takes about 20 minutes to play, has multiple endings, two completely different versions to play, along with you wanted to play through it at least 2 times and expect them to have it done within a two hour frame of time or they don't get paid? I thought Activision was bad, lol
I may be wrong, but it looks like 50 is for two hours of work. If it takes you longer, that's too bad for you.

I wish them luck with the project.
VtuberLewds
If I can be of help with the dialogue as far as proofreading goes please get in touch with me.
https://f95zone.to/threads/experienced-proofreader-i-can-help-you-with-your-game.155643/

VtuberLewds

Game Developer
Jun 2, 2023
So you expect some to playtest this game, a game that takes about 20 minutes to play, has multiple endings, two completely different versions to play, along with you wanted to play thought it at least 2 times, and expect them to have it done within a two hour frame of time or they don't get paid? I thought Activision was bad lol
Hello Heronamesir

I understand your concerns with the payment conditions and as such I would like to elaborate on it.

We have had cases in the past of people joining the team to do x amount of work for x amount of money and if they did more than that, the amount of money paid would increase proportionally plus some interest. We didn't see a problem with those payment terms until they decided to work twice the agreed amount and it costed us 225% of what we originally planned.

Budget is a real concern to us and to avoid such a case happening again, we have decided to no longer allow payment terms that can scale infinitely.

Also regarding the amount of time, from our own personal tests, playing the game once may take around 20 minutes the first time but subsequent playthroughs only lasted up to 5-7 minutes thanks to the skip function. As such we personally feel confident in the 2 hour limit given.

I hope this manages to clear up concerns

Vtuber Lewds

VtuberLewds

Game Developer
Jun 2, 2023
I may be wrong, but it looks like 50 is for two hours of work. If it takes you longer, that's too bad for you.

I wish them luck with the project.
VtuberLewds
If I can be of help with the dialogue as far as proofreading goes please get in touch with me.
https://f95zone.to/threads/experienced-proofreader-i-can-help-you-with-your-game.155643/
Hello Saint Blackmoor

Thank you very much for your offer for the position of proofreader. Unfortunately we already had somebody else proofread the script quite some time ago so I can't give you positive news in that regard.

Something else we wanted to point out is that we specifically demand 2 hours of playtesting. We won't demand you to finish testing even after that time has been used up as long as you can prove that you did work during that time.

Kind regards

Vtuber Lewds

Reactions: Saint Blackmoor

BangB420

Dec 11, 2021
Homie if you on Patreon, you are not a AAA company. And besides you would get more interaction/engagement/audience that way, just look at the other devs that are active here. I hope you are able to reconsider your stance because i want to see this game. It looks good!

ihl86

Dec 8, 2019
Hey,

I could be interested in playtesting your game.
I have been playing stuff for a long time so I like to think I am good at spotting game bugs. I also enjoy doing so.

What I don't have from what you would like is knowledge about vtubers (more than that they are streamers that use avatars instead of using a cam).
I also don't have a portfolio (who has one for being a playtester) or a social media account but I could work in advance the first time, and receive the full payment at the end.

VtuberLewds

Game Developer
Jun 2, 2023
Hello everyone

We have found a tester for the game and as such, the job position is closed. Thank you very much to all the people who applied and we wish you good luck in the future.

Kind regards

Vtuber Lewds