[R>Writer] Share [Closed] Looking for a writer to start new sandbox game

PxGames

Game Developer
Oct 2, 2020
Project:
- Modern sandbox game based on Ren'Py engine. A game where players can freely navigate to different locations, choosing to interact with any NPC they like ... ( Inspired by some games like Big Brother, Milfy City...)

Developer:
- Both of us.

Looking for:
- Experienced writer.

Employment Type:
- Revenue Share.

Work commitment:
- Long term, full time.

Preferred method of contact:
- PM or Discord: JPace#9573

Job Description:
- I am looking for a writer who specializes in writing dialogue and events because sandbox games are mainly focused on events that happen as a result of many player choices. You just write the script, the rest I will be responsible for doing.

- The original idea of the game is a story revolving around an orphan college student, who has to work hard by himself to make money to take care of his life. In the process of working he will meet more people and face a little strange things. While the idea is a college setting, most events will happen outside of the school. If you have any other ideas about the game I would love to hear and discuss as well.

- We will discuss in more detail through PM or Discord.

Additional comments:
- You can check the quality of the renders in the games in my signature section.

Last edited:
Reactions: Marcibx

rf96

I rape lolis with my tentacles
Uploader
Donor
Aug 11, 2017
Like Life is Strange? You should post some concept arts.

Reactions: PxGames

PxGames

Game Developer
Oct 2, 2020
Thanks for the reminder. I revised the project description to make it easier to understand.

Marcibx

May 5, 2018
I wouldn't exactly call a "story revolving around an orphan college student" original. This is the #1 most used story element.
Since you are looking for a writer, I would suggest to consult them (once you find one) regarding what the story should/could be (unless you insist on creating university renders). And keep in mind, that because there are so many other games, it would be hard for you to stand out. Everything would have to be perfect (art, writing) otherwise people will just go to the many other great college games.

To write something useful as well, I would suggest you look for posts of writers here. That worked much better for me when I was looking for an artist. (I got the first useful reply to my post like 2 weeks after posting, by which point I had contacted 3 guys who offered their services here) For example, here is this person, who is looking for just what you offer. Good luck

Reactions: PxGames

PxGames

Game Developer
Oct 2, 2020
Thanks for your advice. I really appreciate it. I am also discussing with the writer on those issues to find the best direction for the project.

DTYM Studios

Apr 23, 2021
Hi! im Tony from DTYM Studios, only had a few experiences in developing games but have so many ideas to a sandbox game! and I really want to create a new work

if you are interested , we can talk in discord , pm or even whatsapp.

Regards Tony

Reactions: Marcibx