[S>Programmer] Share Unpaid [Closed] Programmer looking for a short project.

Neren95

Dec 8, 2021
Edit: I have found a team to work with, this thread can be considered closed!

Who I am:
I'm a 3rd year game programming student completing my bachelor of science in conversational AI at a multi-media school with some experience in project management and producing.

What I'm looking for:
A small project to work on occasionally, preferably one that's worked on by someone passionate about their game idea.

What I'm NOT looking for:
A full time job or a year-long commitment.
Work on a Ren'Py project or any Visual Novel game. These kinds of games really don't need a dedicated programmer.

What you can expect of me:
More in-depth programming knowledge than you might expect from your usual amateur game dev. The curriculum of the school I'm in has included: game design, C/C++ in-house game engines, computer graphics using OpenGL, a bit of optimization, some networking, physics simulation.
If you have in mind a game mechanic that's more complex than "click button to display text", I might help with that.
I'm by no means an expert in any field but I'm versatile enough to learn quickly and get at least some results for the defined deadlines. This is why I'm doing my bachelor's thesis on conversational AI despite never having studied the subject before.

Skills:
- C, C++, C#
- Unity
- Unreal in Blueprint or C++
- Computer Graphics basics (OpenGL)
- Production tools development

Past experiences:
- Small 2 to 5 weeks projects in groups of 2 to 4 people on Unity.
- Making well documented and needs fitting production tools for an in-house C++ engine project.
- Project managing / leading of small projects / teams.
- Various practice assignments, such as writing a 1 minute graphics demo only using OpenGL or trying to beat the std::map implementation of the C++ standard (and failing at it, obviously).

Preferred method of contact:
Send a private message if you're interested or reply below.

Employment Type & Rates:
I'm mostly just looking for a small project to test the waters, so renumeration would be more of a bother than anything else. I don't exactly expect any projects here to make anyone millions.

Availability:
Expect ~12 hours a week. I'm still a full-time student. I might be more available during holidays though.
I'm located in Europe, and my sleep schedule is very normal: expect me to be available at around 18h00 - 20h00 GMT during work days and 10h00 - 20h00 GMT during week-ends.

Work Samples:
My last games date from ~3 years ago back when I was just starting to code, they're available on itch:
Since then, it's been mostly work in C/C++ on in-house game engines. You can find some non-private repos on my github:

Last edited:
  • Yay, new update!
Reactions: danken and Cul

tsurugi

Mar 22, 2018
Hello there,
For some reason, I can't dm people on this site, so I'll leave a reply here,

Currently, I'm developing a game in ue4 using both blueprints and c++, Not too sure how if you'll be super interested in developing the game mechanics, they aren't super complex, however currently I'm already writing a plugin for softbodies in ue4, and potentially a sph fluid solver, so perhaps you might be interested in that.

I was originally looking for a 3d artist to work with on this site, unfortunately, talent seems to be in high demand as I've never received any replies.

If I can find a programmer to work with, it would allow me to spend more time on the art-related aspects of the project, mainly animation.

As for employment related issues if you are interested, you can contact me and we can hash things out

You can contact me here or preferably on discord: HeruNoTsurugi#2272

Here some of my work:

Last edited: