Cloths simulation will be soon accurate !!! ;D

mac78

Oct 4, 2018
Hi guys,

Just a little post to share this video i've just seen.

My point of vue is, the worst thing in renders are cloths... so look this new progress in clothes simulation :

(i'm french, sorry for my bad english)

Reactions: osanaiko

Rich

Old Fart
Modder
Donor
Respected User
Game Developer
Jun 25, 2017
Hi guys,

Just a little post to share this video i've just seen.

My point of vue is, the worst thing in renders are cloths... so look this new progress in clothes simulation :

The addition of the wrinkle support is certainly interesting. However, the raw technology would still have to be reduced to practice in software available to end users, which may or may not happen, or happen quickly. (I've seen any number of items where experts can get a good result in isolation, but trying to generalize it so that non-experts can use it, or it works in more general cases becomes challenging.

I'm American. My British friends insist that everybody over here speaks "Bad English" :D

anne O'nymous

I'm not grumpy, I'm just coded that way.
Modder
Donor
Respected User
Jun 10, 2017
The addition of the wrinkle support is certainly interesting. However, the raw technology would still have to be reduced to practice in software available to end users, which may or may not happen, or happen quickly. (I've seen any number of items where experts can get a good result in isolation, but trying to generalize it so that non-experts can use it, or it works in more general cases becomes challenging.
I alas see that coming in this particular case. Fabric wrinkles depend on so many factors that I don't see how it could be generalized and opened to non-experts ; at least not in a near future.
It depend of the fabric and its resistance to torsion ; silk is really soft, leather really hard. It's weighted by the fabric it's linked to ; The nearer silk would be to some leather piece, the less it would wrinkles. It also depend of the part of the body where the fabric is. And finally, the wrinkles will not be the same if the fabric is near or far to the body.

I'm American. My British friends insist that everybody over here speaks "Bad English" :D
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.