HTML - Abandoned - Cloud 10 [2020-12-05] [Team Albedo]

1. 5.00 star(s)

mustafarr

(Writing based on the september of 2020 version. Might never be updated so maybe that doesn't matter.)

Well rounded, good gameplay supported by nice writing and art. Even if it's abandoned it's still worth a play.
  2. 3.00 star(s)

Roben69

This game is ok over all Nonesuch brings his good writing to the table like in tits as well as a few other tits writers. Game play is what you'd expect from a tits clone, turn based combat better ship mechanics. The smut is decent overall I'll say. Despite the UI looking like a copy of coc2's the game boasts some pretty art along side it. Overall this game is a decent tits clone.
  3. 3.00 star(s)

linemen63

Vast as an ocean and the depth of a puddle. There's about an hour of actual content stretched out by tedious repetition. It's not bad by any means what's there is good, its just spread out too much to enjoy for very long. It's not something I'll be checking out every update, more like every 4-6 months.
  4. 4.00 star(s)

Dingo139

So far decent though it needs more encounters and content. I discovered a glitch early on where you can use the Mistress to max out your stats which removed challenge from exploration.

It's a text-based erotic game comparable to its main peers in the genre in fact nonesuch did work for one of them. The CG's neat for what they are, though it would be cool if you could turn your character around to get a 'full view' of them ;) So far there's plenty of straight and gay content with both male and female starts being pretty even in what you can have sex with, I particularly liked the Nephews.

The set up is intriguing with the player forced to work with a rogue AI after being left for dead. The AI itself is an interesting character and it's clear there's a lot more to be revealed about it in future. I hope unique clothing becomes an option or changing the character in other cosmetic ways like hair colour or style. But if they stick with the living bodysuit I'll be happy as it's fun.

Has a lot of potential I look forward to seeing what gets added later as it's quite polished at the moment :)
  5. 3.00 star(s)

TiffanyFox25

**This review is for the offline version 2019-12-05, not the online (Patreon) version**

The demo is kinda small, then again, this HTML game was only posted here only less than a year ago. What makes this a good demo is the great writing, usable UI, and fleshed out game mechanics. I also know the title of this game page is not demo but since it seems that some game mechanics and content are currently behind the Patreon wall.

What brings down the demo is because of the predictable and repetitive nature of it. (Trying not to give away any spoilers) When I do some space exploration, all I need to do is read the first line and last line of the paragraph to know what the event is. Farming for resources is easy and there isn't much challenge if you know how to exploit it.

The combat system is purely RNG based so you can either win by a large margin or lose to someone who you have a 25 winning streak against. This is something I don't like, from what I can tell, the stats that the player accumulates does affect combat anyway. The stats are merely barriers for content/plot and I think that is what is bring it down. To level up the stats, it would entail grinding for money or to rely on RNG events. The reward for leveling up stat points feels pointless to me because it is capped at a certain level and those stat points only serve a purpose to unlock events and Patreon locked content.

I like the idea of a browser space exploration game but I don't think there is enough content for this demo. It could be the game is still in the early phases so the demo won't have much content. From playing other games of similar build (HTML browser adult adventure), Cloud10 doesn't have enough replay value for a second or third run. When I had tens of thousands in gold, no other money sink is available for spending, no further ways to level up, and not enough 'sexy adult' material to read on or unlock, I didn't feel a need to try out the other classes because I would run into the same issues.

Looking at the review ratings, I would give this a 2.5 stars if given the chance. The game is not poor (2 stars) because the writing, UI, art, mechanics, etc. are all well thought out. The game is not average (3 stars) because of the hard ends, leveling limitations, lack of surprises, locked content, somewhat broken currency system (too easy to make money and no money sinks), and general lack or replay value.

Might update this review when another major public release hits.
    Date of this review: 2020-01-22