1.80 star(s) 96 Votes

Vakul

Apr 10, 2022
I knew something about S-purple rubbed me the wrong way but I never understood what. After going through the Breeding Season thread for a while I have a better understanding of the situation. Thank you for the summary!
You're welcome. The sole purpose of that post is to prevent people getting milked without knowing the circumstances beforehand.
What makes me sad - is that AFAIK Breeding Season team never recovered from that incident. That is a bad thing especially now with all those free game engines to create with.
Still it would be 100 times better just enjoy good games instead of getting scammed over and over again.

Asbeoth

Apr 8, 2021
Let me explain a few things. There was a project Breedeing Season once. Flash(ancient tech now dead) game with farm where you can bread different "monsters". Game was incomplete and shitpurple was the artist. Rumors said he wormed his way almost to th leading role, but - only ALMOST. Most of monster art was drawn by him. Then some magic happened - and that great pal left the team denying them any right ro use any of his art. Project died.
And then - shpurp magically reppears on patreon with his new project "definitely not the breeding farm" made on unity engine.
There was dozen and a half of hot animations and a shitload of promises - for story, for mechanics, for breeding etc.
People believed and started to throw money on him. Income was skyrocketing, so as promises. Thats what I could find about 5 years ago.
But in the years passed only a few animations was added, not even one of promised mechanic finished, instead there was several "redraw" companies. "Redrawing dungeon", "redrawing chars", "redrawing food", redrawing his shit was endless without any progress.

Version naming system changes a few times, 2.*** became 0.1.2** ans so on - every time without ANY ACTUAL PROGRESS. And for some magical reasons team changes few times. Artists(there was few legendary names in team), coders, managers - all them. They left and new ones were introdused. Just to leave after some tome WITHOUT ANY ACTUAL PROGRESS.

Now, a few months prior their income started to shrink. I wonder why?
As for so called "progress" - all these YEARS there was regular redraw streams. "Drawing future chars" streams. "Drawing shit for other games" streams. And tons and tons of "I decided to redraw shit_name" streams. With no actual progress.
So - no, that scammers can't do anything.

- Not the first time. Not the second, nor the third.
- They lost their tracks after about a year after their income exeeded 10k. That was few years ago.
- Thats karma for ya. Maybe is sounds harsh, but from what I've seen in my life - not the scariest of all possible variants. Still I doubt he undestands anything.

Giving the amount of money they milked out, this project deserves to be made into locked story thread, an example why people should not trust scammers.
You know when someone try to milk their patrons - we can say the project "turned into cloud meadow" without additional explaining. Although there is some other applicants for that kind of title.
This kind of shit really personifies how horrific people on F95 are. Lies, bullshit and celebrating death or near killing of someone. Really classy, good job.

aspar4gus

Mar 27, 2019
This kind of shit really personifies how horrific people on F95 are. Lies, bullshit and celebrating death or near killing of someone. Really classy, good job.
Are u sure u quoted the correct message / in the correct thread for this comment? cuz istg i've reread that quote 3x and still couldn't find exactly what u meant by "(...)Lies, bullshit and celebrating death or near killing of someone."

NevNine

May 13, 2021
I only vaguely know about the controversy surrounding this game and Breeding season and I searched through the thread a bit and....has no one bothered to look at the Patreon and Steam production updates they release every few months? Most recent one was at the beginning of February. They are free to look at:

TL;DR:
- The entire original programming team save 1 person left
- They were not back on track for production until Summer and not 100% on track until winter.
- Spurple was nearly killed in a car accident and has only recently recovered.

While I have my fair share of problems with how this game has been handled over the years (I was always annoyed with how frequently Spurple spent time on Darkest Dungeon mods that his this title) I still think its important to keep up with the available dev logs so we can shit fling with confidence at their incompetence.
Gotta agree with the Darkest Dungeon one. I noticed that this dude focuses on this Darkest dungeon mod more rather than focusing on his own game. I know nothing about game dev, but why the hell is he focusing on that mod more rather than putting all of his time and focus on this game?

aspar4gus

Mar 27, 2019
Gotta agree with the Darkest Dungeon one. I noticed that this dude focuses on this Darkest dungeon mod more rather than focusing on his own game. I know nothing about game dev, but why the hell is he focusing on that mod more rather than putting all of his time and focus on this game?
Cuz even when he did nothing but the bare minimum, ppl would still throw money at him

FurrBat

May 8, 2019
If you are asking about ongoing ones ? dunno, preety much each monster farming game is either obscure due to being not good or dead/dying like mating season and breeding farm that got canned in march. The curse is fucking real :v.

If anyone is curious, mating season died due to unity fees and breeding farm is dead due to main dev vanishing with money and to nobody surprise he owns the art assets so the rest of team cant just pick up the game just like that.

Marylamb

Dec 10, 2017
Are there sprite scenes that are in the game but not shown in gallery? Or are the ones in gallery are all the ones you can find in game? I've seen some sprites that can't be seen from gallery from outside sources.

Reactions: jomaro999

IMCA

Jan 21, 2018
is version 0.1.4.3b the latest content update or are there more content on the Patreon/Steam releases?
it's beta v0.1.4.3e in steam and nothing as of now. dev only update a bug fixing then and there and not any new content yet.
i think another 2-3 month and the actual update might cum
1713451108632.png

• Haha
Reactions: aspar4gus
1.80 star(s) 96 Votes