• Yeet

Votes: 330 38.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

l1lym

Aphrodite, creator of X-Change Life™
Game Developer
Jan 21, 2019
In case you’d be interested I rewrote the audio library for XCL from scratch, this new one could work for a non-Twine game if you just use the functions with pure JavaScript and remove references to Harlowe. It was made specifically to get around CORS errors:

aereton

Digital Hedonist Games
Game Developer
Mar 9, 2018
Hello,
just wanted to give a quick update. I intended to release the next version some time the first week of September, however I'm a bit indisposed this weekend so I will have to postpone the release of 0.4 to next week. I hope to be done with preliminary testing and bug fixing around Wednesday, Sep 11. HOPEFULLY, as always, roadblockers *may* occur.

Whites only packs?
With 0.4, you will be able to hide all intented "black" content with the content tag system in the game's settings. I haven't planned more specific video packs for what you're asking but I won't say "no" out right and there's still plenty content added that will be considered white as well as integrated into the mentioned content tags.

Online pls
Since I'm sourcing video clips from random sources (mostly reddit) I won't host it myself online, I'm sorry.

In case you’d be interested I rewrote the audio library for XCL from scratch, this new one could work for a non-Twine game if you just use the functions with pure JavaScript and remove references to Harlowe. It was made specifically to get around CORS errors:
Thanks that's quite interesting! I found a workaround myself that only deals with standard HTML5 that should work but if I will encounter roadblocks for that, I will definitely have a look at your solution. In any case, I'm quite thankful!!!

nsfwacc1234

Nov 22, 2020
Would you be able to make it accept any file put into the babes and cocks folders, so we can easily add our own clips without having to rename them?

GamerDaddy

Feb 6, 2023
Would you be able to make it accept any file put into the babes and cocks folders, so we can easily add our own clips without having to rename them?
the only other pic/vids it would accept other than what is in the folders is webp and webm but without the tools the dev used you cant add them unless you overwrite what pic/vid is already there

aereton

Digital Hedonist Games
Game Developer
Mar 9, 2018
the only other pic/vids it would accept other than what is in the folders is webp and webm but without the tools the dev used you cant add them unless you overwrite what pic/vid is already there
Not entirely true, any video format supported by browsers works. But they would have to be video files, and every video clip needs additional data such as content tags and a trigger timecode (so the system knows when the boobs would drop). That's also the reason why just dumping files into folders I would never be able to do.

I had moddable content planned, as in you could load your own .json data for video clips, but I'm not there yet. More pressing matters, y'know? :WeSmart:

GamerDaddy

Feb 6, 2023
Not entirely true, any video format supported by browsers works. But they would have to be video files, and every video clip needs additional data such as content tags and a trigger timecode (so the system knows when the boobs would drop). That's also the reason why just dumping files into folders I would never be able to do.

I had moddable content planned, as in you could load your own .json data for video clips, but I'm not there yet. More pressing matters, y'know? :WeSmart:
im fed up with .json stuff you can thank sims and gta for that lol as for webp (any pic can be converted to this no matter if it gif or not and said gif would still work same for the webm cept its a video instead of picture)

aereton

Digital Hedonist Games
Game Developer
Mar 9, 2018
im fed up with .json stuff you can thank sims and gta for that lol as for webp (any pic can be converted to this no matter if it gif or not and said gif would still work same for the webm cept its a video instead of picture)
If you want I can create an extra special XML version of the game for you, not sure you're gonna like it tho :KEK: :KEK:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
JSON is just a data format and I need to include additional data that cannot be baked into common file containers because they are specific to the game.

I'm not sure what exactly would happen if you tried to use pictures but I can hazard a guess that the game would show you the picture and then nothing would progress because I rely on Browsers' <video> event listeners like when a video starts playing, a video progresses one frame, and so on.

GamerDaddy

Feb 6, 2023
If you want I can create an extra special XML version of the game for you, not sure you're gonna like it tho :KEK: :KEK:
JSON is just a data format and I need to include additional data that cannot be baked into common file containers because they are specific to the game.

I'm not sure what exactly would happen if you tried to use pictures but I can hazard a guess that the game would show you the picture and then nothing would progress because I rely on Browsers' <video> event listeners like when a video starts playing, a video progresses one frame, and so on.
its all good m8 dont need to do anything special for me.. if these are anything like a .js file witch i know a little about i might be able get by when it comes to adding things

aereton

Digital Hedonist Games
Game Developer
Mar 9, 2018
its all good m8 dont need to do anything special for me.. if these are anything like a .js file witch i know a little about i might be able get by when it comes to adding things
It's really nothing complex, they just act as a dictionary and contain some meta data.

Reactions: GamerDaddy

aereton

Digital Hedonist Games
Game Developer
Mar 9, 2018
I cant save, the game doesnt let me. Saving and loading are always blacked out, does anyone have the same problem?
Hi, the game saves automatically in the background. Those options are for exporting or importing save files i.e. when you switch devices or browsers. This functionality is unfinished and not implemented publicly as of yet, though.

Reactions: Doner077

misha958

Jan 21, 2018
The game crashes with some content settings. I turned bbc and chubby off and shemale on. Some pictures with girls are shown and then the game goes out of the fullscreen and all pictures and texts disappears. Hope, there will be setting, where player could turn all the males off and play with transgirls.

upd
I bought img pack in the shop, and all works

Last edited:
Reactions: aereton
4.40 star(s) 5 Votes