Unreal Engine - Completed - CODE: VALKYRIE [Final] [Ulimworks]

1. 3.00 star(s)

Gabn05

The game is good gameplay wise.

When it comes to shooting and killing it feels nice. there seem to be some optimizacion problems but overall is enought.

Now Lewd wise, is bad, really bad. Cosidering the gameplay i would have expect that the scenes were either collected while going around the world. or having differente scenes in which the enemies could have their way with you, when fighting. Nevertheless, you get one scene for loosing, and that is all gameplay wise. Then with the money you can buy costumes, some of which can be broken some that can't. Or use the money to buy some scenes, that feel like a complete different game. The typical flash game in which you have buttons or try to sleep fuck the girl. Is not bad, is just that it doesnt suit the game.
  2. 2.00 star(s)

eroticwombat

It's fine, super floaty (like playing in zero-g/slow motion) and the unlockables are RNG based. Any movement you make will have about 2 seconds of movement in the same direction after you stop, so be careful around ledges and with jumping in general! Basically, don't fight the mobs or try and parkour randomly as you'll have to run through the same area many times and exploring will lead you to a transparent wall or otherwise dead end. There's one area with one store in it so don't look for anything else, it's just the city block and the pyramid.

The outfits rotate randomly in the store so while the youtuber I watched got all the outfits in 5 runs, I for instance unlocked the first 4 outfits in 2 runs, then never saw the last outfit in 20 or so runs. I would skip this straight to Code:Valkyrie II which adds it's own problems but with way more content in every respect including the full map of this game as an easter egg!
  3. 4.00 star(s)

Bertallowed

honestly a lot of fun as a first person souls esk game. theres not alot of stuff to unlock but the game is fun all the same, the sequel was a definite improvement. 4/5 8/10
    im gonna replay it with a controller this time
  4. 3.00 star(s)

TentacleVillain

solid shooter loop
    sounds nice
    feels nice
    it's okay
    enemy variety is okay
    sort of grindy
    aiming in doesnt work sometimes
    at first the game had no lag at all but after a while it started to lag around groups of enemies
    core design is built around grinding for rewards rather than mixing the rewards into the gameplay
    souls like shooter is cool idea

Also the unlockable scene was a sleeping scene. It makes absolutely no sense to use a scene like that for this game. I didn't unlock the 250k one and I am not going too because the aiming not working has got me killed. Good art and stuff but the gameplay is too bland and repetitive for a bug like that to be worth it.
  5. 5.00 star(s)

gdrocker

First things first, the care and dedication put into this game, not just in making it look gorgeous but also in making it run smoothly, needs to be brought front and center above all else. Even on a six-year-old laptop—1080p fullscreen, render scale "1" (default "1/3"), graphics at medium default—everything just flows like silk in the wind. Even though it looks cold and sterile at first, there's practically no limitations on draw distance, and the rain effect is just icing on the cake.

Gameplay-wise, there's not much to say. Moving and shooting controls are very responsive (the inclusion of a button to switch shoulder views is a very nice touch); jumping is a bit floaty, but in classic Castlevania style, you can't change your trajectory which adds a sense of realism; and speaking of... the bullets have actual gravity. You can't just mindlessly point your crosshair at something, hold LMB and mow everything down in a five-mile radius; shooting enemies a considerable distance away requires that you actually adjust your aim slightly above them so that you connect properly. This isn't a game, this is a passion project that goes out of its way to make everything feel as if you yourself are pulling the trigger in-game, and it shows.

As far as content, six costumes, two mini-games and a handful of CGs aren't much to write home about—I'm sure there are tons of people who wish you had more control over your costume, or the ability to play naked; the first mini-game is just a sleep-rape game that can be cheesed ever so slightly by moving your mouse in quick jolts; and thanks to the included 100% save, I don't have to grind to enjoy the CGs—but really, that's not what I'm all about... okay, yes, I'm a sucker for in-depth character customization, but I digress.

My only qualm is that the game is so short. I would've loved an extra scenario, or even just being sent to the start of the game after beating the level once instead of the hidden "battle shop" two-thirds of the way through the game. If you're trying to speedrun the game, you can do that in upwards of five minutes if you're sparing in what you shoot (turrets are the only thing that might be required, but their aim is slow and trails the player a great deal), but everything else...

...yeah, I don't think there's anyone that wouldn't enjoy this. It has a bit of everything—tight gameplay for the actual players, costumes and extra goodies with lots of skin showing for the "connoisseurs", and even good background music and general ambiance for the audiophiles.
  6. 4.00 star(s)

grobulos

This Game has a wonderful dynamic fight base, lots for fluid fights and jumps, absolut perfect made, no bugs

The Levels are simple and the AI are very easy made, the ai dies very elegant and splits in little peaces, the sound is good and not disrupt the gamefeeling

For the Size of the Game and the Size of the Levels its sadly a final version, so no extras. the minigame is what we know touch and dont get caught. absolut ok

the CGs are little bit too simple, potential waste. But ate the End a good fluid game for a fun meanwhile. it deserves 4 Stars
  7. B
    3.00 star(s)

Blebjeb

I was surprised to find out this is a "finished" game. I respect the amount of work and effort that goes into something like this, and the dedication shows. Controls are tight and responsive enough that it feels like your fault if you fuck up. It's fun to lay waste with a gun without needing to reload. The character model is okay, but I wish they had put just a bit more effort into it. The face especially feel unfinished.

Levels have interesting designs, but they're all with the same texture. The two textures I saw over 99.99% of the levels were either metal or glass. The enemies feel like cop-outs, placeholders for future real enemies. Like I said, this feels very much like a tech demo, and if it were that I'd say the devs deserve your support. But this is a finished game, unless I'm mistaken. I don't know why these devs take things so far and then stop half-way. The gameplay gets tedious after a while, and it's not especially challenging. Everything just feels half-baked. Such a shame.