RPGM - Completed - Cohabitation [Redux R5] [Sid Valentine]

1. 3.00 star(s)

hinosit

It is a very old game that I completed a long time ago but did not qualify at the time.

I think the game is good and I gave it 3 stars because it is very good, considering that I can't compare it with what is out there now. It cannot have 4 stars because it has an ending that feels empty nor can it have 2 because it is well done; no bugs, no incomplete scenes and no nasty puzzles that make no sense.

If it were a current game it would barely get 2 stars in my opinion since the protagonist is very ugly and the scenes with the mother are very few and there are only 2 characters for scenes, also I don't think it has an ending (I don't remember)

As I always say, my criticism is in comparison to the games that are uploaded here.
  2. 5.00 star(s)

dumbo10

The subjective review,
    I gave it 5* cause it has historical value to me

It was one among firsts adult game I ever played, the kinks are all checked in my book

Back when I first time playing there barely any progressing for Susan

I just replay it again and finally finish the game

Now the objective review,
    i'm just gonna keep it short

Graphic-certainly old fashioned art, lack of images to support what's happening, 1 image for long narrative, your imagination play hard here

Story-welp, it's incest story of trash uncle, there's even avoidable ntr, so don't expect novelty, even the intro should've give the red line of the story, vanilla bois absolutely shall skip, idk why some vanilla boys who aren't into corrupting and trash kind mc are even here only to leave bad review when they just couldnt read tags and ready for what to come. What you expect? A piece of love in some corrupted game? Bah.. The corrupting process is acceptable, not forced and decent, natural and traditional with drugs and blackmail.

Sound-i appreciate the tiny basic sound when saving

Ui-simple. common

The grind-ppl who complained the grind is sickening should play earlier version pre redux lol. It was rough but with redux it's quite bearable altho the lack of variation in repetition kills it

I was hoping the massage event have continuation even back from years ago but I guess that's it, it's just vanilla massage, no spice

This game would be great to be remastered with latest graphic, more images, throw in cg animation, sfx, and less grind or more enjoyable grind I will absolutely play it again even with same story. Maybe throw in new character like Susan hot mother oh boy.

For anyone who used to play latest games with latest graphic and game elements I wont recommend this unless you are fine with the art and just roll with the story
    So if you are kids nowadays who thinks graphics comes first just skip this one
    As the gameplay isn't that polished and repetitive as well

But if you are huge fan of incest, oldman mc, cheating, ntr, and into reading and imagining, I highly recommend this but again don't set the bar too high for the graphic and game aspects

Thx for developing the game~
  3. 1.00 star(s)

mknight692

The grind is bad, the main character is an asshole with no redeeming qualities. I don't understand what is good about the story. If I knew of a Cal in real life I would put a bullet through his head. But hey if you can put aside the context of what is going on you may be able to bust a nut. That is my honest review.
  4. 2.00 star(s)

Grizzzzly

Full disclosure, I read through most of the reviews, then had a good look at the discussion, thus when I played this I was ready for a grindfest with little reward....so I cheated the heck out of this one.

With saveeditor I hacked and hacked and pushed things fast as I didn't want to waste hours and hours. With cheats I found things happened quicker..almost a good pace with some searching and redoing things being a must.

Still took a few hours, with very little reward. Graphics are fine..a little boring and not the most attractive models at all. Sex scenes were one or a couple of renders...kinda dull.

Writing was good, understandable but rather shallow. Very few real emotions and at the end of it all, the ending was weak, short and not satisfying.

Premise is good, and some decent potential. But as its finished, very weak. Although it really clicked some of my kinks, it failed to satisfy.

Its completed so, an extra star for actually finishing a game. One star for the kinks and some of the scenarios were entertaining...for a few moments.
  5. 2.00 star(s)

Gintlar

Cohabitation [Redux R5] [Sid Valentine]
    The game is nice, and despite the vote I recommend trying it.

The game is made on rpgmaker but it's not a classic rpg game, if you are looking for that you are in the wrong place.

The drawings are ok, nothing exceptional but promoted.

The two female characters are well structured, they don't change their attitude too quickly or without a reason, the relationships with the protagonist (us) are well explained.

The game rarely has bugs (happened only once in multiple runs), more precisely it's a game freeze.

Without the use of hacks the game is too repetitive and boring, also because the game has a time limit of 120 days, so in your first run if you don't use a walktrought or hack you will lose many scenes or even the ending you want. After the 120 days it is possible to continue, so it is better to focus on the desired ending first, the extra scenes can be recovered later.

Unfortunately the scenes are so-so, they don't involve too much.

Let's say the strong point of the game is the story with the two female characters (the corruption), but it's not worth the time you spend to get such scenes.
  6. 2.00 star(s)

Sesinho

The game itself is interesting enough, progressive grindy RPGM that at least while you try it it will consume 1 or 2 hours of your tinme depending on your expectations and patience..
    In my case I played for 3 hours, those hours does not justify the overall quality of the product, it justifies the ideas behind it, since its kind of a "corruption" game, that part is always entertaing to see developping or unfolding.

Tooo bad that the scenes are just pretty much or or 2 pretty default static images and there is no redeeming quality besides hoow muhc you like this or that character. Visually there is not much to like in the first place but once you reach the aprt where the 2 houirs of playing should pay off, the scene smake it not payinmg off at all. I kind of reached the end of the FL with the prostitution and those scenes are below underwhelming. HAving seen the rest of the game it didnt exaclty surprised me but there is an obvious dissapointment.

As I said besides the corruption part that you may enjoy, there is nothing else.
  7. 4.00 star(s)

Kivenx

overall 8/10
    This game can be grindy at the beggining, but it snowballs hard at the end.
    I like the art and the story (the story is not the best but is ok).
    The game is fun and is nice to fap.
    The biggest problem this game has is the grind for money and the suspicion rating. What this game needed was a difficulty setting (for ppl that don't want to grind or manage money and suspicion) and also badly needs MORE hints (some scenes are "locked" behind other scenes and the game does not tell you that).
  8. 3.00 star(s)

MezzaPez

Ah its a mix of a good game and a bad game. The corruption is really great and it makes you wanna keep going and going. The scenes are okay but they are good for what the game is. But, what makes the game not so great is all the grind it is not the worse grinding game I have played but it definitely ranks pretty high up there on the do the same thing until something new happens scale.

Losing is pretty hard until much later. Its possible to get yourself one hit KO if you aren't careful mid game which can be a pain in the ass if you forget to save since it already takes so long just to get a new scene.

I can't rate it more then a 3 but I can't rate it lower then a 3.
  9. D
    4.00 star(s)

Diestrich

4.7 stars one of my first games played in this site. Really have a romantic view of this one. I love corruption games. very fun to play and do things, can be grindy, but it is not a problem, you get used very fast to mechanics, sometimes you may skip or want to skip some scenes, but there is no way to fast forward. Sleep sex is fun, but the corruption sex gets a lots of points
  10. 4.00 star(s)

Sothyr

I really enjoyed playing the game.

Few issues, but overall it was really good.
    - few black screens with text instead of seeing what it happening.
    - animated scenes would make the game fantastic!!!

- not always logical when we should give stuff like sleeping pills. Should be in the evening, but instead it is in the night by clicking on the stove for example
    - no impreg-check necessary for a already pregnant woman.

IMPORTANT! Check everything on different daytimes once if you cannot proceed. I missed for example that it is possible to call Megan to C.'s bed. Because I clicked only at midnight on it to sleep or accidentily first in the early morning. So I needed a while to start with BJ's after the first one.
  11. 4.00 star(s)

idemandfood

Reviewed v1.12

I’ve expressed my dislike for the RPGM engine may times when doing reviews such as the constant backtracking, collecting quests as well as just general slow pace of the story. So when I read that Cohabitation was not your typical RPGM, I decided to give it a crack.

Cohabitation does away many of the flaws that are inherent in the RPGM engine however the repetition and grind remain. It’s not as egregious as other RPGM games I’ve played but it’s still there.

The renders are nicely done with the female models being the highlight (I don’t really care for the old man protagonist). The environment after day 30 becomes bland and a little uninspiring and doesn’t help with the grind towards the end.

As for gameplay, it’s more in-line with your typical Ren’Py minus the decision making. The day is broken up into 5 periods with each big action costing a period. In addition, you can earn money to buy items. Overall, it’s simple and easy to pick up and learn. I would have preferred some guidance throughout my playthrough because it feels like I was shooting into the dark regarding what I need to do next sometimes. Grinding stat points for the female characters is what drives progression forwards; however, it slowly burnt me out because there never seemed to be a goal in sight.

Story is pretty simple. Corrupt, corrupt and corrupt. As with games like these, the story really just serves as a backdrop and filler in between H-scenes. I didn’t really care for any of the characters at all, they possessed personality but lacked charm.

Pros
    • Excellent renders
    • H-scenes are nice
    • Simple and easy to pick up gameplay
    Cons
    • Lack of goal tracking or progression tracking
    • No replay gallery
    • Grind, grind, grind
    • Bland characters and boring story
    Cohabitation functions very well and the scenes are pretty awesome, however the story itself is just lacking in terms of impact coupled with rather bland characters and the constant the grind.

Some suggestions
    • Show progression for players to work towards it (tracking stat level that will trigger next event)
    • This will help alleviate the grind
    • Replay gallery
    • May incentivise players to play another playthrough
  12. 3.00 star(s)

ShamusForSmut

I try to be as honest as possible when shifting through smut.

For this, the gameplay is simple, bit of a spin on the RPGM-type of deal. Instead of moving around sprites and bashing E/spacebar on everything, instead it pans out more like a visual novel, where you choose where you want to go to within your house and what actions you want to take with your niece (then later her mom).

Now in that, lies the meat of the game, moving throughout your house, and generally doing actions to corrupt your niece. However, there lies the fault of the game. If you don't mind games that have a grind like the many others that populate the genre, then it's old news for you, but for anyone turned off by that, then unfortunately it's the driving point of the game.
    Think repeatable actions that number in the dozens in getting to where you want to get to. The more you repeat certain actions and take certain paths, the more corruption you get, but be ready to keep on the keep on to get to the "bars" of the ladder when climbing the rungs for each progression. The progression itself is nice and serves its purpose for the corruption aspect, as your niece does become sluttier and sluttier, but as for the grind, you'll really have to stomach it if you want to ride the debauchery.

To have some check on the corruption, you have to level your actions by not just perving out from the get go considering that too much heat generated from doing actions will get you kicked out of the house. So for that, you can't just keep grinding against the wall without nothing stopping you, thus, you have to maintain a balance (and a healthy amount of saves) as you go onwards by not being a total creep all the time, while being a creep at the right times where you won't totally be punted out of the house by an angry father.

Which is another rather loosely balanced mechanic, as when the corruption ramps up, there are parts where you'll do an action that'll tank your "trust" lets say on being able to stay in the house, where you can be sitting around 60, and getting an H-event on either doin' it on the couch or banging her at the mall will send that over 100, thus getting you kicked out of the house. Now, I haven't played this in awhile, and that could've been balanced out, but I remember using the mod attached back in the day to circumvent a lot of the things in the way of enjoying the smut material of the game, rather than punishing myself for hours. I did a good first playthrough of it, rather than going the mod/save edit route, but this is a game that you don't play through twice, more so just a game you hold the saves for for that quick crank.

For the visuals, it's good enough. The context and situation are enough for me, just a sandbox where you can corrupt willy nilly if you do it right, so if that's enough for you then the honey models wouldn't be too much if you're already numb enough to the amount of games that utilize them.

All n' all, instead of a 3, it's more like a 3 and a half. It's good enough to shoulder the smut it has, but the gameplay mechanics sometimes get in the way of a good thing.
  13. 2.00 star(s)

DrGonzo

A repetitive grind with lots of clicking and little payoff. The usual honey select mediocre graphics.
    The story is pretty silly (you get to stay in your niece's bedroom for some reason) and have to click your heart out to up seemingly meaningless stats.

I had to bail after a while. Got bored of it.
  14. 5.00 star(s)

Joel Wolf

Finally! I love the Harem track. More pictures of that would be nice. Maybe while watching TV in evening. Maybe have them start dressing slutty in the house. Why is Megan even wearing cloths in the room?
  15. 4.00 star(s)

wrarar

story: good.

draws (cg): good.

scenes: good and very hot.

gameplay: very hard and tedius (higly recomend a mod)

conclussion: this game is a nice definition of "take less and doo more" because it doesnt have too many "pics" but it have a descent quantity of content. but try to play with a guide or something, this game is very long without cheats or mods wich kinda make sense, if you have in mind all the things done by the uncle.

this game deserve your time and money.
  16. 2.00 star(s)

DrGrigor

Good concept & design, but poor execution.

The game was way too grindy with little to no information about next step. Because there is no hint about next step, you could literally end up doing the same thing over again with little to no progress at all.

I literally only manage to trigger Susan corruption at Day 60 because I could't find interaction to call her. Only to see the option available at Megan room under the condition that she is watching tv.

It also have a time limit before you reach the ending, which means a total pain in the ass to get everything done within the time frame. Never a good idea to begin with if you ask me.

Another thing to take into consideration is the suspicious increase vs decrease. At early game, the gap between both action is rather reasonable and thus the negation of suspicious meter can still be tolerated.

At later game however, you raise suspicious at huge amount in a single action with some of the action raising as much as 50 while you only decrease it by about 8-12. There is a huge contrast here which means a lot of chores to get rid of it while fighting against the clock.

The developer should introduce a features that tell us the amount of affection & lewd require to trigger the next event as well. The number doesn't mean much when there is a lack of information. I thought having 500 affection is enough to trigger the next event considering that apart from spending cash to garner Megan affection, affection are raise in a rather slow amount. But apparantly I was wrong about it.

This game deserve 5/5, it isn't bad & definitely worth to play. But the lack of information left & right couple with the time limit makes it very hard to stomach it.

Hopefully the developer would take note & improves it, it is such a shame such a potential game was dragged down by the lack of details.
  17. 5.00 star(s)

Game Reviewer

This was very good considering the game is made by rpgm which i hate because you have to walk for missions

And damn the niece is so beautiful
    The graphic is made by illusion but it looks like it was made by daz3d

And you get to pick where youll cum is awesome cause ill love dirtying someone with cum

The cum graphics is very good while most games here dont focus on while youve done a goos job

And pregnancy is what i like to see
  18. 5.00 star(s)

EK_0

I love the concept and execution, it only need a little more of actions, freedom and scenarios to the MC, and it will be great if after the story end it let us to keep making a history or play -like rpg-
  19. 5.00 star(s)

Papow

I followed this game since the beginning. Female model is really good and gameplay is easy to understand and fun to play eventhrough it quite annoying that i must do old things repeatedly to increase status for next event. In truth this game should get 3 - 4 star but i give 5 because i follow this game since the start and hope that creator will make game more fun and easy to play in the future.
  20. 3.00 star(s)

JayDubya

playing .96 version and its got a lot of bugs and is way too slow playing . I have over 3000 in corruption and cant get to the kid or the wife for sex. Yeah I played earlier versions and have had both was hoping to play the new version and see what changed. I tried different days of week, times of day and have done all the favors multiple times as I leveled up.All the morning exercises with meg have been done every 500 pts of corruption