fulcrum

Engaged Member
Feb 2, 2018
Dtrain327
Code:
3250: (if: $Slust is 20)[ [[Your phone vibrates]] ]
3251:
3252: (if: $Dlust is 20)[ [[Follow Dina upstairs->Follow Dina upstairs]]]
produces a dead end if your parameters are anything but 20. in my case they were 40 prompting me to dig into the code.

Code:
(if: $Slust >= 20)[ [[Your phone vibrates]] ]

(if: $Dlust >= 20)[ [[Follow Dina upstairs->Follow Dina upstairs]]]
i would also suggest to define a maximum number of event in your variables instead of hardcoding it, to make it easier to change later and avoid going over it instead of having to ctrl f trhough the whole file. additionaly, you should define event IDs and add them to an array so dont have a chance increasing their stats. I dont know if there's a contains() or similar function that checks an array for a value for you, but in any way.

--pseudo code--
mom max event=10
if (current mom event < mom max event) mom event +1
--

mom event seen=[m01,m02,m03]
current mom event=m03
if (mom event seen contains current mom event) skip
else mom horny +13

alternatively you can simply use a "last event seen" type of programming, like momlastevent=5, but thats best used for incremental progress, i.e. increasingly depraved acts around family, hard locking events from being repeated by a lastevent =< x type of condition.

I see twine has a variable type called datamap i am unfamiliar with thats suggested for this kind of thing

Last edited:

Dtrain327

May 23, 2018
Dtrain327
Code:
3250: (if: $Slust is 20)[ [[Your phone vibrates]] ]
3251:
3252: (if: $Dlust is 20)[ [[Follow Dina upstairs-&gt;Follow Dina upstairs]]]
produces a dead end if your parameters are anything but 20. in my case they were 40 prompting me to dig into the code.

Code:
(if: $Slust >= 20)[ [[Your phone vibrates]] ]

(if: $Dlust >= 20)[ [[Follow Dina upstairs-&gt;Follow Dina upstairs]]]
i would also suggest to define a maximum number of event in your variables instead of hardcoding it, to make it easier to change later and avoid going over it instead of having to ctrl f trhough the whole file. additionaly, you should define event IDs and add them to an array so dont have a chance increasing their stats. I dont know if there's a contains() or similar function that checks an array for a value for you, but in any way.

--pseudo code--
mom max event=10
if (current mom event < mom max event) mom event +1
--

mom event seen=[m01,m02,m03]
current mom event=m03
if (mom event seen contains current mom event) skip
else mom horny +13

alternatively you can simply use a "last event seen" type of programming, like momlastevent=5, but thats best used for incremental progress, i.e. increasingly depraved acts around family, hard locking events from being repeated by a lastevent =< x type of condition.

I see twine has a variable type called datamap i am unfamiliar with thats suggested for this kind of thing
I'll look into it! It seemed fine when I tested it, but that was usually off a fresh start but I think the saves might mess with the values!

fulcrum

Engaged Member
Feb 2, 2018
I'll look into it! It seemed fine when I tested it, but that was usually off a fresh start but I think the saves might mess with the values!
you can reset the game keeping the stats, havent looked if that includes the incest stats. but never use a=b expressions if you cant make sure its exactly that value (i.e. capped stats until a certain event happens increasing MaxHornySister or something)

AWolfe

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Jan 21, 2018
Started a new game, and quickly found that this update breaks the save game system. When you go to save the game there is no return link. All you can do is undo to get back to where you were. V0.4 worked okay, but this version is, for me, unplayable as is.

It's also inexcusable that a game should have such a bug. It shows that it wasn't properly tested before the version was released.

Dtrain327

May 23, 2018
Started a new game, and quickly found that this update breaks the save game system. When you go to save the game there is no return link. All you can do is undo to get back to where you were. V0.4 worked okay, but this version is, for me, unplayable as is.

It's also inexcusable that a game should have such a bug. It shows that it wasn't properly tested before the version was released.
What browser are you using?

AWolfe

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Jan 21, 2018
Exact same problem using the latest version of Opera (62.0.3331.78).

3.30 star(s) 8 Votes