Daz Colliding breasts with clothes

rom_piet

Customizer of Titles
Game Developer
Jan 27, 2019
Hi everyone,
I've been trying to pull off this effect:
1683455251316.png

Does anyone know what sort of morphs/tools can be used to get this effect of breasts overflowing a clothing item? Dawn Lab used to be a star in this, but they recently quit their 3D artist efforts.

Some more stills that might give some hints:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

osanaiko

Engaged Member
Modder
Jul 4, 2017
You could export the figure and clothing as two objs *after* they are already posed / conformed.
Import both into blender as separate objects.
Then use the vertex proportional editing tools to swell up the breast part above the clothing edge.
As long as you don't modify the number or connections of the vertexes, then you can import it back via morphloader and apply the new shape to the figure.

*note: i've never done this myself, i'm recalling a previous post where someone described the same process.

coffeeaddicted

Apr 13, 2021
Man, this sounds really complicated for some slides.
For some art shot's probably acceptable but for a game?
Can you save it and reuse it for other poses or does that needs to be done for every pose? Just wondering.

osanaiko

Engaged Member
Modder
Jul 4, 2017
I think it's partly this difficult because daz doesn't have true physics based soft body simulation.

Once you make a morph you should be able to reuse for other shots that have the same clothing, particularly if you make it in the default T-pose (or A-Pose depending on figure generation). But it might not look good/natural in some poses.

Last edited:

coffeeaddicted

Apr 13, 2021
I think it's partly this difficult because daz does have true physics based soft body simulation.

Once you make a morph you should be able to reuse for other shots that have the same clothing, particularly if you make it in the default T-pose (or A-Pose depending on figure generation). But it might not look good/natural in some poses.
I think i may pass. Though i really like how it looks but it seems to much work for a slide someone watches for a second. I think this is something for a art render where you make one slide or maybe 3.
Though, i will look into that as i play with large breast myself for a story.
Thanks, you know a lot my friend. I still don't know s***. :(

Reactions: osanaiko

rom_piet

Customizer of Titles
Game Developer
Jan 27, 2019
You could export the figure and clothing as two objs *after* they are already posed / conformed.
Import both into blender as separate objects.
Then use the vertex proportional editing tools to swell up the breast part above the clothing edge.
As long as you don't modify the number or connections of the vertexes, then you can import it back via morphloader and apply the new shape to the figure.

*note: i've never done this myself, i'm recalling a previous post where someone described the same process.
Thank you! I thought I remembered something like this as well from random tutorials I've watched years ago. I was just curious/hoping technology would've evolved past that manual jazz by now :p

I'll give it a shot with blender!

Reactions: osanaiko

GrayTShirt

Game Developer
Nov 27, 2019
There are some Daz assets that have dFormers built into them. Look for any kind of "intimates" style clothing in the Daz store. .
Just turn off the parameter locks and go crazy.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

coffeeaddicted

Apr 13, 2021
There is also apparently another approach.
Not to autofit the clothing and apply smoothing motifier to the figure.
Please see this post
Check post from SixDS

Reactions: rom_piet