collisions/deformation/stretching for body parts

khumak

Engaged Member
Oct 2, 2017
I've been having a lot of fun with Daz but collisions and deformation is something I just can't seem to figure out. All of the tutorials about it that I've seen involve using deformers and mesh smoothing to manually deform each individual point of contact. What I'd like to be able to do is to turn on collision detection for body parts and also set some sort of a threshold for how much each body part can deform before further movement is blocked.

So for example setting a hand to grasp a breast, the hand would have basically no deformation but the breast would deform to match the shape of the grasping hand. Ideally I would like to be able to transition from 1 pose where there is only light contact and minimal deformation to a nice rough squeeze and/or some rubbing where the software would handle the deformation based on the position I posed them in. Is that possible or would I have to manually deform the breast for each posing position?

I did find a plugin specifically for breasts that has some predefined deformations for different grab poses and matching breast deformations but that wouldn't help me for any other body parts.

FlipTopBin

Game Developer
Dec 5, 2017
You and the rest of the Daz community would like this I am afraid. It's just not there.

Soft body dynamics is what you are after and its very early days for this in Daz as you have found out. Poser and Blender are supposed to have some support for this but so far I can't be arsed to try changing tools. Poser costs real money and I don't think Blender really has as many models available as Daz. Although, having said that I have seen some tutorials on converting assets from one to the other.

If you want do this properly you are going to have buy some serious software like Maya or 3DS and that will set you back mega bucks.

Reactions: khumak

khumak

Engaged Member
Oct 2, 2017
Ok thanks. I definitely am not ready to spend a bunch of money on this. This is purely a hobby for now although I do hope to get good enough at it to eventually make my own game. At that point I may be willing to pay for some more expensive tools.

The easiest method I've found so far to make sex animations is to get a premade animation set and then manually tweak things like hand/finger/genital/morphs to avoid collisions for each frame. Time consuming but so much faster than having to do the entire pose myself. Thanks for the info.

Closeup shots involving penetration or anything rough are the worst.

Jun 29, 2018
I also would love to see Daz get this ability. I know I was really confused trying to setup sex scenes with penetration as I thought that function existed in Daz already.

You may also want to check into the D-Form tool in Daz which can help you manually manipulate the shape of objects/character to give you that effect. As an example you could have a sofa and use the D-form tool to press down the cushion you want to have a character sit on to show the character's weight.