VN Ren'Py Color of My Sound [Ch.2 Final v7] [Gallant Trombe]

4.30 star(s) 68 Votes

Cabin Fever

Engaged Member
Nov 23, 2018
There is another content update coming to Chapter 1. The Finale update that is available now already concludes the chapter, but I've gone back to rework one of the beginning scenes to help exposit the story better.
Will it be released with chapter 2 or it's a seprate update?
Separate. Ch2 will include it, of course.
Hey everyone, it's the 1st of December and you know what that means? Santa is coming soon!

"Color of My Sound" Chapter 2 Part A just dropped as an Early Access reward to high tier patrons. :love:

Check out Gallant Trombe 's Patreon if you haven't yet done so...
What happened to the separate Ch1 "rework" update that's supposed to come before Ch2? Has the plan changed to bundle them?

Gallant Trombe

Game Developer
Mar 19, 2021

Chapter 1 Enhanced Edition is now available to everyone! This build is, hopefully, the definitive version of Chapter 1. I hope this will serve as a great demo that is available to the public as I move on to Chapter 2 and beyond.
The Enhanced Edition comes with all the features you can find from the early access release of Chapter 2A.

Changelog
-The beginning of Chapter 1 (where you pick your name) has been completely reworked -170 new renders.
-One lewd scene has been expanded with 51 new renders!
-Audio! This is the first release of sound effects. Still no proper music yet, but I've added sound effects, ambient and musical loops throughout.
-Codex rework! The unlocking system and the Glossary has been completely reworked. Each entry, including the Dossier, will unlock progressively throughout the game, and not at the end of each update.
-Scene Replay! A Scene Replay feature has been added.
PC - -

Last edited:

PapaPhat

Engaged Member
Mar 31, 2022

Chapter 1 Enhanced Edition is now available to everyone! This build is, hopefully, the definitive version of Chapter 1. I hope this will serve as a great demo that is available to the public as I move on to Chapter 2 and beyond.
The Enhanced Edition comes with all the features you can find from the early access release of Chapter 2A.

Changelog

PC - MEGA - Drive
Thanks GT :) I know I gave you shit about teasing with all of the chapter one updates but I thank you for them all the same. I'm looking forward to replaying all of chapter one to see and hear the new enhancements. I'm sure that you will not let us down as you have already established a rather high bench mark of your brilliant quality.;)

So, many thanks and warm holiday greetings to you and yours, my friend. :)

Adventure ever on, Phat;)(y)

Reactions: EndlessNights

PapaPhat

Engaged Member
Mar 31, 2022

Changelog

PC - MEGA - Drive
Looks like you fixed it before I said anything but upon DL, this is what I found first attempt...

ColorOfMySound-Chapter2.A.v4-pc

I just went to check again and saw the name of the intended file...

ColorOfMySound-Chapter1.EE.v1-pc

Hope you don't mind, I'm keeping both :)

Reactions: EndlessNights

FAP369ZONE

Aug 29, 2018
[VN] [Ren'Py] Color of My Sound [Chapter 1 Enhanced Edition v1] [Gallant Trombe] [UQ, MyRepack-YAC]

Original size: 2.52GB
Repack size: 393MB

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

PC = / / / /
MacOS = (Tutorial on how to create PC/MacOS build.)

Click LIKE (y) if you find my post useful :alien:

Last edited:

osanaiko

Engaged Member
Modder
Jul 4, 2017
Original size: 2.52GB
Repack size: 393MB
Wow, that's pretty aggressive compression. There's gonna be a lot of artifacts in those webp's. "Typical" size reduction without visual quality loss (i.e equivalent SSIM measure) is about 25% reduction when going from JPEG to WEBP.
(source: )

Not that I'm saying it's a bad idea to offer a moderately compressed alternative to the "directors cut" quality that the author prefers, but cutting it down by 85% from the original size has got to hurt.

Last edited:

Canto Forte

Post Pro
Jul 10, 2017
Customized Ultra Quality Setting (aka UQ)
You are doing so well, FAP369ZONE
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Videos: 80% Quality ratio

This is the ultra quality setting. Anyone looking for the original, make some room on their storage for 2GB+ archive then 2GB+ unpacked game then 4GB+ free swap files on their system storage and 4GB+ free RAM for this game.

Should you have all those, you will never need any compression.
Oh, wait, your DL time might be too much for you to enjoy or actually game,
so there you have it: get the slightly lower quality compression and game ON!

Last edited:

RPDL

do torrent. go fast.
Donor
Dec 17, 2020
Customized Ultra Quality Setting (aka UQ)
You are doing so well, FAP369ZONE
Videos: 80% Quality ratio

This is the ultra quality setting. Anyone looking for the original, make some room on their storage for 2GB+ archive then 2GB+ unpacked game then 4GB+ free swap files on their system storage and 4GB+ free RAM for this game.

Should you have all those, you will never need any compression.
Oh, wait, your DL time might be too much for you to enjoy or actually game,
so there you have it: get the slightly lower quality compression and game ON!
Or use a torrent and forget about filesizes or download speeds :)

Reactions: AwsHen

FAP369ZONE

Aug 29, 2018
Wow, that's pretty aggressive compression.
Not really, the encode is focused on quality yet still reducing the size considerably with little to no quality loss. If i made another repack with 95% quality ratio for images and it will be virtually identical to original but the size reduction is not that good, the whole repack would be maybe 2-3 times bigger (aka prolly below 1GB).

There's gonna be a lot of artifacts in those webp's.
Nope... not at all actually :geek: Don't believe me... try it yourself and compare the original image and one for my UQ Edition repack... you'll see ;) Be aware that this difference will be far more noticeable if you have big monitor/resolution so this is quite relative. I have small monitor/resolution so even encode done with 70% quality ratio for an image looks "decant" on my end.

Not that I'm saying it's a bad idea to offer a moderately compressed alternative to the "directors cut" quality that the author prefers, but cutting it down by 85% from the original size has got to hurt.
This is not how this works tho... These repacks (aka compressed versions as they are more widely known here on f95zone) are focused on size reduction by sacrificing quality aka encoding the files and optimizing to find a good balance between quality and size. Mind you that these are not losseless repacks with pure compression on files (you know like fitgirl and dodi make them for aaa games) but we encode the files (images, videos and audio) themselves in favor to size reduction therefor they are lossy repacks. Sooner or later all devs will hit a reality check with size and they will either have to split the project (not a real solution imho) or optimized it cuz 1MB+ images, 10MB+ bitrate videos is really really unnecessary... unless you have big monitor/resolution and tons of HDD space where you really do not care about the file size... just know that there are some of us that do care :geek:

Sometimes... size really does matter :BootyTime:

Gallant Trombe

Game Developer
Mar 19, 2021
I'm okay with compression. I do my duty as the dev to offer the best balance of quality and size I can. Visuals are a big part of CoMS, so I prioritise that over filesize. Not to mention I'm the original source of the game, if I only offer compressed versions, then no one has the option to play with higher quality.

Anyway, all I'm saying is I'm completely fine with mods and compression repacks to offer people choices.

4.30 star(s) 68 Votes