VN - Others - Completed - Colorado Cocoa Club [Final] [Double Peach Productions]

1. 5.00 star(s)

jonesdough3

Really didn't expect just how likeable everyone was written.
    Loved the extensive attention to detail in the conversations.
    They felt really nice instead of the usual cheesy/stupid dialog.
    MC was so cute, that it was a pleasure to play her.
  2. 5.00 star(s)

Scarlett's nightmare

Ok, so I played all three games available here and basically, it's the same game with different people and a different setting. Why did I play all of them then?

Well, the dev excels at setting the scene, they really do. It is a short romantic story with a choice of two (lesbian) love interests. The writing is good, in depth and professional (with some weird spelling mistakes here and there). If you don't like the writing, there really isn't much for you here though. There is a single sex "scene" (one screen only) and I actually liked it the least. They are all really corny and the characters keep having a really cringe conversation throughout, which I found really weird.

Also, while the writing is proficient, it also feels preachy at times. They clearly did their research regarding the topics they write about, but they also seem to want to show off their knowledge a bit too much.

If I had to guess, I'd say it was written by a man. It isn't bad by any stretch, but I wish the characters had more of a female voice.

Having said all that, it all comes together much like a guilty pleasure. I did enjoy the setting and I loved the characters nonetheless; I did not skip through the text and I enjoyed my time with all 3 stories.

Thank you for the journey!