Ren'Py Comic style ballons

Jun 14, 2018
What is the best way to create something like this, where you will have ballons next to each person had and they won't be static? I haven't exp with renpy but my idea is to create 4 methods (never created such in renpy) left top (on left side of the pic), left bottom, top right (right side of the pic), top bottom, where each will have the position of the bubble and I will only change the X and Y of them. Is there better way to do it?
123412.png

KiaAzad

Feb 27, 2019
I was thinking about tackling this at some point but it's low priority right now. it wouldn't be that hard to create a that takes two strings for the text and two integers for the x,y positions and show such a frame.
What I have on my mind though is automatic detection of the character sprites and showing the say window on the right position according to that information alone.

anne O'nymous

I'm not grumpy, I'm just coded that way.
Modder
Donor
Respected User
Jun 10, 2017
A tweaked say screen with the help of the .

You keep the default behavior for the dialog writing, and can choose the bubble type and its position by passing the argument. With a little more works, you can link them to a character and keep the previous values defined for this character until new ones are defined.