Common Error Message when trying to start new game

gobred

Jul 26, 2017
I have recently discovered the genre, but am having problems with some of the applications. I am getting:

"I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred. Before loading the script. Exception: Couldn't find file '._archive.rpi'."

Can you direct me to a solution?

muttdoggy

Dogerator
Staff member
Aug 6, 2016
What Operating System do you use? What are the game names?

gobred

Jul 26, 2017
Mutt, thank you.

I am currently running Windows 10 in Bootcamp partition on an MacBook Pro. Lust Affect, The Wind's Disciple and Second Happiness all throw the same error.

muttdoggy

Dogerator
Staff member
Aug 6, 2016
AFAIK, '._archive.rpi' is for Macintosh. Windows versions use rpa, rpy, rpyc, etc.
My best guess is that it's trying to run the Mac version.
In Lust Effect, you could go to Lust_Affect-0.700-pc\lib\i686 folder and run the Lust_Affect.exe. Does that help?

gobred

Jul 26, 2017
Good information on file types. I tried you suggestion, and still get the same error. The name of the download file ends in pc so I assumed it was for Windows.

muttdoggy

Dogerator
Staff member
Aug 6, 2016
May want to ask sam or some of the devs here who use ren'py. They're usually active on discord.

suckywako

Dec 18, 2019
Hello, I have the same problem, but I also have the solution. The error occurs when you unzip the ZIP file on MAC and then you run the EXE in WINDOWS, I did the test with the same ZIP file, unzipping in MAC and run the EXE in WINDOWS shows the error "_archive.rpi ...", then, the same ZIP was decompressed in WINDOWS and run and everything worked properly.

Hope this helps you to run your EXE smoothly on MAC (I use PARALLELS DESKTOP instead of BOOTCAMP).

• Hey there
Reactions: Pmaria

for3aib

Dec 25, 2018
Anyone having trouble running the game on MAC, I extracted with several apps and it always gave me the error, but 7zX worked without problems.