Common locations?

GuyFreely

May 2, 2018
I'm curious about why you are asking the question, it might help get the answers you are looking for better. Are you planning out a game or just wondering? Anyway...

The most common places are the most common places to find people IRL.
Home, Work, and School
cafe, club, gym, beach, pool, park
Particular to H-games: Clothing Store, Doctor's Office, Sex Shop, Strip Club

bugglebox

Jan 13, 2018
I'm curious about why you are asking the question, it might help get the answers you are looking for better. Are you planning out a game or just wondering? Anyway...

The most common places are the most common places to find people IRL.
Home, Work, and School
cafe, club, gym, beach, pool, park
Particular to H-games: Clothing Store, Doctor's Office, Sex Shop, Strip Club
forgot a lot of them when I was trying to think what sort of locations would be must-haves for when I do mine. So yeah basically it'll help to like plan it out and come up with characters based on what locations I include

GuyFreely

May 2, 2018
Well, there are two ways to approach that. Sure, you can do the things everyone does or you can try to do things you don't see as often. There are a couple of reasons to pick a location.

Probability: People spend huge chunks of their lives at Home, Work, or School depending on situation. So it makes sense to have scenes there.
Social: Places outside of those mentioned above where people would be together. Any sort of entertainment, necessity, or hobby. This is clubs, restaurants, stores, or gyms. Things like that.
Nudity (or more revealing): These are places where people don't wear normal clothes or take their clothes off for some reason. Such as the clothing store, pool, or doctor's office. Basically, it can give you a reason to put a character in sexy clothes or no clothes.
Story: Yeah, some h-games have them. This would be a location that's important to the story. This is highly variable but could be places like a scientific lab, police station (for non-police because that's just work), cabin in the woods, etc.

If it were me, I'd start with the story or at least the theme of the game. The locations should naturally come from there. If it's something like a dating sim, then you can kind of go wherever you want that makes sense for a date.

bugglebox

Jan 13, 2018
Well, there are two ways to approach that. Sure, you can do the things everyone does or you can try to do things you don't see as often. There are a couple of reasons to pick a location.

Probability: People spend huge chunks of their lives at Home, Work, or School depending on situation. So it makes sense to have scenes there.
Social: Places outside of those mentioned above where people would be together. Any sort of entertainment, necessity, or hobby. This is clubs, restaurants, stores, or gyms. Things like that.
Nudity (or more revealing): These are places where people don't wear normal clothes or take their clothes off for some reason. Such as the clothing store, pool, or doctor's office. Basically, it can give you a reason to put a character in sexy clothes or no clothes.
Story: Yeah, some h-games have them. This would be a location that's important to the story. This is highly variable but could be places like a scientific lab, police station (for non-police because that's just work), cabin in the woods, etc.

If it were me, I'd start with the story or at least the theme of the game. The locations should naturally come from there. If it's something like a dating sim, then you can kind of go wherever you want that makes sense for a date.
the setting is sort of just a standard town so a lot of locations would be present like that. Mainly it was like I was struggling a bit with character ideas so I kinda figured if I put some locations it'd then be easier to think like who might work/hang out there sort of thing.

GuyFreely

May 2, 2018
Well as far as character/location combos go (I'm going to assume women). People like gyms or yoga studios because the woman will be in good shape. They like spas because the women will be comfortable touching you. A nurse will generally be caring and comfortable with patient nudity. If you want a tough girl, a rough bar works. She could be a patron or employee. Erotic dancer at a strip club (enough said). Then you have your overworked uptight women looking for release, office worker or teacher. Hopefully that gives you something to work with.