HTML Community development thread

Project Hess

Game Developer
May 14, 2017
I have decided to start working on a game after a while of getting ideas.

It will be text based game using Twine with a possible port to Ren'py if I have enough time on my hands.

Right now, I'm just starting off the story with a main character (nameless so far), and his best friend, Zoey, who are attending Northeast Community College.

Hopefully I can get more progress done today, to have a alpha release this Friday.

Also images is a possibility in the future in the HTML release, I just want to get the base game done with.

Project Hess

Game Developer
May 14, 2017
Sounds good to me. What are your ideas for names of this project
I'm probably going to name it Community, but it's still a working title.

Anyway, I got about 5-10 minutes done today, will probably work more tonight and tomorrow. Weekly releases might be Sunday instead of Friday, but I don't really know at the moment.

Project Hess

Game Developer
May 14, 2017
Update for today, not a lot has happened because I was mostly doing college work, but I should get some more work done tonight, then tomorrow afternoon I'll work on it some more. I'm probably going to release the first alpha release on Sunday morning too.

Project Hess

Game Developer
May 14, 2017
Update for today, I did a lot of work yesterday, changed up a lot due to some mixed feedback from showing off some stuff in the discord.

I'm planning on this to be a "respect your best friend, get rewards out of it" type of thing. Sunday morning EST is probably going to be the release date for sure for the first alpha build.

Project Hess

Game Developer
May 14, 2017
Quick update, since college is hammering me hard, the release will be postponed a few days, but more of the game can be completed too.

So this Sunday morning is the estimated time of release for version 0.0.1

Project Hess

Game Developer
May 14, 2017
Currently still writing, as before, college will take up most of my week. I'm also rewriting some stuff because grammar, and I will implement new routes too because of the delay. So expect a release this Sunday morning, maybe around 4:30 AM EST.

I also will have some art as well in the game, my friend will help me.