Complaining about fantasy tails in art and in specific DAZ !

3DReaver

Formerly 'grohotor'
May 15, 2020
So you are reading the title and you are thinking to yourself, well this is stupid, but i really have to get this out there. 1231.png
Why do people do this ? i understand you have to take some liberties with other body parts like wings that people don't have and CAN'T have in any sort of logical biological way but for gods sake there is already a perfectly anatomical place to attach a tail to. ITS CALLED THE TAIL BONE ! having a tail come out the middle of the back just looks so stupid.

Reactions: despot444

Meaning Less

Engaged Member
Sep 13, 2016
I guess it depends on what your fetish is, a clean view of the ass and not having to modify pants to fit it sounds like a reasonable tradeoff.

Veileos

Feb 7, 2022
Had to look up some comparisons really quick and what stood out was that its just generally sexier. Sure that way is anatomically correct but its not as sexy. Most art and costumes attaches it to the hip instead of the tailbone because seeing the unobstructed ass is a generally better view.

Having a permanent tail wedgie also looks stupid.
That made me laugh I thought it looked like that too. Then though why is there not a lot of tail wedgies?
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Probably should of used a more slender tail.

3DReaver

Formerly 'grohotor'
May 15, 2020
Had to look up some comparisons really quick and what stood out was that its just generally sexier. Sure that way is anatomically correct but its not as sexy. Most art and costumes attaches it to the hip instead of the tailbone because seeing the unobstructed ass is a generally better view.

That made me laugh I thought it looked like that too. Then though why is there not a lot of tail wedgies?
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Probably should of used a more slender tail.
I think someone like this is superior to the tail coming out of the middle of the back

l.png l 2.png
you can also use tops and skirts with minimal issues. having the tail be above the pants looks stupid and it forces you to only use clothes with a bare lower back. Tail above skirts is also.... whats the point ?

The tail used in this is called Tailminator. its the best i found but its only for fluffy tails. i wonder how hard it would be to adapt this into something like a succubus tail.

baloneysammich

Jun 3, 2017
I'm confused. From the OP I assumed you were advocating something like the left and opposing things like the right. But to my eyes the image in your last post largely resembles the right and not at all the left.

Also, despite the informal name "tail bone" the coccyx would be a bad starting point for a tail.

Deleted member 440241

Feb 14, 2018
I'm confused. From the OP I assumed you were advocating something like the left and opposing things like the right. But to my eyes the image in your last post largely resembles the right and not at all the left.

Also, despite the informal name "tail bone" the coccyx would be a bad starting point for a tail.
It looks like the new picture has the tail starting lower than the right picture without extending from the coccyx the way the left picture does. Making it a happy medium between the extremes.

3DReaver

Formerly 'grohotor'
May 15, 2020

how could it be a bad starting point for a tail when it's a vestigial tail ? its just that its very small and curved in a way so that we can sit on it. its a tail. 32584472_1659675070735454_1326304498213191680_n.jpg
from the first set of photos it looks like the tail is coming out of L3. the bottom set it looks like s1

im not advocating for a tail that is 100% anatomically correct. thats not my point. my point is that it should not look completely wrong at a first glance to someone with very limited anatomical knowledge like myself.

I could use another example. in fantasy buildings it doesn't really matter if a architect looks at it and says it would fall apart as long as it looks plausible to a layman.

Meaning Less

Engaged Member
Sep 13, 2016
im not advocating for a tail that is 100% anatomically correct. thats not my point. my point is that it should not look completely wrong at a first glance to someone with very limited anatomical knowledge like myself.
Nah you are just too deep into human anatomy, you just need to suspend your disbelief afterall tails are not real. And the humanoids that have it in fantasy could very well just have a completely different anatomy so all examples could be valid...

It is like a gun enthusiast that can't enjoy a movie because someone took 7 shoots instead of 6 on a specific gun but completely ignore the fact that it could be a modified weapon or that maybe in that universe those weapons have 7 shots, not everything takes place in our reality.

baloneysammich

Jun 3, 2017
how could it be a bad starting point for a tail when it's a vestigial tail ? its just that its very small and curved in a way so that we can sit on it. its a tail.
I just meant you obviously wouldn't use the coccyx as the attachment point for an exposed tail on a human.

We both seem to agree that somewhere just above the butt crack (L5-S1) is the appropriate place, it's just the right image in OP doesn't seem as far off that mark to me as it does to you. Whereas the left image makes me WTF.