4.70 star(s) 3 Votes

cbpete

Dec 8, 2020
As opposed to NTR or harem play, the characters are written more as equally interested in each other or maybe forming a triad, which is pretty refreshingly unique.

Reactions: James Eveleth

ploper26

Mar 15, 2019
I really love the whole vibe you're going for in this game. Still a bit sad that we didn't get to know Amber.

Testerguy19

Nov 11, 2018
Wow, it's been a golly good year since this game dropped (as a demo only)--I found this out literally on Twitter through some good artist's thread/some kinda retweet. As per the response above, finding an artist definitely takes time. I would either say this game comes out in continued development at the end of the year or 2022/2023 onwards.

mintdang5566

Aug 6, 2017
Wow, it's been a golly good year since this game dropped (as a demo only)--I found this out literally on Twitter through some good artist's thread/some kinda retweet. As per the response above, finding an artist definitely takes time. I would either say this game comes out in continued development at the end of the year or 2022/2023 onwards.
Looks like they found a new artist

Reactions: Testerguy19

somebodynobody

Engaged Member
May 11, 2017
Campaign finished! Complex Relations is fully funded!

DesertopaCollaborator
January 16, 2022

Thank you so much for your support everyone! When we started up this campaign, we were worried that we were coming in at a bad time for a successful launch, but we hoped that the game would find an audience enthusiastic enough to overcome the obstacles to its campaign.
Since launch, I've discovered even more things we should have done differently if we wanted to maximize our reach, things we should have done if we'd have more flexibility to choose the timing of our campaign. But despite that, we've exceeded the expectations I had even when we were scheduled for a more advantageous time of launch. It's been a huge thrill to see the game reach so many people, and reach a level of funding which should allow us to achieve a full release without any compromises on scope or quality of the game.
We'll be sending out backer surveys soon. The lack of physical rewards means there's not a lot on them- most of the content is going to be delivered digitally on full release. That's a load off my shoulders, since right now, I'm really looking forward to getting back into the swing of development for the game. Feel free to follow along with our progress via our Kickstarter updates, or get more frequent info on our . You'll be hearing more from us soon!

JayneDoe

Sep 8, 2018
Did someone find a roadmap or something. I think I checked everywhere but I couldn't really find any "we aim to release at..." note.

JayneDoe

Sep 8, 2018
I noticed, that the devs publish monthly on their kickstarter page in the "update" section around mid month.

Last update: 06-16-2022 / 16.06.2022

So technically not abandoned.

Last edited:

Testerguy19

Nov 11, 2018
I should mention the Steam page says its release would be in Spring 2023...so I guess I'll take that as a good sign since both releases here and there can be in cojunction

Reactions: kcj300

JayneDoe

Sep 8, 2018
I hope it is ok to drop the updatenews, since it is free on kickstarter. If not please PM me and I take it down!

July 2022 update

16. Juli 2022
So, we're into the "actual character routes" portion of the game right now. Not very far into it yet, admittedly, but it's nice to be able to say decisively that we're actually there.
Unfortunately, I'm going to be away from home for most of the coming month, which limits the amount of time I'll be able to spend working on the script in that time. Development will still be progressing, but somewhat slower than usual.

f0b37917d45320b55e7ce5329fc64adf_original.png

This upcoming period is going to be focusing more on catchup, mostly implementing graphics in scenes that are occupied by placeholders in the current version of the game. Some of Complex Relations' CGs have a lot of moving parts, which makes them extremely time-consuming to implement. So even if the script doesn't progress as much as usual over the coming month, it should still come out of it looking significantly closer to the final state of the game.
In the meantime, I'm also looking around for more artists to include in the artbook, and I'd be interested in taking suggestions from backers. Much more than well-known and established artists, I'm especially interested in finding underrecognized artists to feature. If there's anyone you think deserves more exposure, who might be interested in contributing to the artbook, let me know and I'll be sure to check them out!

JayneDoe

Sep 8, 2018
August 2022 update

16. August 2022
Progress over the last month has been slower than I would have liked. It's mostly expected delays, which I said were coming in the last update, but even so, it's been unsatisfying having much less new content to look back on than I have in previous months. Aside from the delays on my end, ArcticFox, one of the main character artists, has been quite sick over the last month, which has meant some delay to the development of new art for the game.

There's still some positive news to be had though. I've added quite a bit of new sprite work into the game, which has been quite fun to make use of. Complex Relations' sprite work was already very modular by the time of the demo release, but the full game offers a lot more opportunity to take advantage of that. Some of the sprite content you'll see in the full game was developed after the demo, but some of it was actually always in the game's image files in preparation of when it was actually going to be needed.

d2bb639adf493f9b7f0e990449d0cb9e_original.png
In any case, I'm finally back to having the time to pick up working on CR at the usual pace again. There's a whole lot of content coming up that I'm really looking forward to working on.

4.70 star(s) 3 Votes