Concept for an AI powered game

sillygoose7

Mar 29, 2019
I've had an idea for an AI driven game. I know AI is still in its infancy and it's maybe not advanced enough for this, but I'm just curious on whether this kind of thing has been implemented or thought about. Or maybe I've been living under a rock.

The UI of the game would be a smartphone, the concept would revolve around texting one or multiple people of your choosing after inputting certain parameters like their gender, age, hair color, skin color, personality, etc. You could also set the scene by choosing their occupations, phase of life, etc. The idea would revolve around building a relationship with said person or people based on all of that, and all interactions would be AI driven based on their personality types.

With the right coding and a computer that's powerful enough, you could then ask the recipient(s) to send you selfies, nudes, underwear pics, pictures of their office or school, etc. after you build a significant enough relationship with them. When you ask them to send a pic, it would generate an image through AI based on the input parameters of skin color, hair color, etc. It could be as tame or as NSFW as the AI can generate. You could leave it at forming a close friendship with a few college friends, or you could have a harem of people that are all tailored perfectly to your tastes based on the parameters you chose for them.

Maybe you ask the girl you're talking to for a picture of her mom. She sends it, you like it, then ask her to give you her mom's number, and bam, there's another contact in your phone.

Has anything like this been thought of or created before?

EvolutionKills

Jan 3, 2021
You just mostly described Replika app, but with extra steps, cause the actual app already exists.

Meaning Less

Engaged Member
Sep 13, 2016
I don't get the purpose of it, what would be the game part of this?

By the sounds of it you are just texting with AI and asking it to generate images for you...

EvolutionKills

Jan 3, 2021
Does it make NSFW images?
No. But it used a version of ChatGPT to emulate text, and was largely used for Erotic Role-Play. The point being that instead of being a game that simulates phone texting, Replika was an app on your phone that you interacted with through texting.

So your idea just adds layers between you and Replika, but then needs to offload image generation to yet another AI source. None of these 'AI' are general purpose. ChatGPT cannot generate images, and you cannot have a simulated conversation with Midjourney. One is built to predict speech patterns, the other to predict visual patterns. Probably why Replika used a 3D model avatar, because it could both be customized (and that customization could itself be monetized) and was consistent. Try feeding Midjourney the same text promt a dozen times, and you are going to get a dozen different images.

Also trying to offload all of this on AI now is going to require an always-on internet connection, because none of these AI generators can run on local hardware, they live inside dedicated server networks. Plus the raw images that AI spit out tend to be hot-garbage with no grasp of anatomy, mangled teeth and hands, stuff like that.

Last edited: