• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

VN - Ren'Py - Abandoned - Consort [v0.4] [8inchFloppyDisk]

1. 3.00 star(s)

Revolving Mania

The game is short, but, one thing I like is that there's a decent amount of choices, however, that has its downsides. There are right and wrong choices from what I've seen. If you act like a human being, i.e. not in the mood to talk to strangers because your fiancée just cheated on you then you miss out, although that could be nothing. You don't unlock any extra scenes, but the dialogue is very different. It would be best if you don't miss out on content because you're not the perfect human being.

There's also a big plot hole. One of the hotel staff accompanies you to your room and you get a chance to check out her boobs. I didn't so I was really confused when I got the choice to go to a strip club where I was supposedly invited by the staff girl. Later, I found out she only invites you if you check her out, but the game assumes you did anyway.

Now, that whole interaction I didn't like and I got really bad vibes from this game. There was a lot of humiliation towards the MC disguised as "teasing." The girl calls him old, pervert, etc. She also tricks him into a game that could potentially end up in something even more humiliating for the MC, but that's where the content ends. Either way, not really enjoying all the humiliation, plus this guy already got cucked so he doesn't really have any outstanding qualities and it's not fun to play from his point of view.

I'd usually give a much lower score for this kind of experience, but it's still early and the dev has chances to correct all of this. There's also NTR in this novel which I'm not a fan of, but the dev says this game is not NTR-focused and it seems to be that way given that it's only one scene and it's the first time you meet this girl, although not a great impression from her.

I'd say that if it continues in the same direction the game will not be fun. It gets old to be the butt of the joke all the time, plus the journey so far has been horrible. You're playing someone who's been through a shitty life so far and nothing good happens to him. It could get better if you get the chance to turn things around and have more agency without losing out on content because you made the choice that the dev considers to be wrong. If you're going to do that, then you might as well just make it a kinetic novel.
  2. 5.00 star(s)

m4pII

Great start. All aspects of the game (story, dialogues, music, staging, renders, atmosphere, etc.) are at the highest level.
    The dev has his own style and I hope that he will stick to it.

I wish the author more self-confidence. Stop listening to the loud whiners and just follow your vision.
  3. 5.00 star(s)

pougie

Truly excellent!
    I found this completely spellbinding to play through and there is a wonderful sense of mystery right from the start that continues to develop as the story progresses. All the characters are entirely believable and the artwork is excellent - I'm really looking forward to more instalments as Im totally hooked on the plot.