Ren'Py - Contact Seasons [v0.11] [ezh]

1. 2.00 star(s)

dewrules

The art and story are very nice.
    What happened to the girl route?
    I liked the game a lot, you get to explore the world as a young woman and meet and have fun with the characters, but now it's limited.
  2. 2.00 star(s)

perles75

The Gay Tag Review

This review is for Contact and not for its sequel Contact Seasons.

Gay needle: 100%. All the people in the game, except for the main character's granma, are young men.

The most frustrating thing of Contact is that it could have been a decent or even good game. The premise (the MC spends a summer week at her granma's village in the wilds and reconnects with old friends) is not the most original but it's ok.
    The graphics are not spectacular but cute and the sex scenes (animated) are again not particularly special or original but good enough.

The problem is the game itself, which is barely there. You can see that they had ideas at the beginning, but they were all left undeveloped, so you occasionally have announcements that you increased your 'festival preparation' score or your friendly score, but they have no impact whatsoever. The map has several locations but most are underused.
    The only real stat that counts is lust, which simply determines which sex scene you'll see (if any). And it resets at the beginning of every day, which turn out to be self-contained scenes unaffected by whatever you did before (except a brief scene at the end).

Basically, click on a location to follow the storyline linked to one person for that day (you have 4 options: a friend, another friend/ex-lover, a cousin that seems quite foreign to the whole thing so much that it feels like an afterthought addition, and a 4th route to fool around with both friends, although disappointingly there is no throuple ending) and that's it.
    The lack of connection between the days, of an actual development of the story or of the characters, and of any kind of stakes makes it for a very bland experience. Pity because, as I said, there was the material to make something a bit more interesting out of it.
  3. 5.00 star(s)

JopaVictora

The best REN'PY game i ever played! It has multiple choises of partners which is super cool! Honestly i've been seeking good games for a while and i can say for sure this game is the best one i have seen! (in my Top 3 for sure!) Also updates every month! Im literally in love with it
  4. 5.00 star(s)

bird_boy24

I am currently reviewing under version 0.7.0, so things might be different. For a newly developed game, I am happy the amount of little changes pertaining to each of your actions. All the characters have been done till day 4 and yet there is so many scenes to go back to see what you have missed.

As the game is still newly developed, I will wait and see where it goes. If it goes on such a steady pace, I do not mind donating to their patreon once more of the game content is out
  5. 5.00 star(s)

FartingRainbows

For [v0.6.2]
    Wow!.. I love this story... it's, very sexy :p
    I feel I've played all the paths, so how I missed the scene in screenshot 4 stumps me ... and didn't see a starting path to get Chris - I got Chris when I finished game at start of day 5 / end of game.
    All I can say is, this is a very twisty game that of course needs several playthroughs to see everything - which of course there will be several walkthroughs made for each possible route.
    I noticed on the first chance to 'masturbate', my Lust went from 50% to 0%, so I scrolled back, saved game, and chose not to wank which helped with the Conner route. I then later, reload from save, was on the Chris (bonus) route (from end of game selection), chose to wank and surprised I got an anal-sex scene at the watering hole.
    This game is full of surprises no matter what I do :D
    About the only time I found a negative is when I asked Daniel about his 'muscles', he got embarrassed which skipped the blowjob on the porch scene, but it didn't matter, I had already seen it in a previous playthru :)
    Fantastic job on this. Keep up the marvellous work. For a gay game, this already stands out from all the rest. 4/5 stars.
    About the true negative is, the translation of the Russian dialog to English - there was just one scene I saw it has 2 Russian words. - Half of the game's dialog is translated ok, the other half sounds gibberish; which I admit to skipping without reading because it made no sense.
    Edit: Even though I gave this a 4/5 stars in the thread, I feel this will only get better with time, hence the extra star. It's very hard for me to give a 5/5 rating, but due to the lovely story and the very 'cutesy' looks, it's already above the rest of all the gaymes in F95. This is definitely one to keep bookmarked for future updates :)
  6. 4.00 star(s)

deathlymad

This is very early stages, there isn't a lot to do, but there's a ton of potential here. I think the character models are super cute, as is the UI. I like playing as a cute, twinky boy - I only hope there are more than two love interests. The English translation is also a bit rough so far - And there was one line that didn't translate and stayed in Russian. All in all, I'm excited to see where this goes.
  7. 4.00 star(s)

Anerion

There is much work to do, but for a first release it's good. Characters are sexy and the protagonist is not an imbecill, that is something rare for a game. I think that, with time and support, the game will become amazing