• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

Controls not working for multiple games.

stol12

Jun 3, 2017
Hi everybody!

So, for some games, when i launch them i can't get past the main menu because the controls go berserk.
The selection just keeps hopping all over the menu, like some of the buttons on my keyboard got stuck.

So far it happened only on the games still in development, so i thought it's just a bug that will get fixed with later updates, but just today i wanted to re-play Alien Quest EVE, a game that i already played and finished a few years ago on the same PC.

Has anyone else came across this issue and knows how to fix it?

anne O'nymous

I'm not grumpy, I'm just coded that way.
Modder
Respected User
Donor
Jun 10, 2017
So, for some games, when i launch them i can't get past the main menu because the controls go berserk.
The selection just keeps hopping all over the menu, like some of the buttons on my keyboard got stuck.
Move whatever is pressing against you gamepad or, better, unplug your gamepad.

Penumbral Evanescence

|☽◯☾| Somnium of the Night ✧ Bête Noire
Donor
Jul 16, 2021
Hi everybody!

So far it happened only on the games still in development, so i thought it's just a bug that will get fixed with later updates, but just today i wanted to re-play Alien Quest EVE, a game that i already played and finished a few years ago on the same PC.

Has anyone else came across this issue and knows how to fix it?
Did you try rebooting your device/workstation? Does your keyboard have all of the recent driver updates? You can hit Windows + X to pull up the device manager to see if your keyboard drivers are all up to date or not.

1704823067848.png

If that doesn't work, just try another keyboard port if its a wired device. Or just replace the keyboard all-together if you have another spare lying around and see if the problem persists. If it doesn't, then its likely a keyboard/endpoint issue. Or if it still persists despite a change in hardware then its probably an OS issue.