Daz Convert .Obj or .Fbx to clothes in Daz

Blaaaa..

Jul 20, 2021
Hello.

Recently I bought this:

It was in the category of "Daz Studio 4.15 - 4.16", but comes in .Obj or .fbx format.

My question is:
How can I turn this into Daz clothes?.

If it could be to ask for as detailed as possible, I am very NOOB in Daz, and even more so if I have to use blender or unity, etc., which I have never used.

MissFortune

I Was Once, Possibly, Maybe, Perhaps… A Harem King
Respected User
Game Developer
Aug 17, 2019
Jay simplifies it pretty well in a number of videos: .

That being said, you did notice the "Marvelous Designer" in the title of the asset, right? The only reason it was brought up with Daz is because they imported the figure (effectively) into Marvelous Designer and tailored the asset to the shape of the Base Genesis 8 Figure. It's probably not going to be very useable in Daz without following a similar process to the video above. And that's really just the start of it. Unless it's for just a single one-off render, you'll probably need to weight map and dForce some of the assets (the scarf, the coat, etc.). But either way, you're going to need to get your hands on Marvelous Designer.

Evcas

Aug 29, 2019
Did you have any luck? You might not need MD. An .OBJ file is usually what I export from MD and then import into DAZ. If it was made in MD on an A-pose G8 model, try loading a base G8 in DAZ and then File -> Import the .OBJ clothing item. If it looks like it fits on the base G8 model, do an Edit->Transfer Utility and select the G8 model in the left pulldwn and the piece of clothing in the right pulldown. Select "full body", and check the box to add a smoothing modifier. If you can bend the torso and the legs and the clothing moves too, the transfer worked. Do a File Save As Figure/Prop asset and save it in your DAZ content (probably somewhere in People / Genesis 8 / Clothing - but wherever you want it.)