Converting a fallout 4 mod assets for daz studio, hints?

Dec 16, 2019
I want to have some Sisters of Battle armor from 40k for an idea I have and the best Sister armor model I've found just floating around is for Fallout 4, . I've imported and fit a few pieces of the armor in Daz, but I've got the feeling that the gloves are going to be a nightmare. I may have to cut them up and refit them in Blender which sounds like an awful task to me. However, If there exists a morph of a genesis model that already matches the model from fallout I can fit the armor to the morph, and that'll be that. At least I think that's how it would work.

So, does anyone know about such a morph or does anyone have a better idea for fitting this glove?

Reactions: The Japanese
Dec 16, 2019
As expected, fitting the glove didn't put the bones into the glove's fingers. I just attached them to the model's forearm twist and made the hands and fingers invisible. I'm doing this over remote desktop from my phone so I'm leaving some fiddly bits alone but it works, more or less. I suppose if I need to get a close up on hands I can swap in a medieval gauntlet or something.

I will fix the things that don't line up and retexture everything eventually.

Dec 16, 2019
I have no idea if anyone cares, but if you're ever trying to do a similar thing. Most thing will probably work better split into left and right side. armor wip iii comment.png

The thing marked what daz's transfer utility invented. I'll see what happens if both legs are transferred independently. The shoulder pad things also suffer from being one piece. I wanted to keep them rigid so it's an following object but I would would definitely look better if they could move without also moving the other hemisphere. While speak of rigid, the knee piece needs to be cut out and become an object so they don't stretch like this. On the bright side, everything fit right onto a model with a very different shape than default genesis 8.

WolvenLover

Jul 22, 2022
Sorry for digging this up, but I've searched far and wide for SoB armour for D|S. All things considering, this seems rather good! Would you consider sharing your work?

Dec 16, 2019
Sorry for digging this up, but I've searched far and wide for SoB armour for D|S. All things considering, this seems rather good! Would you consider sharing your work?
The problem with the fallout armor was it was so thick it was impossible to do anything without it clipping into itself absurdly. I've taken bits of the fallout armor and have done some severe kitbashing. Mostly using something called Orleans Armor.

The hardest part was stretching the fleurs from the fallone one's boob plate seamlessly over the orlean's armor. For stuff that shouldn't stretch, they are objects attached to ridged follow nodes. in the hall 2.jpg

Here two drill abbesses follow the proctor canoness down the halls of their schola progenium.

Dec 16, 2019
Hi! Nice job. I was looking at how to import Fallout stuff into Daz and stumbled upon your post. I was, in fact, thinking about something simpler than you did: just import some items (props and architecture) to create some scenery. How can I do that?
There is a nif file importer for blender. From there I exported obj files that daz can read.