Jan 7, 2021
Dammit, another game that goes from 0.9x to 0.10. Version numbers before a 1.0 release are supposed to be an indication of how close to complete the game is. 0.95 means it's 95% done, 0.10 means it's 10% done, 0.10.0 means you have no idea and no plan. I've been holding off on playing more of this game since I thought it was close to being finished. Turns out I have no idea how close it is to being finished because the version number is meaningless.
What gave you the misconception that there was any "plan"? There hasn't been any significant millstones that Arc has boasted about or a roadmap with goals for the future.

This just increments every week. Stop praying to the alter of 1.0 and learn to appreciate the changelog or check out the patreon to see if they are about to celebrate the final release. Here's a hint, if the milking machines are still humming then it's got plenty of milking left to do!

Forgotted

Sep 1, 2020
Dang,
Why on earth would it be any of your business what the developer labels their versions? If it bothers you that much, maybe you should contact the game developer in private rather than on a public forum like this?
No offense intended

Reactions: ChaosJokerX

smackdab

Jan 30, 2018
Dammit, another game that goes from 0.9x to 0.10. Version numbers before a 1.0 release are supposed to be an indication of how close to complete the game is. 0.95 means it's 95% done, 0.10 means it's 10% done, 0.10.0 means you have no idea and no plan. I've been holding off on playing more of this game since I thought it was close to being finished. Turns out I have no idea how close it is to being finished because the version number is meaningless.
You obviously have no idea how semantic numbering (software versioning) works - please educate yourself before spouting nonsense.

Arc Games is obviously missing something as well, but neither of you are getting it right.

Digitaler

May 4, 2017
Last time i played 0.8.4 and now 0.10 and i can't find my save files, what happened with them?
Most probably cause game cant read files stored on the disk C in the appdata folder,if you want to load your files-go to Disk C/Users/Usernamehere/Appdata/Roaming/RenPy and find corruptedkingdoms archive,after that copy your files from there and paste it into the game's folder- CK folder/game/saves (might need to start game once to create "saves" folder)

Reactions: Nagash477
Jan 7, 2021
Last time i played 0.8.4 and now 0.10 and i can't find my save files, what happened with them?
If you are on Android and didn't back up your saves before you uninstalled they went bye bye.

The general advice for Android Users
Ren'py and Android sometimes don't play well together. The following steps should fix the problem:

1. Backup the existing game files using File Manager or similar.
2. Delete CK completely from your phone.
3. Download and install the new CK update
4. Move the save files from your backed-up copy into the new CK folder (Remember the "persistent" file if you want to keep your gallery unlocks)
5. Play!

NOTE: If you're running Android 11+ then Google has hidden your data folder. To access it you need to connect your phone to your PC with a USB cable or use an app like X-Plore to give you access to the folder again.

Your saves are located at:
Android/data/com.domain.corruptedkingdoms/saves

Also, bear in mind that the way Android works you usually need between two to three times as much storage space as the game requires to install it, so if the above doesn't work it may be a storage issue!

Hope that helps :)

MonstrousReaper

Feb 7, 2020
So after seeing that this version is a 0.10, can I assume that this game is nowhere near completion? Or that this is just a test of the final product to make sure there are little to no bugs and in another week the completed work will be posted?

• Thinking Face
Reactions: masterdragonson

masterdragonson

Engaged Member
Jan 30, 2018
So after seeing that this version is a 0.10, can I assume that this game is nowhere near completion? Or that this is just a test of the final product to make sure there are little to no bugs and in another week the completed work will be posted?
For those with the hopes and dreams of the fabled 1.0...

Arc said there is going to be an Act III. So for those actually paying attention to the story will probably have figured out that we are nowhere near there yet. Unlike Act I there hasn't been any indication that we are at the transition point.

For a little extra frosting Arc has also teased he has ideas for CK 2 and CK 3 since this is a franchise now apparently.

Reactions: ChaosJokerX

xZecretX

Jun 6, 2017
Except you are just wrong, or at least partially.

It is true that some developers use the versions as an indicator to how close the game is to the completed state, or at least the initial full version, which you point out as percentages. Although rarely would any dev put a new digit behind the secondary number and instead add a tertiary number.
But what you overlook is that many devs don't abide to that type of versioning, it is not set in stone how you have to name the versions, that is up to the individual dev to decide. But most agree obviously that 1.0 should be a mark for a full game (at least initial, updates are still possible afterwards).
So whenever you see 0.x that doesn't mean that it has to be an indicator to how close it has to be to 1.0. I don't think many actually put an additional zero in there just to make it 0.0x when the secondary number is below 10. Just as an example (although non-h-game), Factorio went up to 0.18 before they made it to 1.0.
The bizarre thing with versions is also that it could be called completely different, some might just use dates for the updates while other give them full names.

So to sum it up, don't assume the version always indicates how close a game is to the finished state, or at least the initial full version.

Edit: Also, the version number is not meaningless. A version number is there to differentiate the different versions of the game, which is why it is called version number.

Last edited:

Nagash477

Dec 14, 2019
Most probably cause game cant read files stored on the disk C in the appdata folder,if you want to load your files-go to Disk C/Users/Usernamehere/Appdata/Roaming/RenPy and find corruptedkingdoms archive,after that copy your files from there and paste it into the game's folder- CK folder/game/saves (might need to start game once to create "saves" folder)
Thx it worked

Reactions: Xtmr61

masterdragonson

Engaged Member
Jan 30, 2018
So whenever you see 0.x that doesn't mean that it has to be an indicator to how close it has to be to 1.0.
I would still like to point out Google Chrome is version 90.0.4430.212 because it's not like professional companies would go beyond 1.0 :LOL: Ah these version debates are always fun...

For those that are wondering what features are on the table here is an old list which is still pretty relevant
https://f95zone.to/threads/corrupted-kingdoms-v0-10-0-arcgames.31912/post-4243698

• Hey there
Reactions: CursedFlame91

Zeyla

Mar 1, 2018
I'm stuck on Veronica and Madison quest, it says I need to read the disk on my laptop, but there is no option when I got on the laptop I can only change the background or use cheats. Is this a bug? Can someone help me? :(

EDIT: never mind my game somehow completely broke, I simply downloaded the latest version, (did not play since 9.0) And now it acts like I own the school and everything, students call me headmaster, did not buy school, and did not finish the events with Madison, but can't do them, cause the scripts thinks I did -.-
This kinda pisses me off, have to restart the entire game? >_<

Last edited:
4.40 star(s) 228 Votes