Reonoss

Dec 24, 2022
(BACK IT UP FIRST THIS IS NOT STABLE) TO FIX THE ERROR YOU GET WHEN YOU FIGHT THE PRACTICE GUYS, OR ANY GUY: YOU HAVE TO OPEN THE "dragdrop.py" FILE, THEN DELETE ANY AND ALL "IF ELSE" STATEMENTS THAT CONTAIN THE WORD "SNAPPING". THE ENTIRETY OF THE IF FUNCTIONS THAT CONTAIN IT. (BACK IT UP FIRST THIS IS NOT STABLE)

vilewe7570

Oct 5, 2021
game just open then closes... anybody else running into this issue?
Try explaining your situation a bit better
  1. What platform are you using? Windows?
  2. Running the latest version of the game?
  3. Are you running it on a potato?
  4. Did you try extracting the game to a different location? Such as C:\My Games\
    There is a depth limit when Windows starts to get screwy, it gets fussy if you put it in protected locations, special characters in the path could make windows retarded, and if you just been dumping on top of previous versions some internals could be jacked so try a clean install.
  5. Any logs that might help? Next to the game exe are sometimes log.txt and/or traceback.txt
  6. Check if your AntiVirus scanner didn't mess with it. Sometimes machine learning !ml doesn't like Ren'Py games.
  7. for older systems Angle2: DirectX 9 or DirectX 11.
    1. Hold down Shift while starting Ren'Py, or press Shift+G once Ren'Py has started.
    2. From the "Graphics Acceleration" menu that appears, choose the renderer to use.
    3. Choose "Quit", then restart Ren'Py.
  8. ArcGames apparently has been changing older code without testing it so perhaps report the bug on one of his official channels as he don't come by here no more
    - -

Last edited:

bumclaster

Aug 9, 2024
Try explaining your situation a bit better
  1. What platform are you using? Windows?
  2. Running the latest version of the game?
  3. Are you running it on a potato?
  4. Did you try extracting the game to a different location? Such as C:\My Games\
    There is a depth limit when Windows starts to get screwy, it gets fussy if you put it in protected locations, special characters in the path could make windows retarded, and if you just been dumping on top of previous versions some internals could be jacked so try a clean install.
  5. Any logs that might help? Next to the game exe are sometimes log.txt and/or traceback.txt
  6. Check if your AntiVirus scanner didn't mess with it. Sometimes machine learning !ml doesn't like Ren'Py games.
  7. for older systems Angle2: DirectX 9 or DirectX 11.
    1. Hold down Shift while starting Ren'Py, or press Shift+G once Ren'Py has started.
    2. From the "Graphics Acceleration" menu that appears, choose the renderer to use.
    3. Choose "Quit", then restart Ren'Py.
  8. ArcGames apparently has been changing older code without testing it so perhaps report the bug on one of his official channels as he don't come by here no more
    - -

1. Windows
2. I am, just downloaded today for the first time
3. no potato, 4090 with all parts up to date. Opened the first time but hasn't opened since. Got my pc last summer.
4. I'll try opening it on my os drive, been opening it on my E: drive
5. attached file is the log file located within the folder
6. Not sure how to go about this one. I have fortect but i closed it. Microsoft Windows Security is active but I don't believe it's flagged the game. Not sure how to check.
7. It's a newer system I hope i hopefully shouldn't run into any issues of that sort.
8. I'll check out the discord, but I have nothing to report as I'm not sure WHY it's crashing. Hopefully you the logs can provide some sort of insight?

• Thinking Face
Reactions: vilewe7570

vilewe7570

Oct 5, 2021
1. Windows
2. I am, just downloaded today for the first time
3. no potato, 4090 with all parts up to date. Opened the first time but hasn't opened since. Got my pc last summer.
4. I'll try opening it on my os drive, been opening it on my E: drive
5. attached file is the log file located within the folder
6. Not sure how to go about this one. I have fortect but i closed it. Microsoft Windows Security is active but I don't believe it's flagged the game. Not sure how to check.
7. It's a newer system I hope i hopefully shouldn't run into any issues of that sort.
8. I'll check out the discord, but I have nothing to report as I'm not sure WHY it's crashing. Hopefully you the logs can provide some sort of insight?
Shouldn't matter but Your controller is on a blocklist so try unplugging it.
Code:
controller: '030000006d0400000000000000007200' '(Razer Xbox 360 Controller)' 1
Controller found in blocklist, not using.
changed the title Razer Tartaru causes Ren'Py launcher & built games crash upon startup. Razer Tartarus causes Ren'Py launcher & built games crash upon startup.

4.40 star(s) 237 Votes