VN - Ren'Py - Abandoned - Corrupted Life [v0.01] [AcroLust]

1. 2.00 star(s)

botc76

I can't honestly say anything positive about this game.
    It just encompasses EVERYTHING you will find in the most common, most tropey VN you can find here or elsewhere.

1. A completely unoriginal story? Check! Dad dies, son gets to meet estranged mother.
    2. Of course, it is an incest game.
    3. Totally vapid, unlikeable and unremarkable characters? Check!
    The young guy looking like a douchebag is here, as is the way too young looking milf.
    4. The pacing is never right, the story either goes too fast or too slow.
    5. The dialogue is not only riddled with errors, it is also terribly unnatural, and no one would be caught talking anyway like it in real life.
    6. And of course the game is full of bad grammar, wrong words, wrong tenses being used, or the tenses are at least being built wrong.
    7. Naturally the renders are also nothing special, at best average,

I understand that many people will find this too harsh, considering that this is the devs first game, and we are still right at the start, but the problem is, you can see whether someone has a talent for this from the start.

I can't name any of the successful devs and games here, because it is against the review rules, but you know who I am talking about, and you know that no 0.1 or 0.2 from those guys was anything like this.

There is just really nothing redeeming about this game. No aspect that stands out in a positive way at all.
    The best parts of this VN are average, and most of it is below average.

Frankly, I see no way how this could be successful, and I see no way we would need another of this cookie cutter, standard incest VNs, that in no way distinguishes itself from the dozens if not hundreds of games with a similar premise. Even playing just the bit that is there by now, proved to be really frustrating.

I give this game a hard pass and there is nothing prompting me to go back a few versions further in, as it is in no way promising either.
    Man, I do feel bad for the dev due to my harsh words, and by all means, if your heart is into making a VN, just continue to do so and completely disregard my review, it is nothing but my personal opinion after all.
    I mean, not five minutes in and it already had a no option choice we needlessly needed to click.
  2. 4.00 star(s)

JustPena

the game though short has a decent plot and story line as of the moment. the characters are unique and a breath of fresh air. it is definitely a game to keep an eye on. also the dev is really active and polite.
  3. 4.00 star(s)

weretiger

Let us start with the good things first: new faces, the renders and images are not perfect but nice, the storyline is mostly okay. What I do not like: nearly no choices, the game is more like a boring kinetic novel this is a big minus so far, I didn´t got why the barrista in the cofeshop gave the MC a blowjob only because he helped her a little bit, this part of the story is too much in my eyes. Anyway the game does have potential to become a good game, keep on working on it. The game so far is short and more like a teaser. Hope to see more content in the next update...