Jan 10, 2018
Morality Break: aligg uses "Encourage Smut" :p

Or is that more of a downtime action the site admins harvest EE from?
Innocence Break, I'd say, since it will encourage more extreme behavior in the future.

You can change your username in the profile settings under "Account details". FYI
Really? *goes to check*

You know, I think this is the first forum I've been on that allows that... Now if only I didn't need to remember my password in order to change it. Still, good to know that sometime soon I'll be something that people can actually pronounce. Thank you, I don't think I'd have noticed if you hadn't mentioned it!

Pretentious Goblin

Conversation Conqueror
Nov 3, 2017
With regards to the Day 30 blackmail scene, how does the game choose the first and second Chosen? I'd like to avoid any sex scenes for my designated uncorrupted Chosen. If she's in it but doesn't have to take part, that works too.

Last edited:

HSHS1111

Feb 8, 2019
So going from the the team/game I posted the epic day 10 battle earlier I pushed through to day 31. Ended with 240 EE with Empathy and Antipathy still left to buy. Here's the team, thoroughly broken:

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

I'm guessing 9.22E is the maximum value since it wouldn't go higher than that. Only Freedom is not hitting that cap. But to be honest I wasn't even remembering to max it out in the end. And with another 25 turns to go until the final battle is supposed to happen I think I'm in pretty good shape.

On my way there I squeezed 36 EE out of that glorious day 10 and exploded forward from there. Going from a single 3 turn commander one day to a 4 turn, 2 capture, defiler the next. Things progressed rapidly. I wanted to leave some friendships in there this time so I went to push PAIN across the board. The plan was to get Confidence to break first since the trauma requirements escalate for each subsequent vulnerability.
Turned out it didn't really matter as right after I trigger an epic orgy which already pushed Fortunes and Vanillas traumas to the max. Iirc this was still before the day 15 interview. I definitely broke the confidence before but I'm not 100% sure about the orgy.
Afterwards it slowed down considerably. With all the final actions available to every chosen my effectiveness was significantly reduced. I got the Drain effectiveness to 1000% on everyone on day 24. Some others were already above 1000% and some slightly lower at ~900%. So I went for 4 triple total vulnerability breaks in succession. Confidence first as that was the initial goal. Dignity was maxed out on everyone so that one next. Morality had one of them on 980% but getting a single Slaughter in before the capture was easy enough. Unfortunately Fortune only had 940% on Innocence and while I did go up to 1000%, by that time the Slaughter levels were so high that she instantly detonated upon capture thus not triggering the break. Too bad. She fell a turn later.

I didn't really optimize past day 16 though. Looking back it would probably be better not to push every trauma on everyone thus limiting their actions. Leaving at least one unable to Detonate means you'll need to pay for 4 captures to get 3 instead of paying for 5. Slaughter greatly reduces your surrounds. These 2 feel significantly stronger than Fantasize and Striptease!

While I haven't tested it it looks like it should be possible to limit unresolved FEAR so they'll never use Slaughter. Keep one from Detonating to still get relatively cheap 3 captures (You're only on a 45 EE income at this point, 20 for the 5th capture is a lot). Drive up SHAM and DISG. Then in the battles keep them surrounded/captured as much as possible in the beginning and drive up trauma for openings. Then finally at 100% Extermination run 3 long single surrounds, giving the other 2 free chosen as much time to Fantasize and Strip as possible.

It feels like one of the actions should increase their defense although I'm not sure how that would feel thematically. Lowering openings would also work although from my understanding reducing trauma mid battle isn't a thing that's supposed to happen.

The other big question-mark with this strategy is if this tactic delays the final Morality Break for too long. Since you'll only be unlocking Slaughter earliest when each chosen has had a Total Vulnerability Break. Also If you want to do Major before Minor breaks you might need to unlock Slaughter on the one with Major Morality. Unless she's the one with a second Major I guess. You can still break her Significant Vulnerability to get the EE increase though.

I also ran into a more severe bug: During one of the final Total Vuln Break battles when I went to Examine one heroine It just printed the first 2 line and then stopped and "froze". The buttons at the bottom not doing anything anymore. Had to cloase the game and reload a save.
This had been late in the fight with lots of examining to see if the vulnerability was at 1000% yet. Is it possible there's a kind of character/line limit of the "console" I might have hit? Just a guess. Could be something totally different. It did not happen again so far.

CSdev

Game Developer
Oct 14, 2020
This is my first post on this board after having lurked for ages. I just wanted to let you know that I think this project is incredibly cool. When it comes to games, even games about magical girls and despair (and dickings), complex underlying systems and emergent stories are far more interesting than all the 2d tits in the world. Shine on.

and now back into the shadows i gooooooooo
As someone who also almost exclusively lurks (except in cases like this where I'm practically required to participate), I respect the significance of emerging to make a post. And I appreciate the encouragement.
Ran into a small bug. From the text of an orgy started through sodomize:

"Vanilla struggles with all her strength, giving pause to the Thralls spreading her legs in order to film her crotch, shouting threats that devolve into pitiful squeals as one of the Thralls forces himself further and further up her ass. She screams as another Thrall penetrates her pussy, vainly calling him names and trying to push him away. At the sight of Fortune breaking under her own rape, Vanilla challenges the Thralls to come after her ic.himHer()taking some of the pressure off her friend."

Looks like some function that's supposed to fetch text isn't called.
Found another spelling error. This time only a space is missing.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Thanks for catching these. They should be fixed in the next version.
With regards to the Day 30 blackmail scene, how does the game choose the first and second Chosen? I'd like to avoid any sex scenes for my designated uncorrupted Chosen. If she's in it but doesn't have to take part, that works too.
All three of the Day 30 scenes happen between a Chosen with a given core vulnerability and the Chosen with the corresponding significant vulnerability (it does things this way in order to share the spotlight as evenly as possible). The blackmail scene focuses on the Chosen with dignity as a core, unless that one was the focus of the previous scene (which always focuses on the Chosen with confidence as a core), in which case the blackmail scene focuses on the Chosen with morality as a core.

However, note that the response of the Chosen in the scene depends on how corrupted they are. Those with broken dignity will give in to the threat because they know the public will believe the worst of them, and those with broken morality will give in to the threat because sex isn't a big deal to them anymore. But those with intact morality and dignity will refuse to be blackmailed and won't participate in the sex scene.

Reactions: Pretentious Goblin

Koilith

Jan 13, 2021
In regards to the tier 2 and 3 breaks between core and minor vulnerabilities, what are the primary factors in whether the post-battle scene drives chosen apart or brings them together?

Does accumulated trauma play any role or is it more dependent on the chosen's personality?

I've been trying to make the chosen bitter enemies, but when a chosen with a broken core vulnerability attacks their minor counterpart, the victim ends up bonding to the aggressor either because they respect strength, are too forgiving, etc. I can only get them to rival thus far, no pre-broken vulnerabilities.

Should I be breaking the tier 2 or 3 before accumulating too much trauma?
Or do I just have bad personality matchups?
Does the sex of the aggressor affect the relationship, or only the method?

(I've tried with these so far and no luck - they just won't hate one another)
[targeted morality]
[M cor/I min/C cor/D sig vs M min/I sig/C sig/D cor]
[targeted confidence]
[M min/I sig/C cor/D sig vs M sig/I cor/C min/D min]
[targeted morality]
[M cor/I cor/C min/D sig vs M min/I min/C sig/D cor]

It's a great game - a huge amount of experimentation (not just multiple linear paths) is something I wish more games could pull off without falling victim to shallow feature creep!

Last edited:

Pretentious Goblin

Conversation Conqueror
Nov 3, 2017
I appreciate that the game has the tools to allow you to only break the vulnerabilities you want and have your own corruption arc. I normally have no use for suppressors, but they're a must for runs where I've decided I won't break a vunerability type on anyone (which means I'm locked out of half of the basic surround actions for most of each fight). Speaking of which, do T1 breaks (e.g. "use Grind or Pummel") change any of the scenes/interactions besides the obvious downtime scenes and combat actions?

In regards to the tier 2 and 3 breaks between core and minor vulnerabilities, what are the primary factors in whether the post-battle scene drives chosen apart or brings them together?
AFAIK if you break the core vulnerability first, the post-battle scene will always harm their relationship. If you break the minor first, it doesn't trigger a post-battle scene right away, but when you break the core after that, it will be a positive interaction. If you want to make them enemies, always break the core first. If you break a T3 Core vulnerability (the ones that require trauma) before you break the same T3 Minor vulnerability, and they're already rivals, that should result in a scene that gives you 50-60 EE and make them bitter enemies. If the minor vulnerability is still at t2, the scene should be enough to break it and I think give you even more EE.

Last edited:

Pretentious Goblin

Conversation Conqueror
Nov 3, 2017
I've encountered a bug. The commander capture duration is shortened by 3-4 turns and a turn after, the Chosen is recaptured (which consumes another capture). No Detonate, she doesn't even have it. I've moved on, but if I encounter it again, I'll attach the save.

CSdev

Game Developer
Oct 14, 2020

Does accumulated trauma play any role or is it more dependent on the chosen's personality?

I've been trying to make the chosen bitter enemies, but when a chosen with a broken core vulnerability attacks their minor counterpart, the victim ends up bonding to the aggressor either because they respect strength, are too forgiving, etc. I can only get them to rival thus far, no pre-broken vulnerabilities.

Should I be breaking the tier 2 or 3 before accumulating too much trauma?
Or do I just have bad personality matchups?
Does the sex of the aggressor affect the relationship, or only the method?

(I've tried with these so far and no luck - they just won't hate one another)
[targeted morality]
[M cor/I min/C cor/D sig vs M min/I sig/C sig/D cor]
[targeted confidence]
[M min/I sig/C cor/D sig vs M sig/I cor/C min/D min]
[targeted morality]
[M cor/I cor/C min/D sig vs M min/I min/C sig/D cor]

It's a great game - a huge amount of experimentation (not just multiple linear paths) is something I wish more games could pull off without falling victim to shallow feature creep!
As was mentioned above, relationships progress when a core vulnerability is broken. The progression is positive when the Chosen with the corresponding minor vulnerability already has had it broken, and the progression is negative otherwise. It isn't affected by gender, trauma, or any other factors. There are no exceptions to this rule, but note that a negative relationship scene between friends can still look somewhat positive because it ends with (for example) one Chosen forgiving the other. I tried to make it clear in the last line of the narration of each scene whether the participants were growing closer together or further apart, even if that scene on its own isn't enough to flip their relationship between friendship and rivalry.

As for progressing from rivalry to bitter enmity, the only factor that matters there is whether there are enough possible relationship scenes remaining before the end of the game to flip the relationship. This means that if you manage to completely break every core vulnerability, all the Chosen will have either unbreakable friendship or bitter enmity with each other.
I appreciate that the game has the tools to allow you to only break the vulnerabilities you want and have your own corruption arc. I normally have no use for suppressors, but they're a must for runs where I've decided I won't break a vunerability type on anyone (which means I'm locked out of half of the basic surround actions for most of each fight). Speaking of which, do T1 breaks (e.g. "use Grind or Pummel") change any of the scenes/interactions besides the obvious downtime scenes and combat actions?
There are a few mentions of T1 breaks in the T3 break scenes which you might or might not have seen, but they're all pretty minor and just amount to acknowledging that the Chosen who's falling in those scenes is doing something especially unprecedented and heinous for them (which is rewarded by extra EE gain). I think that's all for now, but unbroken T1 vulnerabilities are going to become a lot more important once alternative corruption paths go in.
I've encountered a bug. The commander capture duration is shortened by 3-4 turns and a turn after, the Chosen is recaptured (which consumes another capture). No Detonate, she doesn't even have it. I've moved on, but if I encounter it again, I'll attach the save.
Thanks for the heads up. I wasn't able to track down what could be causing this bug, so more info would definitely be appreciated if you or someone else run into it again. Even if it isn't possible to attach a save where it can be reproduced, even a screenshot might help narrow down where exactly in the game's logic it's happening.
Can this work on Android by any chance
The game's programmed in Java, which apparently doesn't work on Android without some sort of emulation.

gguy123

Sep 30, 2018
The game's programmed in Java, which apparently doesn't work on Android without some sort of emulation.
Ok, I know you're the programmer of the game and its completely your decision on where to port it.

But I hope you don't mind if I make a clarification or two.

Android is coded in Java to begin with. Its a different branch than Java SE, and therefore there are some things that would need to be reconfigured for an app release as opposed to an applet. I'm not saying the transition will be smooth- you'd have to completely redesign the UI to and how your window frame scales, but there's a very good chance that most of your code could make the translation. Then again, I don't know how deep the rabbit hole goes on your project.

It would still be a challenge.

But the emulation solution is reserved for Java packages with heavy graphical components, or Java SE-specific segments of code.

Of course, this is just based on my experience. Feel free to chime in if I'm wrong about anything.

jamnkick

Jan 29, 2018
I got a bug when I was playing Release 14. I'm in the final battle with the Chosen (day 47 and used the 300 ee to trigger the final battle). Used cheat mode on this New Game+ to unlock everything in order to see the new features. In the middle of the final battle, I pressed continue and er, there's no option to anything other than continue. One chosen was flying, one chosen was captured by my Commander, and one chosen was being inseminated. Not sure what triggered this, but this save file was made when 12b came out.

Edit: I played with it a bit more after restarting the save a few times. Looks like when a Chosen's resolve gets broken and the text, "The Demon's start swarming the city!" or something similar to it, the game loops the turns indefinitely on the day of the final battle.

Last edited:
Aug 23, 2018
this game is kinda awful, what the shit am i supposed to do even? The girl is supposed to be vulnerable to attacks but she takes like 25 damage from them, while shes not really supposed to be vulnerable to threats but she takes fuckin 75 damage from them? The ingame tutorial doesnt explain shit

CSdev

Game Developer
Oct 14, 2020
Ok, I know you're the programmer of the game and its completely your decision on where to port it.

But I hope you don't mind if I make a clarification or two.

Android is coded in Java to begin with. Its a different branch than Java SE, and therefore there are some things that would need to be reconfigured for an app release as opposed to an applet. I'm not saying the transition will be smooth- you'd have to completely redesign the UI to and how your window frame scales, but there's a very good chance that most of your code could make the translation. Then again, I don't know how deep the rabbit hole goes on your project.

It would still be a challenge.

But the emulation solution is reserved for Java packages with heavy graphical components, or Java SE-specific segments of code.

Of course, this is just based on my experience. Feel free to chime in if I'm wrong about anything.
I appreciate the correction. This definitely isn't my area of expertise.
I got a bug when I was playing Release 14. I'm in the final battle with the Chosen (day 47 and used the 300 ee to trigger the final battle). Used cheat mode on this New Game+ to unlock everything in order to see the new features. In the middle of the final battle, I pressed continue and er, there's no option to anything other than continue. One chosen was flying, one chosen was captured by my Commander, and one chosen was being inseminated. Not sure what triggered this, but this save file was made when 12b came out.

Edit: I played with it a bit more after restarting the save a few times. Looks like when a Chosen's resolve gets broken and the text, "The Demon's start swarming the city!" or something similar to it, the game loops the turns indefinitely on the day of the final battle.
Sorry for not catching that bug myself. I'm pretty sure I've isolated what was causing the problem. I've uploaded a bugfix to the blog.
Any chance to make it on android? Love it on win, but want it to play on mobile too.
I'm interested in porting it over to Android eventually, it's just that I'll have to teach myself how to do so first, and there's a lot of high-priority content that still needs to be added before I spend any time on that.

Seamonkey

Oct 24, 2017
this game is kinda awful, what the shit am i supposed to do even? The girl is supposed to be vulnerable to attacks but she takes like 25 damage from them, while shes not really supposed to be vulnerable to threats but she takes fuckin 75 damage from them? The ingame tutorial doesnt explain shit
When it refers to the vulnerabilities as core, significant and minor its referring to how core the attribute is to there character not how vulnerable they are to it. When you want to inflict trauma to the chosen to make them available to surround target there minor vulnerabilities. While inflict heavy circumstance damage to one of there core vulnerabilities effects the chosen more severely causing break events which grant extra energy and affect the relations between the chosen.

In short target minor vulnerabilities for easy gains of both trauma and circumstance damage. Targeting core vulnerabilities is slower and harder but grants bigger rewards.

jamnkick

Jan 29, 2018
Sorry for not catching that bug myself. I'm pretty sure I've isolated what was causing the problem. I've uploaded a bugfix to the blog.
Thanks for the quick response! I'll try it again later and see if I find anything else in regards to bugs.

Edit: Uh, the same problem happened again except it occurred after the second Chosen had their resolve broken.

Last edited:
3.80 star(s) 51 Votes