Mod Cheat Mod Ren'Py Completed Corruption: Better Experience [v2.02] [anne O'nymous]

5.00 star(s) 6 Votes

anne O'nymous

I'm not grumpy, I'm just coded that way.
Modder
Respected User
Donor
Jun 10, 2017
Updated the mod.

Everything worked fine, but few events appeared with this update, so I added them in the "events tracker". I also updated the visual of the mod. Now the book's stickers aren't anymore text, but full image. It will be easier to change what you want to see since you can now click anywhere on the sticker.

anne O'nymous

Modder
Respected User
Donor
Jun 10, 2017
It doesn't work for me
Sorry, my crystal ball being actually broke, I can't help you if you don't gave more information.

What don't works ? Everything, or just some part of the mod ?
Have you followed the installation procedure ; aka put the whole content of the "game" folder from the archive, into the "game" folder of the game ?
Is it when you try to start a new game, when you load a save game, or did it not works whatever ?
Have you an error message from Ren'py ?
What precisely happen ? It return to the main menu ? The game works fine, but without access to the mod ?

Reactions: yoyomistro

Birulei

Oct 12, 2018
Sorry, my crystal ball being actually broke, I can't help you if you don't gave more information.

What don't works ? Everything, or just some part of the mod ?
Have you followed the installation procedure ; aka put the whole content of the "game" folder from the archive, into the "game" folder of the game ?
Is it when you try to start a new game, when you load a save game, or did it not works whatever ?
Have you an error message from Ren'py ?
What precisely happen ? It return to the main menu ? The game works fine, but without access to the mod ?
Well, when i'll open the game using better experience, basically it gives that error:
Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
  File "game/AON/AONmod.rpy", line 25, in script
    init 999 python:
  File "game/AON/AONmod.rpy", line 28, in <module>
    import AONmod
ImportError: No module named AONmod

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
  File "game/AON/AONmod.rpy", line 25, in script
    init 999 python:
  File "C:\Users\itala\Downloads\corruption-v140-pc\corruption-v1.40-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 814, in execute
    renpy.python.py_exec_bytecode(self.code.bytecode, self.hide, store=self.store)
  File "C:\Users\itala\Downloads\corruption-v140-pc\corruption-v1.40-pc\renpy\python.py", line 1715, in py_exec_bytecode
    exec bytecode in globals, locals
  File "game/AON/AONmod.rpy", line 28, in <module>
    import AONmod

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 6.99.12.3.2123
corruption 1.40

anne O'nymous

Modder
Respected User
Donor
Jun 10, 2017
Well, I know that I hadn't put the usual compiled Python module in the archive, but because of this the error you have shouldn't even have a single possibility to happen. So the problem is simple, you don't have installed the mod correctly ; I mean, you don't have extracted all the files, at least "AONmod.py" is missing.
If really you want, download again (the code is the same but the distribution method is back to the usual) and this time ensure that you have really installed all the files.

Side note: For the curious, sorry, but after reflection I return to the usual compiled Python module. It will limits the risk of, "hey, I thought that changing this would be better and now nothing works".

Birulei

Oct 12, 2018
Well, I know that I hadn't put the usual compiled Python module in the archive, but because of this the error you have shouldn't even have a single possibility to happen. So the problem is simple, you don't have installed the mod correctly ; I mean, you don't have extracted all the files, at least "AONmod.py" is missing.
If really you want, download again (the code is the same but the distribution method is back to the usual) and this time ensure that you have really installed all the files.

Side note: For the curious, sorry, but after reflection I return to the usual compiled Python module. It will limits the risk of, "hey, I thought that changing this would be better and now nothing works".
Yes, it works now, i just downloaded for the second time and now, it's working, thanks for your help. :D

divaneam

Sep 1, 2016
Has anyone tried this mod on latest version? Not expecting would work on new content, but hopping it's not going to break the game

Fzoner95

Oct 13, 2017
Well, after you enslave Heather the menu point "go to work" should disappear, it does without the mod, but with AON it's still there and when you click on it in the morning on a weekday the game crashes.
Everything else seems to be fine.

Reactions: yoyomistro

anne O'nymous

Modder
Respected User
Donor
Jun 10, 2017
Has anyone tried this mod on latest version? Not expecting would work on new content, but hopping it's not going to break the game
Like said on OP : "As long as there isn't major change in the parts used by this mod, it can be used whatever the future version of the game."

Well, after you enslave Heather the menu point "go to work" should disappear, it does without the mod, but with AON it's still there and when you click on it in the morning on a weekday the game crashes.
Thanks for the information. I just came back from works, so I didn't had time to look at it, and like my internet connection is shitty lately, I don't know when I'll be able to do it. But at least while waiting I'll think of a way to deal with this.

anne O'nymous

Modder
Respected User
Donor
Jun 10, 2017
Alright, updated with a new version to take count of the many changes coming with this version... And fixed the bug, thanks again @Fzoner95 to have pointed it.

On a side note, there's a bug in the game. When you go to the school's pool, the students are depicted according to their actual corruption level. But when you talk to the lifeguard, the students suddenly fall back to the corruption level of the lifeguard. It's not due to the mod, it's already like this in the game, and there isn't easy way to fix it.
Which mean that I'll not really have choice, I'll have to kick the ass of my laziness and finally change the way I deal with the corruption of secondary characters, to let you change them.
But it will probably not concern all of them. Like I said previously, they don't have the same step between each level of corruption, which would be a pain in the ass it I had to take care of this. So I'll probably limit this to the characters that have a step of 1, which should include the students. In the same time it will remove some lines from the events tracker, and it will be a good thing since it start to be saturated.

Fzoner95

Oct 13, 2017
BTW: I never really minded but even after enslaving Megan you can still go to her house and visit her and her husband although he was devastated during the enslavement and he learned that megan is the cow girl but now he is oblivious again. I thought it's nice that you can replay that scene but of course it breaks the continuity.

anne O'nymous

Modder
Respected User
Donor
Jun 10, 2017
BTW: I never really minded but even after enslaving Megan you can still go to her house and visit her and her husband although he was devastated during the enslavement and he learned that megan is the cow girl but now he is oblivious again. I thought it's nice that you can replay that scene but of course it breaks the continuity.
I took a look, and it's the default behavior of the game. But it's not necessarily obvious since there's only 39% chance for her to not be alone, then only 25% chance for the second person to be her husband and not her daughter.
I don't know if I'll remove the choice once she's enslaved. The risk is that I compare the files too fast and miss that Mr.C added a scene with the husband for the enslaved state. But I can add a warning, like for the living room scene and its bug.

Fzoner95

Oct 13, 2017
Oh I see. Thanks, never mind then. I guess this bug is not really worth fixing yet.

yoyomistro

Engaged Member
Jan 15, 2017
It should, but I haven't tested lately.
I finally got around to playing the game, I noticed the bug fix in the main thread was the school.rpyc, so I just decided to fix the rpy myself since I tend to like to make changes and reload scripts a lot. Would you like a copy of mine if you haven't fixed it yet?

anne O'nymous

Modder
Respected User
Donor
Jun 10, 2017
I finally got around to playing the game, I noticed the bug fix in the main thread was the school.rpyc, so I just decided to fix the rpy myself since I tend to like to make changes and reload scripts a lot. Would you like a copy of mine if you haven't fixed it yet?
Er... Yes why not. I don't guaranty that I'll use it (I need to fix things without editing the original files to keep the mod none intrusive) but it can give me an idea of how to fix it otherwise.

yoyomistro

Engaged Member
Jan 15, 2017
Er... Yes why not. I don't guaranty that I'll use it (I need to fix things without editing the original files to keep the mod none intrusive) but it can give me an idea of how to fix it otherwise.
OK cool here it is:

Changes were simple, I think just like 1 bad jump and a missing = sign or 2, but if it saves you a few minutes, that's good =P.

Reactions: Ginji

anne O'nymous

Modder
Respected User
Donor
Jun 10, 2017
Updated the mod to add what I talked about few weeks ago. I've split the "events tracker" in two parts, separating pure events and secondary characters. Now you have a better vision of what happen (or have still to happen) in the game, and you can change the corruption of secondary characters. But there's a limitation to that change...
Like I said previously, there no constancy in the corruption level of those characters. So I had to make a choice, and when you change a value, the change will always be of 1 unit. So, sometimes you'll have to change the value more than once to see an effective change in the game.
Besides this, it function like for the main characters. Which mean that you can't raise a level further than what it's effectively in the game, and the level is reset when you use a potion on the character. And it also function like for the "event tracker" it's part of. Therefore, by default you'll see "****" until you raise the level for the first time ; note that you can safely turn back a level to 0, without seeing the "***" again. As usual, this can be changed in the configuration interface.

Note that it's still to see as a Work In Progress. There shouldn't have problems, but I can have missed something, so don't hesitate to tell me if something goes wrong for you, or if I forgot a secondary character.

Also note that I haven't been able to fix the error in school. It would need to duplicate two too big labels, which would break the compatibility of the mod with previous and future versions.

Last edited:
5.00 star(s) 6 Votes