Corruption vs Sexual liberation

zuulan

Oct 12, 2020
Do any devs make difference on Corruption or Sexual liberation? Seems like they are same for Devs. you start with the target that is innocent and then you turn/corrupt her so she becomes total degraded slut agrees with every thing. Seems like there is never a part, an innocent girl can be turned to the wholesome woman who is free in they relationship.

You cant really use the corruption idea and still belive, corrupted woman is only for you, if she is degraded she will wish to explore outside of relationship limits.

Reactions: tariktokluk

Deleted member 229118

Oct 3, 2017
Do any devs make difference on Corruption or Sexual liberation? Seems like they are same for Devs. you start with the target that is innocent and then you turn/corrupt her so she becomes total degraded slut agrees with every thing. Seems like there is never a part, an innocent girl can be turned to the wholesome woman who is free in they relationship.

You cant really use the corruption idea and still belive, corrupted woman is only for you, if she is degraded she will wish to explore outside of relationship limits.
You are refering to slutification.
A subgerne of the corruption tag(and one of the reasons why we need more tag's)
There are other forms of corruption.
Included but not limited to:
Worship: They worship you and do what you want.
There own thoughts and desire be dammed.

Mind break: There constantly thinking of sex and will do anything for it.
Including being for your use only as long you keep fucking them daily.

Sluttification: Sex became there sole reason to exist and they want it all the time.
They will fuck anyone and anything.
Personal note: I consider this a failure as trainer.
A woman shoud be bound to your will and not enslaved to her lust.

Taboo breaking:
The reason why incest is so populair.
Doing something forbidden is exicthing.
To sleep with your sister or mother is one of the more socialy acceptable taboo's to break.
Sleeping with a loli is both more exicthing because of the whole: You are considered a monster and hated by everyone risk attached to it.
In short taboo breaking is about doing what isnt allowed.
Rape is often a tool in taboo breaking but not a goal in itself.
Just the means to get them to accept it.

Corruption is a large selection of different fetishes.
Like NTR it has too many interperations.
Where mind control is often just misslabeled.
Many mind controls games are just mind break or sluttification using hypnosis, magic, etc.
And often it is so poorly done it feels like the writter is using a shortcut rather then accauly focus on the fetish.

ciaqoo

Feb 29, 2020
Maybe some kind of badges would help ? Like "story mastermind" ? It is not a big difference for me if it is about corruption or sexual liberation if story is really good and without politics and toxic (antihuman) ideology in the background.
Voters could vote for badges - if more than 80 percent voters would like to give a badge ( 100 total voters at least) so badge would be granted for game.
Players would searching by using badges tags like by any other tags. So maybe "sexual liberation" would work more like a badge for the game which have corruption tag or other genres ?
Other type badges would be for high quality renders, a lot of explicit sex scenes, friendly game mechanics, atractive storyline etc.
Just adding new tags which are extremly rare or too common is not really helpfull for searching.

Jaike

Aug 24, 2020
I think corruption games usually speed beyond sexual liberation, so the overlap is mostly just the weakest type of corruption and sexual liberation. Where you can see that happening is in female MC corruption games with optional gradual and limited corruption (like Casual Desires or GGGB) and male MC games where they press a (usually religious) virgin into sex.

That makes sense, but in plenty of corruption games the corruptee is basically enslaved. In other ones they do become very promiscuous like you suggest.

desmosome

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 5, 2018
There are too many different interpretations. You can't really say any one interpretation is the right one, but you should at least specify what you think the corruption tag is.

First, there is a big divide between actual corruption into an evil being vs corruption into a slut/whore/slave. This site uses the broad definition to include the sexual corruption while most hentai databases considers just the "evilness." For example, e-hentai will mostly show things like pure girls turning into demonic beings. It's much more about physical transformation and going from good to evil than promiscuity.

Since this site uses the broader scope of the definition, we can talk about that. I agree that we should still separate corruption from simple sexual liberation. It's not a question of slutting/whoring/sharing vs exclusive, but more about the intent behind the corruption "training." Girls slutting it up with other dudes after being corrupted is entirely dictated by the story itself rather than the corruption tag. They can just as well be exclusive sex slaves.

The main criteria that most people will agree on is that the corruption influence should come from an external source. If a girl decides by herself that she wants to be sexually liberated or even devolve into a complete whore, that is not really corruption. The site definition supports this interpretation.
Corruption [Corrupting someone's mind robbing them of their purity/innocence.]
We can then look at the nature of the corruption "training." The framing of the relationship and its progression is important. There is a big difference between corrupting a pure girl for your own enjoyment vs opening her up to be more comfortable with her body. There needs to be some underlying exploitation and vileness to be considered corruption.

The logical conclusion is this. We should not include wholesome or neutral alignment stuff for the corruption tag. I believe this is mostly the case already. Since stories rarely fall squarely into some neat box, there is bound to be some cases that are hard to determine.

Edit:
Oh, and notice how the site definition is gender neutral. Male MCs being corrupted by some external source is a thing too. The most common form being some succubus type of figure influencing his morality as the story progresses. He will then often corrupt the girls around him in turn.

Apr 29, 2022
This site uses the broad definition to include the sexual corruption while most hentai databases considers just the "evilness." For example, e-hentai will mostly show things like pure girls turning into demonic beings. It's much more about physical transformation and going from good to evil than promiscuity.

Since this site uses the broader scope of the definition, we can talk about that. I agree that we should still separate corruption from simple sexual liberation. It's not a question of slutting/whoring/sharing vs exclusive, but more about the intent behind the corruption "training." Girls slutting it up with other dudes after being corrupted is entirely dictated by the story itself rather than the corruption tag. They can just as well be exclusive sex slaves.

The main criteria that most people will agree on is that the corruption influence should come from an external source. If a girl decides by herself that she wants to be sexually liberated or even devolve into a complete whore, that is not really corruption. The site definition supports this interpretation.
This is completely wrong. The e-hentai tag for corruption has a lot of girls turning into demons because e-hentai separated the corruption tag into corruption, moral degeneration, and mind break. Corruption just happens to be the one that implies magical means.

"Evilness" in Japanese culture is strongly informed by the Buddhist understanding of evil. So if you're super horny, then you're evil. If you're promiscuous, then you're double evil. Corruption and sexual liberation are one and the same.

RandyTyr

Game Developer
Apr 30, 2021
This difference was one of the reasons for me to embark on making my own game! To quote myself:

I'm trying to put a somewhat different spin on the Corruption-genre. Instead of having the character's "Id" winning over her "Ego", until the character is controlled entirely by her sexual desires (as it seems to be common), I want to tell a story of how the character liberates herself from societal taboos on sex. The point is that she gains agency, rather than loses it.

zuulan

Oct 12, 2020
I agree, that Corruption TAG needs to split up to more TAGs, but to have more TAGs community needs first to define what certain TAGs mean and where is line where one TAG becomes another.

Meaning Less

Engaged Member
Sep 13, 2016
"Evilness" in Japanese culture is strongly informed by the Buddhist understanding of evil. So if you're super horny, then you're evil. If you're promiscuous, then you're double evil. Corruption and sexual liberation are one and the same.
Not just buddhism, most religions consider purity/virginity/innocence the opposite of corruption/promiscuity/lust.

The corruption kink is simple, it is to strip away of someone's purity.

A priest might convince nuns that his cock is filled with holy seed and that they should drink it, a very innocent nun might give him blowjobs with complete faith that she is being purified. But in fact this is just pure and simple corruption, there are infinite ways and excuses to corrupt someone but it is purely the results that matters.

Now obviously there are different levels of corruption, "sexual liberation" is just a balanced state in the corruption scale in which someone is not shy about being promiscous but it is not yet fully corrupted either.
You can for instance take someone that considers themselves sexually liberated and corrupt them even more, dogs, horses, monsters, scat, the corruption can always go deeper.

woody554

Jan 20, 2018
did you have a thread on this 6-12 months ago? someone did.

difference between corruption and sexual liberation is like the difference between rape and vanilla sex. corruption is done to you against your will, sexual liberation is voluntary.

Reactions: Bavor
Apr 29, 2022
Now obviously there are different levels of corruption, "sexual liberation" is just a balanced state in the corruption scale in which someone is not shy about being promiscous but it is not yet fully corrupted either.
You can for instance take someone that considers themselves sexually liberated and corrupt them even more, dogs, horses, monsters, scat, the corruption can always go deeper.
If your desires include dogs, horses, monsters, and scat, then why would that not fall under "sexual liberation?"

RandyTyr

Game Developer
Apr 30, 2021
difference between corruption and sexual liberation is like the difference between rape and vanilla sex. corruption is done to you against your will, sexual liberation is voluntary.
I don't think that consent of the subject is the decisive difference. For example, the upcoming storyline in my game is about the MC trying to get a woman who believes in the sanctity of marriage and such stuff to break up with her husband and fuck her own brother instead. That woman would be horrified by the plan, if she had seen it coming. I would still call it liberation, not corruption. Why? Primarily, because it is presented in a positive light, as a genuinely good thing.

Conversely, a corruption story doesn't necessarily need to go against the will of the subject in any pronounced way. A thousand small steps the subject doesn't object to can still leave them heavily corrupted in the end.

obibobi

May 10, 2017
Has no one addressed the absurdity of using a term like female sexual liberation on a sex game website.

There are plenty of games where the female protag sleeps around without turning into a cock crazed nympho, but few people think of it as "sexual liberation", just like in a male protag game, you're just getting away with the consequences if it where more realistic.

Meaning Less

Engaged Member
Sep 13, 2016
If your desires include dogs, horses, monsters, and scat, then why would that not fall under "sexual liberation?"
Indeed, the label itself is very subjective and probably different people are going to put it into a different point into the corruption scale.

But i mean, I bet most people agree that turning into a public toilet is probably not usually labeled as "sexual liberation", I guess It depends on how much someone wants to fool themselves that they are not corrupted yet.

Like I said, I agree that both of those things mean corruption, it is just that usually sexual liberation is a softer term that does not go as deep into the rabbit hole.

dexter111

May 31, 2017
there's not much of a demand for sexual liberation for women in games here.

also, some cultures (from relevant to games - Japanese and American) are afraid of portraying women like this so it's an obstacle too

zuulan

Oct 12, 2020
Even if we separate sexual liberation from corruption then it is still won't that straight forward. Sexual liberation dont have to mean the character will be straight to promiscuous, because promiscuous means, the character is already heavily corrupted, not totally but still outside normal sensible behavior. Liberated would mean basically she is comfort to interact sexually with a partner and accept it as experience, seeking more than that already means going down to corruption path.

This is already arguable, are blowjobs, titjobs and anal corrupted behavior or not. But certainly, cheating or open voyage, swinging is corrupted and it is arguably how corrupted it is.

Bavor

Aug 11, 2020
I always viewed sexual liberation as a healthy self awareness that involved exploration and learning without feeling guilty about your needs and desires.