VN - Ren'Py - Cosy Cafe [v0.9] [Cosy Creator]

1. 5.00 star(s)

Hnta66

Wow i am really suprised really man this is amazing game i cant even explain it like when first time i see this i though anohter harem game with same mc but nope story changes pretty fast and turn into really good one not only that we have really good sexy sex scenes mmmm they are amazing i cant wait to play more.
  2. 5.00 star(s)

Bender_is_great_34

N-No way...

Lucy is just so precious. Never thought I'd be falling head over heels for a fictional character

Anyway, since everyone else got the story and character reviews I might as well talk about something else.

The first impression I got within 5 minutes into the game is that facial expressions are scarce. Lips rarely move and are shut most of the time. Hmm, lack of effort? rushed? But it quickly became apparent that is was intentional. There are plenty of other body languages and they become more prominent by contrast. It somehow adds immensely to the dialog and atmosphere of the scene, it now seems natural. Maybe it makes my mind fill in the blanks with the best suiting expression for the scene? I don't know, now I wouldn't have it any other way.
    Love. this. game.
  3. 5.00 star(s)

AlltheHugs

For a little context I was diagnosed ADHD in my 30's and am prescribed everyone's favorite "study aid." A fun feature of being medicated for me is diminished refractory periods, which often coincide with hyper-fixation.

This makes it easy to become smitten with well-written characters, or somewhat believable characters, and consume what could otherwise be, likely, multiple sessions with a AVN in fewer sittings.

I genuinely want to know what happens next for these women and enjoy the escapist-PC dick-makes-everything-better story. Even hopefully for Rachel, she has probably been through some shit and sharing the magic-dick makes number-one-girl Lucy happy.

Happy thoughts and goodwill your way.
  4. 5.00 star(s)

fraazx

Wow, I am honestly blown away by the game, to the point I am making my first ever official review.

The initial story plot is simple enough; you're a guy with a dream of becoming the best restaurant owner, coming to town to inherit a cafe that grandfather left behind. As time goes on (we haven't even reached 30 in-game days!), more and more details, which add more complexity to the story, pop up that don't overwhelm you and feels natural, along with everything having logic to them on why it happened.

For the writing? It's way way above the average stories that people pump out nowadays since everything doesn't feel robotic and bland. As a writer and long time reader, the one thing I absolutely despise is bad English. You can write the most insane, deplorable, shit ideas ever conceived on this planet, and I would still read the story if it interest me enough... As long as I can understand it and not have to use my brain to translate your shit, so no matter how interesting, funny, good, etc etc, if bad English then it's just a permanent no. Anyway, the writing is a blend simple and complex words that are used at appropriate timing, which immerse you into the world, as if you're right there and not just watching in through a screen.

In terms of animation... I'm not knowledgeable in that regard, but I can say that it's fluid and looks nice without any awkward clippings of body parts or clothes. Although, I do wish for more facial expressions, especially on Victoria but that's just a minor complaint.

Now, time to move on to the MC and holy fuck, now this is a very good MC. He knows what he wants, assertive, doesn't back down when others start shit with him (unless he has to), reciprocate what is given to him, gives second, third, fourth, and more chances to people if he believes them to be worth it, and above all else, he treats his girls right. Of course, I am missing few points of him and all, but this is honestly the highlight of him for me.

Lastly, the girls... They genuinely feel real. Of course, some of them got your cliché and overused tropes, but I like them. Lucy, Victoria, Sarah, Akatsuki, Hannah, Allison, Catherine (and another one that I absolutely refuse to accept, no matter what her circumstances are), all of them got their own growth. They don't become a static character (something I heavily dislike because they're boring) and grow through your interactions. All of them are fucking hot and beautiful (except for that one Main Character and most Side Characters), so it's easy enough to get attached to them. They're funny, sweet, lovable, kind, adorable, etc etc and more, though with some, you have to get through their thorns first to enjoy the sweets.

... Alright, seeing as it wouldn't be fair, let me talk about Rachel, that Main Character I was talking about. She's a feminist that basically got this warped viewpoint of the world (fucking no surprised there with most feminist nowadays) and will annoy you to death. Now, if she was my type of waifu, then I wouldn't be so against her in the Harem, but she's not and I don't know why specifically, but she just rubs me the wrong way. Of course, it could be all an act and blah blah blah the usual trope, but I don't care. I seriously don't care. I just want her gone.
  5. 5.00 star(s)

MaxRichard

5/5 what a gem. I've probably played close to 50 AVNs at this point and this is one of a handful that have a memorable story and character development. obviously it's still pretty degenerate AVN stuff but that's what we're all here for

sure, the renders are not state-of-the-art, but I agree with the other reviewer that this is more than made up by some very talented camera work and is nowhere near a showstopper

the richness of personalities in the cast and the level of character development across the board make playing this game a fantasy worth experiencing. it's every guy's dream come true without resorting to a godly MC with superpowers as can often be the case

just download it and enjoy the ride. I promise it will be very cozy indeed
  6. 5.00 star(s)

Sin-Gel-Itch

Wonderful pure harem maledom AVN.

It's slightly restricted by being based on Illusion's software for the models and renders, but capable camera work and solid choice of models make up for it mostly.

It's decently paced, realistic enough for horny teenagers, it's a really fun pseudo-political story and features a really interesting and cute cast of love interests. Realism sinks a bit with the virgin tag, but that's really only there for the fetish of it.

The MC is neither an ass nor a pushover - not the best example, but not entirely a blank slate just to project onto either, this guy has a tiny sliver of identity.

One final point is the fact that, as the title suggests, it's a cozy game, with a kinetic novel structure and choices that are really only there for flavor.

I understand this is a scattering of opinions, but the game as a whole is truly excellent and I strongly recommend it.
  7. 5.00 star(s)

JimmyJazz69

«Wholesome maledom», as the dev defines the focus of this VN, is really the best phrase that can explain this story.
    However, one really must play in order to fully understand the true complexity of the story.
    There are several aspects to be praised: yes, the girls (of course!) but also a narrative that in no way seems to be rushed - on the contrary!
    Another interesting aspect is the real character development happening here, that contributes to the greatness of this story and pushes it forward.
    At the end of each update, we always feel that we could continue to "play" forever and wait anxiously for the next one. 100% recommended!
  8. 5.00 star(s)

Uguei

[v0.9]

Easily one of the best games on the site. I'm honestly surprised i just came to know about it.

The writing is great, making the plot intriguing when it needs to be without making the lighthearted moments less fluffy and cosy.

I liked pretty much all the characters, even before they were part of the harem and became LIs. They are all quite unique and distinguishable from each other and the models are very well done.

I've read some opinions and i'd disagree on a lack of sex scenes. I think there is a great amount of them and, for the most part, they feel very natural

I'm excited for new updates of the game and will definitely keep track of it~
  9. 5.00 star(s)

Elindar Suule

Just started playing this game, so far I'm liking it. The different interactions you have with the wildly different girl's personalities makes for a compelling story. Great work and can't wait for more!
  10. 5.00 star(s)

Himeya Jun

Love the game, the content is much more than I expected considering it's only v0.9. I like where the story is heading, the only thing lacking is probably the lewd scenes, feel like a bit too 'stiff' for me. I like the LIs, they're sweet and much less cringy compared to horny LIs in other games. My personal fav is definitely Sarah, cute tsundere redheads are my kryptonite.
  11. 4.00 star(s)

DMoney1000

(Review is as of v0.9)

I liked it more than I thought I would. Going in, you just have to accept the premise that our MC will get all of the girls he wants, even if it seems nonsensical, since it's a harem game. Once you do, it becomes easier to judge the game based on the MC and, more specifically, how much of a Gary Stu he ends up being.

In that regard, our MC is actually not too bad. While he does seem (perhaps overly) certain of himself in terms of getting women, he actually comes off as having more normal sensibilities otherwise. Too many of these games write the MC like he just knows that he could go off and defuse a nuclear bomb with a bendy straw and a Speak & Spell. This MC is happier just being in his own little corner of the world as a chef running the (surprisingly cocaine-free, if my chef friends are to be believed) cafe left to him. He's dragged into some hoity-toity Warring Families narrative which forms the overall story, and thankfully he's dragged into it kicking and screaming instead of just deciding that he can out-intrigue everybody else. Not only that, but he actually loses a cooking contest to a rival. That may not sound like much, but that's already more hardship than a lot of MCs face. I'd still like to see more of a struggle, but it's a good start.

Instead, most of that stuff is in the background in favor of focusing on the girls in the MC's life. While I don't like the fact that the word "love" is thrown around only two weeks into the story (at this point the story is just past three weeks), the girls are different and have their own little conflicts and foibles. More importantly, they're constantly interacting, and the story kind of takes a backseat and just lets them bounce off each other. This really helps flesh them out and makes them feel distinct from each other. I wish more VN authors - not just ones who write harems, but them especially - did this.

It creates a good little story, and a mostly positive one at that. This is a huge step in the right direction, and I'm looking forward to seeing where it goes.
  12. 5.00 star(s)

DMMAMP7

One of my top 5 HVN's of all time. I love the girls, the humor, the interactions, the choices I've made, and the story's progress. This is definitely a must play in my eyes.

I could not recommend this more than I already do. If I could give it 6 out of 5 stars, I would. My only hope is that this reaches a satisfying conclusion when it finally finishes, and this dev moves on to making even better and more entertaining projects in the future.
  13. 5.00 star(s)

dante_magician

I have so much praise to this game that when I ready to write the review I don't know what I have to say first. But this game for me can be single down to one sentence: "This dev make nearly every man's dream come true with this game"
  14. 5.00 star(s)

MixQQ

+ finally a game with fucking normal assertive mc, he is really great
    + music
    + game completely melt you heart
    + girls, all of them are adorable
    + spanking, a LOT of spanking!
    + no jealousy drama between girls
    + nice idea for the story
    + a true harem

- lewd content could be better, there is also too many BJ/HJ, a no pussy eating scenes? it's a tragedy!

I really enjoyed this avn. Simple story, amazing girls and one of the best MC in this genre. Easy 5 stars
  15. 5.00 star(s)

Stratyys

I really enjoyed the story as it is so far! You fall in love with some of the characters so easily (from the readers perspective) and absolutely hate other because of their bitchiness. You were right about that "dangerously cute Tsundere". It's clear this is a story of love and passion and the writer is a great storyteller. Some of the facial expressions may not convey correctly how the girls feel all the time exactly but that doesn't really matter to me as the emotion is brought out in the reading and I can imagine it just fine. I really hope this story goes on for a long time and expands into creating a huge family with all the girls (making lots of babies with all of them...that are in the harem at least). Thanks for sharing your story :)
  16. 5.00 star(s)

Alulu7

One of my favourite visual novels with a wholesome tone and cute girls everywhere.

Story seems simple at first but gets quite complicated after a while due to conflicts between some families (it's still easy to follow as long as you're paying attention). If the family stuff was slightly simpler, following the story would be lot easier as now if you miss a line you might get lost on what's happening.

Each main character's backstory is unique and their situation together with the cafe give a relatively logical reason for the MC to build his harem. Even though the story contains some more weighty scenes it manages to remain upbeat overall. And while we get some amazing, steamy sex scenes, it's surprisingly wholesome and as its name suggests it leaves you with this cosy feeling.

All main characters are well designed. They develop over time and go from seemingly simple one-dimensional personalities into complex characters with rich emotional depth and you truly become engaged in their story. Also the girls' models look really good (their elbow textures bothered me occasionally but this is just me being nit-picky) and you will definitely find one you love (My personal favourite is a certain feisty little redhead).

Overall brilliant, cosy AVN with an engaging story and girls that you will surely love.
  17. 5.00 star(s)

inuko

Amazing story, girls have actual personalities, and depth. Great Harem game, where the girls actually interact with each other. Honestly the best game on this site so far. Looking forward to more updates. Also can't wait to see where this goes with Rachel lol.
  18. 5.00 star(s)

5mithers

This is currently one of the best games on the site IMHO.

The artwork and animations are excellent, and more than that, the story and characters are well developed and well written.

So many games are all over the map with tone, storyline, and especially character traits.

The creator here has a definite clear vision so far, which makes this head and shoulders better than 95% of the other games on this platform.
  19. 5.00 star(s)

PsyCoeXVI

One of my favorite games in a long while. The story is great and is more grounded than some other harem games. I enjoy the models and animation as well. This is the first game that I've actually taken the time to read through the whole dialogue, for most games I just skim and get the general gist.
  20. 5.00 star(s)

capt_obviously

Lots of great, varied LIs, interesting lore without it taking over and a dominate MC who isn't just a jerk. Great H scenes and excellent writing. It's got everything you could want from a visual novel.