VN - Ren'Py - Cosy Cafe [v0.9] [Cosy Creator]

1. 5.00 star(s)

Stratyys

I really enjoyed the story as it is so far! You fall in love with some of the characters so easily (from the readers perspective) and absolutely hate other because of their bitchiness. You were right about that "dangerously cute Tsundere". It's clear this is a story of love and passion and the writer is a great storyteller. Some of the facial expressions may not convey correctly how the girls feel all the time exactly but that doesn't really matter to me as the emotion is brought out in the reading and I can imagine it just fine. I really hope this story goes on for a long time and expands into creating a huge family with all the girls (making lots of babies with all of them...that are in the harem at least). Thanks for sharing your story :)
  2. 5.00 star(s)

Alulu7

One of my favourite visual novels with a wholesome tone and cute girls everywhere.

Story seems simple at first but gets quite complicated after a while due to conflicts between some families (it's still easy to follow as long as you're paying attention). If the family stuff was slightly simpler, following the story would be lot easier as now if you miss a line you might get lost on what's happening.

Each main character's backstory is unique and their situation together with the cafe give a relatively logical reason for the MC to build his harem. Even though the story contains some more weighty scenes it manages to remain upbeat overall. And while we get some amazing, steamy sex scenes, it's surprisingly wholesome and as its name suggests it leaves you with this cosy feeling.

All main characters are well designed. They develop over time and go from seemingly simple one-dimensional personalities into complex characters with rich emotional depth and you truly become engaged in their story. Also the girls' models look really good (their elbow textures bothered me occasionally but this is just me being nit-picky) and you will definitely find one you love (My personal favourite is a certain feisty little redhead).

Overall brilliant, cosy AVN with an engaging story and girls that you will surely love.
  3. 5.00 star(s)

inuko

Amazing story, girls have actual personalities, and depth. Great Harem game, where the girls actually interact with each other. Honestly the best game on this site so far. Looking forward to more updates. Also can't wait to see where this goes with Rachel lol.
  4. 5.00 star(s)

5mithers

This is currently one of the best games on the site IMHO.

The artwork and animations are excellent, and more than that, the story and characters are well developed and well written.

So many games are all over the map with tone, storyline, and especially character traits.

The creator here has a definite clear vision so far, which makes this head and shoulders better than 95% of the other games on this platform.
  5. 5.00 star(s)

PsyCoeXVI

One of my favorite games in a long while. The story is great and is more grounded than some other harem games. I enjoy the models and animation as well. This is the first game that I've actually taken the time to read through the whole dialogue, for most games I just skim and get the general gist.
  6. 5.00 star(s)

capt_obviously

Lots of great, varied LIs, interesting lore without it taking over and a dominate MC who isn't just a jerk. Great H scenes and excellent writing. It's got everything you could want from a visual novel.
  7. 5.00 star(s)

Trains

One of the best games on the site imo. Its a rare instance of having a likable MC and likable love interests with actual character. Definitely one worth reading the dialog. The art is also excellent (and hot af).
  8. 5.00 star(s)

Fenris_Lokisson

This is one of my favorite VN's. While dominant, the MC is very caring and the story is compelling.
    Each of the girls has their very own personality formed through personal experiences and we get to learn about their past.
    Thanks a lot for sharing this game. Can't wait to play the next part.
  9. 5.00 star(s)

rebel836

I wouldn't normally write reviews this early on but I wanted to for this one because I really enjoyed it more than I thought I would. This review is as of 0.8.1

As mentioned above, I normally like to wait until further on in development before thinking about writing reviews, but this one, while still early, had more content than I expected. I spent a solid, full afternoon with a big smile on my face while reading through this.

The writing and story aren't going to win any big awards, but honestly, I like it that way. The title is Cosy Cafe and the whole time, it did feel very warm and wholesome. There is some plot in the background that I enjoyed, and again, while not ground breaking, serves its purpose quite well. It's nothing too complicated or convoluted at the moment, which makes the main part of the game rise to the forefront.

That main part is the girls. It's a harem game and as you might expect, this comes with a few harem tropes that you've come to know. The love interests all get quite cozy with the MC very quickly. That being said, with the pace of the game, it doesn't feel jarring.

Some games like to put a lot of fluff in between content with love interests where endless words, plot, lore and other such things get crammed down your throat. Others have an enaging, well written novel that sucks you in. For some games, this works and I love well written slow burn games. Some of which I nearly skip the sex scenes because it's the story that keeps me there. This one is not one of those games. I like the story and it serves as an anchor for the rest of the game, but every tangent almost always wraps up quickly and brings you right back to developing your relationship with the girls.

The girls themselves are adorable. They each have their own personalities, and while not original archetypes, still somehow manage to tug at your heartstrings. The dynamic between the MC and LIs is polygamous in nature rather than polyamorous. In layman's terms, this basically means that the MC is the only male that matters (No NTR). He even says up front to every girl that joins the harem that he gets to sleep around and they don't. In reality this would obviously be quite toxic but you're not playing this game for its realism, and naturally none of the girls want anyone else anyway.

There is an emphasis towards D/s power exchange dynamics between the MC and the LIs. It's not over the top kinky bondage supreme, but it works and I prefer it that way. It might not be the most realistic portrayal but for a game like this I don't think a more realistic approach would work anyway. Definitely a good game though if you like being called Master a lot and giving out a lot of spankings.

And as a few final notes. The music is cute and cozy like the rest of the game, though there isn't a very large soundtrack. This isn't a big deal though and I never found myself wanting.

The renders however were a highlight for me. There are some aspects of the renders that look odd, like some 2d textures on like the elbows or something, but everything else is quite nice. I stopped a couple times to admire the skin in a couple scenes where I could see the goosebumps on one of the girls' breasts, and again around the pubic area. I've seen some really good looking renders of girls in a lot of games here, and even the best of them have the most flawlessly smooth skin where there would normally be pubic hair. The girls in this one (so far) are all shaved but you can even see the bumps of the follicles where the hair would normally be. It's a small detail that stood out to me that I didn't know I would appreciate until I saw it. Maybe that's a small or weird thing but it made it feel more real to me. The models may not look photorealistic or whatever but they have a uniqueness to them that makes them stand apart.

Anyways, I've rambled on enough now. I am very much looking forward to future updates for this one and recommend giving it a try.
  10. 5.00 star(s)

JoKa_Kinetic

Like the wrting and the style. Also exceptionally I like the MC, the attitude that screams "I don't give a fuck, just leave me alone" just resonates.

The main girls are lovely.

One negative, the founding family stuff can be a bit much and overdone. As much as the the attitude with the MC resonates with me, the attitude of the founding family idiots just rubs me the wrong way.
  11. 5.00 star(s)

"Kinky Wahid"

Let's talk about what I like about your game.
    I don't think there's anything i dislike about your game, how much I like your or any game 40% of my opinion depends on MC like how's MC personality, abilities, hence it's not a superpower/fantasy game so I will cut the ability part but about MC personality MC is really a cool-ass knows how to give a solid answers to annoying girls like Catherine, Sarah's Sisters and so on..........
    Every girls is good looking even Rachel (I hate to admit but she's kinda cute).
    Animation is good, dialogues are good too, so far I haven't find anything ugly about your game everything is excellent!
    Honestly I'm not into hardcore maledom and bdsm and your game's totally my type even if not your game is just perfect even your haters can't deny this.
    Honestly at first I thought game is boring but just after 5mins literally in 5mins it's change my whole mood, I'm like "what is this!?" I'm so glad I found this game but I still haven't finished your game I'm at the end of 0.7 I think?
    Anyway I can't describe how much I like your game I know I'm not the first one nor the last one but I still need to say how much I appreciate your game.
    Keep up the amazing work man.
    Good luck.❤❤❤
    Love you from India.
  12. 3.00 star(s)

Lim3Slim3

The Verdict
    A cute little harem game with the cast of girls as its primary selling point.

The Good
    • The girls here are cute, each of them unique, and have great models and animation. The characters overall in this are absolutely the highlight.
    • Solid sex scenes overall, in particular I liked
      You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
    The Bad
    • I know some here liked the story and world-building but I had a hard time getting into it. It's essentially a story of family dynasties, but lands weird on the player because the world, otherwise, appears to just be a typical modern world in a small town. It does work to create a credible harem (which I am a fan of) but I found it hard to get into the narrative here because it's basically just a normal town with a random vehicle added to explain why MC fucks everyone.
    The Ugly
    • This game basically takes place in the backrooms. The environments are extremely strange, uncomfortable mazes that often seem like they are intentionally designed to confuse the player. In the opening scene, MC opens the door to his new "restaurant" which then actually looks exactly like a hotel. Later in the game, you go to one of the LI's mansion, which is almost identical to the "restaurant". The rooms of each house have plain white walls and hospital lighting... I didn't find a lot cozy about this game.
  13. 5.00 star(s)

Stele23

Story -5/5. The story of a guy who inherited a restaurant from his grandfather and his ambition to become the best chef. The story is truly original and unique because it has inserted a lot of things like fiounding families, distribution of power, MC becomes drawn into something he doesn't want and learn to deal with.
    Worldbuilding is really good, everything is beautifully done and attention to every detail is paid. Girls are also really cool, they all have different traits, looks and behaviors. Props to the dev for the story. With a little male domination there is a lot of tenderness and the goal is one happy, super ending.

Gameplay -5/5. This is a standard VN, you are reading a story and you have a couple of irrelevant decisions to make. Some people don't like it, but I really like it. The writer sticks to his plans and thoughts and I think that's for the best. There were no bugs, crashes or writing errors. Like I said, the creator paid attention to every little detail.
    One thing I would fix is that girls have a little more variety in reactions. A good proportion of the games had a somewhat standard face, with no reactions other than blush. I think that could be fixed a little bit.

Music – 4/5. The music is totally okay, there is nothing wrong with it, but on the other hand, there should be some variation. I think it would be possible to insert a few more different songs and maybe something like sex sounds, penetration, bj and similar.

Final thought – An amazing game, worth your time. If you are interested in a harem type game with a bit of male dominance, creating wonderful relationships with girls, building a family with them, along with a very interesting story to which the creator has devoted himself, be sure to try this.
  14. 5.00 star(s)

GrammerCop

Spoiler alert

Version v0.8.1: It's not often I leave a very positive review. I find this game to be quite enjoyable for a kinetic novel. So much so, that I've played this game several times since the last update.

I'm not really into spanking and having a slave girl and pet catgirl, let alone a harem. However, this novel presents those fetishes quite well, without going overboard. If I had to sum up all this in a single word, that word would be
    Tasteful.

Great work by the developer. I look forward to Lucy using that sex toy she got. I am also looking forward to Rachel getting added to the harem, to more of the Founding Family BS (I mean drama/intrigue/twists) Nope, BS says it well, and to Miss Takamura discovering just who he is and also being added.

To top it all off, I have discovered the most adorable phrase of all the games I've played:

Jack thinks I'm Hot.
  15. 5.00 star(s)

luckyluca01

the story is pretty interesting, gotta say. the girls are definetly cute and very unique. big fan of this one

def recommended, always nice to play a good, casual and sometimes nerve recking harem avn.
  16. 5.00 star(s)

kennyman

I have never written a review for a visual novel before after at least +100 played. Never have I been so caught up in the story of previous games as i have with this one. With such a rich story from an amazing writer, followed up by great art quality, I can definitely recommend. I came for the lewd, stayed for the story.
  17. 3.00 star(s)

kameohawk

The game's good and all but it suffers from the same tired tropes.

Visually it's nice, the girls are all pleasant to look at and all in all have pretty distinct personalities to make it kinda interesting.

The problem is the whole thing feels puddle deep. All the girls IMMEDIATELY love the MC. All the girls IMMEDIATELY want his dick. Even the ones who say they don't ultimately do. The MC has magic dick powers and by god that's a tired trope by this point. Doesn't matter what happens in the story, girls just want his dick. It's a fantasy simulator and don't get me wrong that can be fun and all but there's absolutely zero depth to the whole game. Girls want your dick, or they want it later.

You've got a cafe too which you work in but that's really just a side quest to the "every girl wants your dick" simulator you find yourself in. And what's worse is the MC a bit of a biscuit. Like.... it's like he's never even given enough weight to his character to even justify why all the women want him. It's like everyone's aware he's the MC and that's all that's needed.

There's a whole Game of Thrones thing going on which may blow up into something. I really think the MC's been an idiot about the whole plot. Like he's aware of what's going on and his argument is like "na can't be bothered with that" but given he's been told first hand how the other families operate, the idea he somehow thinks he can just ignore it seems absurd. Or maybe it's like with all the girls wanting his dick, he knows he doesn't need to think about it too much cause life will just work out.

It's an ok game, seems the dev likes spanking so by god you better get used to watching that a lot, but with no branching to mix it up, and the MC just living his life in God Mode, it's a bit boring.
  18. 2.00 star(s)

Ass prefer

some kind of strange game, everything is done according to a template, in fact, the girls stick to the MC themselves and there are no elections here, there is a harem and most importantly, the developer has a very strong fetish for slapping girls' asses.
    and of course the school theme
    for a while I followed the game, I even liked it, but then there were very poor updates, lack of growth, there were no normal sex scenes with girls, nothing interesting and I was disappointed
  19. 5.00 star(s)

dimsey87

Heckin' wholesome harem vibes with a dash of light kink. What's not to like?

The writing is serviceable, I like all the girls - they might be tropey but if it ain't broke and all that.

Visually the game is generally good but if you work with Honey Select you get what you get in terms of the male models all looking some degree of freaky. Also neither here nor there but at least some of the girls have kinda crusty looking elbow textures. Maybe that's just a Honey Select thing and I never noticed it before, but figured it worth mentioning just in case.

Anyway - dig the game and can hardly wait for future updates.
  20. 5.00 star(s)

BigBlob69

Review of v0.8.1

Just absolutely fantastic. I had no idea that this would blow me away like it did. Wholesome, but with enough edge to keep things interesting. Loved the aesthetic, the visuals, the characters, the plot, everything. Unlike most wholesome games, the mc has a strong dominant streak, and it actually works with his character and kept the sex hot as fuck. I did feel like he could be more romantic, so I'm hoping we see more of that in the coming updates.

In case you don't know what a kinetic novel is, it means the game has no choices which have any lasting effect, they just alter a bit of dialogue. Didn't stop me from loving it.