VN - Ren'Py - Cosy Cafe [v0.9] [Cosy Creator]

1. 5.00 star(s)

Sin-Gel-Itch

Wonderful pure harem maledom AVN.

It's slightly restricted by being based on Illusion's software for the models and renders, but capable camera work and solid choice of models make up for it mostly.

It's decently paced, realistic enough for horny teenagers, it's a really fun pseudo-political story and features a really interesting and cute cast of love interests. Realism sinks a bit with the virgin tag, but that's really only there for the fetish of it.

The MC is neither an ass nor a pushover - not the best example, but not entirely a blank slate just to project onto either, this guy has a tiny sliver of identity.

One final point is the fact that, as the title suggests, it's a cozy game, with a kinetic novel structure and choices that are really only there for flavor.

I understand this is a scattering of opinions, but the game as a whole is truly excellent and I strongly recommend it.
  2. 5.00 star(s)

JimmyJazz69

«Wholesome maledom», as the dev defines the focus of this VN, is really the best phrase that can explain this story.
    However, one really must play in order to fully understand the true complexity of the story.
    There are several aspects to be praised: yes, the girls (of course!) but also a narrative that in no way seems to be rushed - on the contrary!
    Another interesting aspect is the real character development happening here, that contributes to the greatness of this story and pushes it forward.
    At the end of each update, we always feel that we could continue to "play" forever and wait anxiously for the next one. 100% recommended!
  3. 5.00 star(s)

Uguei

[v0.9]

Easily one of the best games on the site. I'm honestly surprised i just came to know about it.

The writing is great, making the plot intriguing when it needs to be without making the lighthearted moments less fluffy and cosy.

I liked pretty much all the characters, even before they were part of the harem and became LIs. They are all quite unique and distinguishable from each other and the models are very well done.

I've read some opinions and i'd disagree on a lack of sex scenes. I think there is a great amount of them and, for the most part, they feel very natural

I'm excited for new updates of the game and will definitely keep track of it~
  4. 5.00 star(s)

Elindar Suule

Just started playing this game, so far I'm liking it. The different interactions you have with the wildly different girl's personalities makes for a compelling story. Great work and can't wait for more!
  5. 5.00 star(s)

Himeya Jun

Love the game, the content is much more than I expected considering it's only v0.9. I like where the story is heading, the only thing lacking is probably the lewd scenes, feel like a bit too 'stiff' for me. I like the LIs, they're sweet and much less cringy compared to horny LIs in other games. My personal fav is definitely Sarah, cute tsundere redheads are my kryptonite.
  6. 4.00 star(s)

DMoney1000

(Review is as of v0.9)

I liked it more than I thought I would. Going in, you just have to accept the premise that our MC will get all of the girls he wants, even if it seems nonsensical, since it's a harem game. Once you do, it becomes easier to judge the game based on the MC and, more specifically, how much of a Gary Stu he ends up being.

In that regard, our MC is actually not too bad. While he does seem (perhaps overly) certain of himself in terms of getting women, he actually comes off as having more normal sensibilities otherwise. Too many of these games write the MC like he just knows that he could go off and defuse a nuclear bomb with a bendy straw and a Speak & Spell. This MC is happier just being in his own little corner of the world as a chef running the (surprisingly cocaine-free, if my chef friends are to be believed) cafe left to him. He's dragged into some hoity-toity Warring Families narrative which forms the overall story, and thankfully he's dragged into it kicking and screaming instead of just deciding that he can out-intrigue everybody else. Not only that, but he actually loses a cooking contest to a rival. That may not sound like much, but that's already more hardship than a lot of MCs face. I'd still like to see more of a struggle, but it's a good start.

Instead, most of that stuff is in the background in favor of focusing on the girls in the MC's life. While I don't like the fact that the word "love" is thrown around only two weeks into the story (at this point the story is just past three weeks), the girls are different and have their own little conflicts and foibles. More importantly, they're constantly interacting, and the story kind of takes a backseat and just lets them bounce off each other. This really helps flesh them out and makes them feel distinct from each other. I wish more VN authors - not just ones who write harems, but them especially - did this.

It creates a good little story, and a mostly positive one at that. This is a huge step in the right direction, and I'm looking forward to seeing where it goes.
  7. 5.00 star(s)

DMMAMP7

One of my top 5 HVN's of all time. I love the girls, the humor, the interactions, the choices I've made, and the story's progress. This is definitely a must play in my eyes.

I could not recommend this more than I already do. If I could give it 6 out of 5 stars, I would. My only hope is that this reaches a satisfying conclusion when it finally finishes, and this dev moves on to making even better and more entertaining projects in the future.
  8. 5.00 star(s)

dante_magician

I have so much praise to this game that when I ready to write the review I don't know what I have to say first. But this game for me can be single down to one sentence: "This dev make nearly every man's dream come true with this game"
  9. 5.00 star(s)

MixQQ

+ finally a game with fucking normal assertive mc, he is really great
    + music
    + game completely melt you heart
    + girls, all of them are adorable
    + spanking, a LOT of spanking!
    + no jealousy drama between girls
    + nice idea for the story
    + a true harem

- lewd content could be better, there is also too many BJ/HJ, a no pussy eating scenes? it's a tragedy!

I really enjoyed this avn. Simple story, amazing girls and one of the best MC in this genre. Easy 5 stars
  10. 5.00 star(s)

Stratyys

I really enjoyed the story as it is so far! You fall in love with some of the characters so easily (from the readers perspective) and absolutely hate other because of their bitchiness. You were right about that "dangerously cute Tsundere". It's clear this is a story of love and passion and the writer is a great storyteller. Some of the facial expressions may not convey correctly how the girls feel all the time exactly but that doesn't really matter to me as the emotion is brought out in the reading and I can imagine it just fine. I really hope this story goes on for a long time and expands into creating a huge family with all the girls (making lots of babies with all of them...that are in the harem at least). Thanks for sharing your story :)
  11. 5.00 star(s)

Alulu7

One of my favourite visual novels with a wholesome tone and cute girls everywhere.

Story seems simple at first but gets quite complicated after a while due to conflicts between some families (it's still easy to follow as long as you're paying attention). If the family stuff was slightly simpler, following the story would be lot easier as now if you miss a line you might get lost on what's happening.

Each main character's backstory is unique and their situation together with the cafe give a relatively logical reason for the MC to build his harem. Even though the story contains some more weighty scenes it manages to remain upbeat overall. And while we get some amazing, steamy sex scenes, it's surprisingly wholesome and as its name suggests it leaves you with this cosy feeling.

All main characters are well designed. They develop over time and go from seemingly simple one-dimensional personalities into complex characters with rich emotional depth and you truly become engaged in their story. Also the girls' models look really good (their elbow textures bothered me occasionally but this is just me being nit-picky) and you will definitely find one you love (My personal favourite is a certain feisty little redhead).

Overall brilliant, cosy AVN with an engaging story and girls that you will surely love.
  12. 5.00 star(s)

inuko

Amazing story, girls have actual personalities, and depth. Great Harem game, where the girls actually interact with each other. Honestly the best game on this site so far. Looking forward to more updates. Also can't wait to see where this goes with Rachel lol.
  13. 5.00 star(s)

5mithers

This is currently one of the best games on the site IMHO.

The artwork and animations are excellent, and more than that, the story and characters are well developed and well written.

So many games are all over the map with tone, storyline, and especially character traits.

The creator here has a definite clear vision so far, which makes this head and shoulders better than 95% of the other games on this platform.
  14. 5.00 star(s)

PsyCoeXVI

One of my favorite games in a long while. The story is great and is more grounded than some other harem games. I enjoy the models and animation as well. This is the first game that I've actually taken the time to read through the whole dialogue, for most games I just skim and get the general gist.
  15. 5.00 star(s)

capt_obviously

Lots of great, varied LIs, interesting lore without it taking over and a dominate MC who isn't just a jerk. Great H scenes and excellent writing. It's got everything you could want from a visual novel.
  16. 5.00 star(s)

Trains

One of the best games on the site imo. Its a rare instance of having a likable MC and likable love interests with actual character. Definitely one worth reading the dialog. The art is also excellent (and hot af).
  17. 5.00 star(s)

Fenris_Lokisson

This is one of my favorite VN's. While dominant, the MC is very caring and the story is compelling.
    Each of the girls has their very own personality formed through personal experiences and we get to learn about their past.
    Thanks a lot for sharing this game. Can't wait to play the next part.
  18. 5.00 star(s)

rebel836

I wouldn't normally write reviews this early on but I wanted to for this one because I really enjoyed it more than I thought I would. This review is as of 0.8.1

As mentioned above, I normally like to wait until further on in development before thinking about writing reviews, but this one, while still early, had more content than I expected. I spent a solid, full afternoon with a big smile on my face while reading through this.

The writing and story aren't going to win any big awards, but honestly, I like it that way. The title is Cosy Cafe and the whole time, it did feel very warm and wholesome. There is some plot in the background that I enjoyed, and again, while not ground breaking, serves its purpose quite well. It's nothing too complicated or convoluted at the moment, which makes the main part of the game rise to the forefront.

That main part is the girls. It's a harem game and as you might expect, this comes with a few harem tropes that you've come to know. The love interests all get quite cozy with the MC very quickly. That being said, with the pace of the game, it doesn't feel jarring.

Some games like to put a lot of fluff in between content with love interests where endless words, plot, lore and other such things get crammed down your throat. Others have an enaging, well written novel that sucks you in. For some games, this works and I love well written slow burn games. Some of which I nearly skip the sex scenes because it's the story that keeps me there. This one is not one of those games. I like the story and it serves as an anchor for the rest of the game, but every tangent almost always wraps up quickly and brings you right back to developing your relationship with the girls.

The girls themselves are adorable. They each have their own personalities, and while not original archetypes, still somehow manage to tug at your heartstrings. The dynamic between the MC and LIs is polygamous in nature rather than polyamorous. In layman's terms, this basically means that the MC is the only male that matters (No NTR). He even says up front to every girl that joins the harem that he gets to sleep around and they don't. In reality this would obviously be quite toxic but you're not playing this game for its realism, and naturally none of the girls want anyone else anyway.

There is an emphasis towards D/s power exchange dynamics between the MC and the LIs. It's not over the top kinky bondage supreme, but it works and I prefer it that way. It might not be the most realistic portrayal but for a game like this I don't think a more realistic approach would work anyway. Definitely a good game though if you like being called Master a lot and giving out a lot of spankings.

And as a few final notes. The music is cute and cozy like the rest of the game, though there isn't a very large soundtrack. This isn't a big deal though and I never found myself wanting.

The renders however were a highlight for me. There are some aspects of the renders that look odd, like some 2d textures on like the elbows or something, but everything else is quite nice. I stopped a couple times to admire the skin in a couple scenes where I could see the goosebumps on one of the girls' breasts, and again around the pubic area. I've seen some really good looking renders of girls in a lot of games here, and even the best of them have the most flawlessly smooth skin where there would normally be pubic hair. The girls in this one (so far) are all shaved but you can even see the bumps of the follicles where the hair would normally be. It's a small detail that stood out to me that I didn't know I would appreciate until I saw it. Maybe that's a small or weird thing but it made it feel more real to me. The models may not look photorealistic or whatever but they have a uniqueness to them that makes them stand apart.

Anyways, I've rambled on enough now. I am very much looking forward to future updates for this one and recommend giving it a try.
  19. 5.00 star(s)

JoKa_Kinetic

Like the wrting and the style. Also exceptionally I like the MC, the attitude that screams "I don't give a fuck, just leave me alone" just resonates.

The main girls are lovely.

One negative, the founding family stuff can be a bit much and overdone. As much as the the attitude with the MC resonates with me, the attitude of the founding family idiots just rubs me the wrong way.
  20. 5.00 star(s)

"Kinky Wahid"

Let's talk about what I like about your game.
    I don't think there's anything i dislike about your game, how much I like your or any game 40% of my opinion depends on MC like how's MC personality, abilities, hence it's not a superpower/fantasy game so I will cut the ability part but about MC personality MC is really a cool-ass knows how to give a solid answers to annoying girls like Catherine, Sarah's Sisters and so on..........
    Every girls is good looking even Rachel (I hate to admit but she's kinda cute).
    Animation is good, dialogues are good too, so far I haven't find anything ugly about your game everything is excellent!
    Honestly I'm not into hardcore maledom and bdsm and your game's totally my type even if not your game is just perfect even your haters can't deny this.
    Honestly at first I thought game is boring but just after 5mins literally in 5mins it's change my whole mood, I'm like "what is this!?" I'm so glad I found this game but I still haven't finished your game I'm at the end of 0.7 I think?
    Anyway I can't describe how much I like your game I know I'm not the first one nor the last one but I still need to say how much I appreciate your game.
    Keep up the amazing work man.
    Good luck.❤❤❤
    Love you from India.