Could Patreon ban a game, which have a incest patch?

Max Craving

Game Developer
Oct 14, 2017
Hi! The answer is seems to be obvious, but I still thinking if it is right.

As I see it, Patreon bans a page, if there is incest or a rape content. And if it is not there, it will not be banned. But! What if this patch was created by original creator, not a fan? What if it contains more arts, that it become clearly that it is dev who created it? Considering that Patreon is so moral about it, how do you think – could they ban a game, if they find out that dev is making money to create incest content out of a Patreon?

おい!

Engaged Member
Mar 25, 2018
IMO this thread is pointless patreon can choose to remove any content they want, because they own the site. It is as simple as that.

Reactions: Winterfire

anne O'nymous

I'm not grumpy, I'm just coded that way.
Modder
Donor
Respected User
Jun 10, 2017
They said, more than once, that you can't use Patreon to fund a game containing banned content, even if the said content isn't promoted and/or available from your Patreon page.
So, technically they can ban the page because there's a patch including banned content. But it's not because they own the site that they have all the rights ; they are offering a service and can not end it without reason. Which imply that legally they need to prove that the page and the patch are linked. They would not kick out a creator just because someone totally unrelated have created a patch to add banned content into the game ; but they can probably ask the author to change the game so the said patch can't works anymore.

This said, more than half of the creators use patch so basics that the banned content is already inside the game, just hidden. And obviously, in this case the, "I'm not the author of the patch" excuse, will not works at all.

Reactions: Max Craving

Max Craving

Game Developer
Oct 14, 2017
They said, more than once, that you can't use Patreon to fund a game containing banned content, even if the said content isn't promoted and/or available from your Patreon page.
So, technically they can ban the page because there's a patch including banned content. But it's not because they own the site that they have all the rights ; they are offering a service and can not end it without reason. Which imply that legally they need to prove that the page and the patch are linked. They would not kick out a creator just because someone totally unrelated have created a patch to add banned content into the game ; but they can probably ask the author to change the game so the said patch can't works anymore.

This said, more than half of the creators use patch so basics that the banned content is already inside the game, just hidden. And obviously, in this case the, "I'm not the author of the patch" excuse, will not works at all.
Sounds like truth. Thanks!

polywog

Forum Fanatic
May 19, 2017
Game developers have no control over what OTHERS do with their games. If a pervert hacker makes a mod that changes my landlady into my mother, i'd be pissed about it. Ewww gross, that Is sooooo disgusting, why would someone mod my game like that, i can't believe it. What kind of animal would do such a thing to a poor defenseless game. I'm mad as hell, and i'm not gonna stand for this. My sweet landlady doesn't deserve this.

Max Craving

Game Developer
Oct 14, 2017
Game developers have no control over what OTHERS do with their games. If a pervert hacker makes a mod that changes my landlady into my mother, i'd be pissed about it. Ewww gross, that Is sooooo disgusting, why would someone mod my game like that, i can't believe it. What kind of animal would do such a thing to a poor defenseless game. I'm mad as hell, and i'm not gonna stand for this. My sweet landlady doesn't deserve this.
Yeah, I agree, but if there will be additional arts in clearly dev's style, it's probably not gonna work : D

おい!

Engaged Member
Mar 25, 2018
Well how pissed are you going to be when I also change your roommates in to my sisters?
Evil Laugh.gif