Orphanus

Oct 25, 2019
I am at a loss in regards to the alternate path for the BFF. I had the event with the stolen panties trigger & over a week has passed since then, but even after constantly walking in and out of my dorm from 18.00 o'clock until midnight (for 4 days in a row now) nothing happened.

Edit: Forget it, I'm an idiot, there are 2 events...and I want to thank the person who summarized the chain here and pointed out it's not the panties event!

That said I would really like to know if there are any pre-requesites to the "clothes stolen" event.

Edit 2: Got it, seems as if it might only trigger on weekdays, as I tried for a long time on both saturday and sunday, never getting it, but on monday after just a few times of reloading it popped up.

Last edited:
  • Red Heart
Reactions: cache-coherent
Oct 1, 2023
That said I would really like to know if there are any pre-requesites to the "clothes stolen" event.
Edit 2: Got it, seems as if it might only trigger on weekdays, as I tried for a long time on both saturday and sunday, never getting it, but on monday after just a few times of reloading it popped up.
Yup, I didn't realise this and that's true. Here are the actual requirements:
Code:
{
    passage: "EventClothesStolenBFFHelp",
    tags: ["shower", "normal"],
    frequency: 100,
    "from day": 14,
    hours: [6, 8],
    unique: true,
    weekdays: ["Monday", "Tuesday", "Wednesday", "Thursday", "Friday"],
    checkvar: "!setup.people.is_sexpartner('The Best Friend')",
    findnpc: {desiredrelationships: ["hatefuck", "rival", "indifferent"], dislikes: true},
},
So it only happens after two weeks in the game, when the hour is 6,7, or 8, on weekdays. Also there needs to be a person who hates you but that's near-guaranteed I think (there are special NPCs that'd qualify).

And the event that happens a week later is this one:
Code:
{
    passage: "EventBFFAllNighter",
    tags: ["entering dorm"],
    chance: 0.2,
    hours: [19, 24],
    weekdays: ["Sunday", "Monday", "Tuesday", "Wednesday", "Thursday"],
    checkvar: "!setup.people.is_sexpartner('The Best Friend') and $bffowefavor and $gameday - $bffowefavor gte 7 and !setup.Relationships.in_exclusive_relationship()",
},
so it only happens in late evenings (after 19:00, not 20 like I previously said), on days before a weekday. A week must have passed since the clothes event, and you must not have an exclusive partner.

Reactions: Orphanus

Orphanus

Oct 25, 2019
Yup, I didn't realise this and that's true. Here are the actual requirements:
Code:
{
    passage: "EventClothesStolenBFFHelp",
    tags: ["shower", "normal"],
    "from day": 14,
    hours: [6, 8],
    weekdays: ["Monday", "Tuesday", "Wednesday", "Thursday", "Friday"],
    checkvar: "!setup.people.is_sexpartner('The Best Friend')",
    findnpc: {desiredrelationships: ["hatefuck", "rival", "indifferent"], dislikes: true},
},
So it only happens after two weeks in the game, when the hour is 6,7, or 8, on weekdays. Also there needs to be a person who hates you but that's near-guaranteed I think (there are special NPCs that'd qualify).

And the event that happens a week later is this one:
Code:
{
    passage: "EventBFFAllNighter",
    tags: ["entering dorm"],
    chance: 0.2,
    hours: [19, 24],
    weekdays: ["Sunday", "Monday", "Tuesday", "Wednesday", "Thursday"],
    checkvar: "!setup.people.is_sexpartner('The Best Friend') and $bffowefavor and $gameday - $bffowefavor gte 7 and !setup.Relationships.in_exclusive_relationship()",
},
so it only happens in late evenings (after 19:00, not 20 like I previously said), on days before a weekday. A week must have passed since the clothes event, and you must not have an exclusive partner.
That's quite good to know! By the way do you by any chance happen to know how to advance things with the Harasser? I got the option to see her in the evenings at the photo thing & there have been a bunch of different scenes there + 1 molestation sorta sex scene in the class room. Is that the (current) extent of the interactions with that NPC? Haven't had a chance to change the like/dislike relationship as it seems, if that is even possible at all.

Oct 1, 2023
That's quite good to know! By the way do you by any chance happen to know how to advance things with the Harasser?
I haven't played this questline myself, but there's quite a lot of events... it looks like for the interesting ones you need to visit the movie production lab, getting a bunch of events that are basically pieces of dialogue, including one where the harasser tells you they have a film scholarship. After that one, when in class (with the "classroom" or "lab" types, which is most of them, but "lecture"-type classes like Intro to Psych don't quality) there's events where your homework gets stolen, and getting your homework stolen unlocks EventClassroomHarasserUltimatum where the two of you can have sex in the bathroom.
(And after that event happens, if you have Dominance 3 and have reduced the harasser's control down to -50%, you can turn tables on them).

And after fucking the harasser there's an interesting event EventClassroomHarasserBondageTrickInvite, which happens randomly when walking between campus/town locations, Thur-Sun, 18:00 to 22:59, after day 80, without having a date planned. You get a normal-looking booty call from the harasser, but if you accept and go there, they bring the rope out.

Last edited:

Orphanus

Oct 25, 2019
I haven't played this questline myself, but there's quite a lot of events... it looks like for the interesting ones you need to visit the movie production lab, getting a bunch of events that are basically pieces of dialogue, including one where the harasser tells you they have a film scholarship. After that one, when in class (with the "classroom" or "lab" types, which is most of them, but "lecture"-type classes like Intro to Psych don't quality) there's events where your homework gets stolen or sabotaged, and getting your homework stolen unlocks EventClassroomHarasserUltimatum where the two of you can have sex in the bathroom.
(And after that event happens, if you have Dominance 3 and have reduced the harasser's control down to -50%, you can turn tables on them).

And after fucking the harasser there's an interesting event EventClassroomHarasserBondageTrickInvite, which happens randomly when walking between campus/town locations, Thur-Sun, 18:00 to 22:59, after day 80, without having a date planned. You get a normal-looking booty call from the harasser, but if you accept and go there, they bring the rope out.
Ahh, thank you, so it's kinda just randomly triggering & sooner or later things proceed? Turning the tables is it's own thing though, if I understand that correctly, and not needed to get more than the groping scene?

Oct 1, 2023
Ahh, thank you, so it's kinda just randomly triggering & sooner or later things proceed? Turning the tables is it's own thing though, if I understand that correctly, and not needed to get more than the groping scene?
It's mostly just random events, I think, yeah. And turning the tables (in the particular way I was thinking of, at least) *does* require getting that "ultimatum" event where the harasser offers to go to the bathroom (but it's not necessary to go through with it).

Basically, there's the event where your homework gets stolen... but there's also a very similar event (pretty much the same requirements, it seems) where you see it coming in advance and (Dominance 1 skillgate) can trick them into submitting intentionally wrong homework. This decreases the harasser's Control, and doing it enough and having Dominance 3 and having gotten the ultimatum before unlocks EventClassroomHarasserUltimatumReverso, where they beg you for help not losing their scholarship, and you get various choices like domming them, or just getting rid of them permanently.

EDIT: oh, and you can also complain to a professor of a class the harasser is in, on a day they bully you in some way. That gets them in trouble much like sabotaging stolen homework.

Reactions: Orphanus

Orphanus

Oct 25, 2019
It's mostly just random events, I think, yeah. And turning the tables (in the particular way I was thinking of, at least) *does* require getting that "ultimatum" event where the harasser offers to go to the bathroom (but it's not necessary to go through with it).

Basically, there's the event where your homework gets stolen... but there's also a very similar event (pretty much the same requirements, it seems) where you see it coming in advance and (Dominance 1 skillgate) can trick them into submitting intentionally wrong homework. This decreases the harasser's Control, and doing it enough and having Dominance 3 and having gotten the ultimatum before unlocks EventClassroomHarasserUltimatumReverso, where they beg you for help not losing their scholarship, and you get various choices like domming them, or just getting rid of them permanently.

EDIT: oh, and you can also complain to a professor of a class the harasser is in, on a day they bully you in some way. That gets them in trouble much like sabotaging stolen homework.
Thanks again! Though you misunderstood me a bit, I don't want to go through the "turn the tables" stuff unless it's necessary to advance things with the Harasser beyond groping and the somewhat tame photography requests. I phrased it in a stupid way but what I meant to ask was if the turning the tables on the Harasser is a pre-requisite for accessing the bathroom sex scene.

Reactions: cache-coherent
Oct 1, 2023
You can just press * and it will re-roll till you get the one you want.
Thanks for this, this is super useful. I think very few people know about this, too - I thought at first it's a Sugarcube feature, but it's not, and then thought it's an obscure Twine feature, which is not it either. After going deep enough down the rabbithole I realized it's of specifically Vrelnir's fork of Sugarcube, originally made for Degrees of Lewdity. I didn't even know that CoT uses it rather than normal Sugarcube.

Reactions: anon1010 and V161L

AelphysTerra

May 13, 2020
Thanks for this, this is super useful. I think very few people know about this, too - I thought at first it's a Sugarcube feature, but it's not, and then thought it's an obscure Twine feature, which is not it either. After going deep enough down the rabbithole I realized it's of specifically Vrelnir's fork of Sugarcube, originally made for Degrees of Lewdity. I didn't even know that CoT uses it rather than normal Sugarcube.
It's a numpad thing? RIP laptop users I guess.

Oct 1, 2023
It's a numpad thing? RIP laptop users I guess.
You could use a virtual keyboard, or put into browser console something like
JavaScript:
document.addEventListener("keydown",e=>{
  if (e.key=="|"){
    document.dispatchEvent(new KeyboardEvent("keydown",{key:"*",code:"NumpadMultiply"}));
    document.dispatchEvent(new KeyboardEvent("keyup",{key:"*",code:"NumpadMultiply"}));
  }
})
to emit an artificial NumpadMultiply keypress whenever you press some key that you do have (in this example, |).

Buletti

Nov 7, 2023
Hi folks,

the game wants to force on me the inclination "Natural Odor: Let's just say you don't exactly always smell of strawberries and cream, but people are used to it from you. (Less affected by low Hygiene bar.)"

So far I could reroll it 2 times and got other inclinations. But now as much as I reroll there seem to be no other options.

I absolutely do not want this inclination and have no idea why the game thinks it would be appropriate for my MC. She sometimes showers 2 times a day and definately smells like strawberry and cream.

Could someone please elaborate what I did wrong to get this inclination and what to do to avoid it?

Thank you very much in advance!

cooldevo

Jan 30, 2021
Hi folks,

the game wants to force on me the inclination "Natural Odor: Let's just say you don't exactly always smell of strawberries and cream, but people are used to it from you. (Less affected by low Hygiene bar.)"

So far I could reroll it 2 times and got other inclinations. But now as much as I reroll there seem to be no other options.

I absolutely do not want this inclination and have no idea why the game thinks it would be appropriate for my MC. She sometimes showers 2 times a day and definately smells like strawberry and cream.

Could someone please elaborate what I did wrong to get this inclination and what to do to avoid it?

Worst case, at the prompt, just 'reject' it and move on. It still gets added to your list of available inclinations, just deactivated.

If you decide you want it at a later time (for whatever reason), go to 'Character' -> 'Character Inclinations' and embrace it. If you decide you don't want one anymore, go there and reject it. They are always there and are simple toggles it appears.

One of my characters has 18 inclinations unlocked, of with 5 are not currently active and the rest are.

Buletti

Nov 7, 2023
Worst case, at the prompt, just 'reject' it and move on. It still gets added to your list of available inclinations, just deactivated.

If you decide you want it at a later time (for whatever reason), go to 'Character' -> 'Character Inclinations' and embrace it. If you decide you don't want one anymore, go there and reject it. They are always there and are simple toggles it appears.

One of my characters has 18 inclinations unlocked, of with 5 are not currently active and the rest are.
Thanks for your answer mate!

But I am well aware of this possibility. Call it stupid or childish or whatever, but this fucking thing is not acceptable to me. I hate it with every fibre and would not want to have it in the list of inclinations at all, wether embraced or not.

If that is possible at all. I still wonder why the game forces it on me at all. Does anyone know what triggers that?

Buletti

Nov 7, 2023
I think you need 3 submissive. I got it on the first library duty after hitting 3.
May I ask how you managed to get such a high value?

I am trying for quiet some time to get even to 1. I am already way past the first holiday and only managed to get 38% compliance.

4.30 star(s) 98 Votes