Daz creating a mature character

coffeeaddicted

Apr 13, 2021
Hello,

i have a problem.
So i created my own character and i am happy if there was not one issue.
I want her to be mature.
So i know there are morphs but i don't get result i am looking for.
So what about the skin? Are there skins that emphasize mature status?
What i am looking for is a mature female visibly in her mid 40s-50s.

Like i said, i played this the aging application but it leaves me a little dissatisfied.
So i am asking here where there are more people more knowledgeable than me. :)

Thank you so much

TessaXYZ

Game Developer
Mar 24, 2020
Are you playing around with adding subtle wrinkles? Crows feet around the eyes, deeper laugh lines around the mouth? Looser skin and tissue in the face, chest, rear, legs, etc?

Reactions: coffeeaddicted

coffeeaddicted

Apr 13, 2021
Are you playing around with adding subtle wrinkles? Crows feet around the eyes, deeper laugh lines around the mouth? Looser skin and tissue in the face, chest, rear, legs, etc?
Ah, thats an asset i don't have. Let me check that out. This sounds really interesting.

anne O'nymous

I'm not grumpy, I'm just coded that way.
Modder
Donor
Respected User
Jun 10, 2017
So what about the skin? Are there skins that emphasize mature status?
Yes there are, but what matter most is the bump/normal map. And not only for the usual wrinkles, it's all the skin that become less smooth.

But this isn't the only thing you should care about. Look around you, the older is a person, the more his/her body is, hmm... I would say "is looking like the table of content of his/her life".
From the default expression on his/her face, to the way this person move, including also the way (s)he stand idle. All this come, not from the age, but from the life experience. Those who had a hard life tend to have a sad face, and the more difficult was their life, the more this sadness can be perceived even when they feel another emotion ; you'll see someone smiling, and yet you'll see that life was far to be nice for him/her.
And, as I said, this also apply to every movement, or absence of movement. Someone that have always been successful and praised will tend to stand straight, while someone who had to works hard all his/her life, even if it was as CEO, is mentally tired and tend to be more arched.
In real life it's also reflected through the eyes, but I'll pass on this one. Carrying emotions through the eyes is really difficult with 3D ; you can't realistically simulate the deepness in the gaze of someone who carry a heavy pain, or the brightness in the one of someone who feel happy when looking back at his/her life. Yet you should try to adjust a bit the reflectivity and brightness, to reach something "near enough". It should lead to eyes a bit less realistic by themselves, but convey a bit more realism to the character as a whole.

coffeeaddicted

Apr 13, 2021
Yes there are, but what matter most is the bump/normal map. And not only for the usual wrinkles, it's all the skin that become less smooth.

But this isn't the only thing you should care about. Look around you, the older is a person, the more his/her body is, hmm... I would say "is looking like the table of content of his/her life".
From the default expression on his/her face, to the way this person move, including also the way (s)he stand idle. All this come, not from the age, but from the life experience. Those who had a hard life tend to have a sad face, and the more difficult was their life, the more this sadness can be perceived even when they feel another emotion ; you'll see someone smiling, and yet you'll see that life was far to be nice for him/her.
And, as I said, this also apply to every movement, or absence of movement. Someone that have always been successful and praised will tend to stand straight, while someone who had to works hard all his/her life, even if it was as CEO, is mentally tired and tend to be more arched.
In real life it's also reflected through the eyes, but I'll pass on this one. Carrying emotions through the eyes is really difficult with 3D ; you can't realistically simulate the deepness in the gaze of someone who carry a heavy pain, or the brightness in the one of someone who feel happy when looking back at his/her life. Yet you should try to adjust a bit the reflectivity and brightness, to reach something "near enough". It should lead to eyes a bit less realistic by themselves, but convey a bit more realism to the character as a whole.
Got to say, that crafting a figure is not easy.
So far, i am actually happy with what i did and i think it makes it unique as i realized that using premade figures can be good but also lead to re-appearances.

Now, i think i went a little overboard with my adjustments.
My intention was not to make a grandma but it is what it looks like.

I used EJ face details and the aging morphs.
Bumb maps i did not consider but i think i can use an image of a person perhaps or snapshot of a model.

I am just a little tired of seeing always star models in renders. With teeth bleached like hollywood and clean skins. Not to forget silicon breasts.

Not sure if it's not possible but it surely is a challenge. It's easier to have a just a generic figure in their 20/30? I am not sure what DAZ default really is.
I think i forgot the naval to apply. I will start over and all i really need is a little more realism in the character. She should look a little aged but not late 50s. Though that wouldn't be bad if she did. But even applying HD wrinkles, for some reason i can't see them on the skin. The eye sag is surely there.
But all in all this is a great experience in how to craft a character and make it yours.

2022-10-08 07_50_12-office08.png  -  FastStone Image Viewer 7.6.png

coffeeaddicted

Apr 13, 2021
Ok, so i redid it a little.

Toned down to much of the wrinkles...and sags.

I settled for this.
In the first pic i used Kylies wrinkles 100% but that look too much.
The second it's 20% which looks better.

I added around 20% of the aging morphs. It's always hard to figure out what the percentages actually mean.

I find her looking actually good.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Reactions: Syllogism