Creating a new game,comics, just looking for advice or suggestion.

Netoro

May 9, 2017
Hello there,

Just passing by to say that i'm currently developing a new game, i'm not the type of person to post anything usually but I needed advice and counseling from the best erotic games website known to this day.
As you probably noticed, english isn't my native language which is gonna be harder to develop the game. It's currently on his very very very first stages of developement because i'm also learning in the process, which mean build a game, use DAZ, photoshop, code etc...
I'd like to start with comics first so that I can be more familiar with Daz and other techniques to improve the quality of my renders. The game and the comics will be basicly based around
NTR , Incest , Corruption etc... I'm not really sure about the script tho. I got a couples of ideas, trying stuff here and there but it's actually pretty hard to create an innovative scenario or even dialogues. I'm trying to inspire myself from real conversation that I can have with friends or family and writing it down.
Anyway the game as the comics will be from the same univers. I've created a "family" so to speak. most of the characters are done, others might be introduce later I can still change the names, those are temporary.

The Mom (natalie):

Mom Introduction 1.png

The Dad (Edward):

Dad Introduction 1.png

The Big Sister ( Jessica ):

Big Sis Introduction 1.png

The Little Sister (Madison):

little Sis Introduction 1.png

The GrandPa (Albert):

grandpa  Introduction 1.png

The MC :

MC introduction 1.png

The game will be made with RPG Maker MV. At first I wanted to make a" big brother like " game with Unity but I soon realised that it would take me forever to master the art of coding so I backed up and wanted to try with ren'py but then I checked the Tyrant code pages ( more than a 80 000 lines of code for 1 page only ) so I backed up again and went back to the source
RPG Maker, I had already some experiences with the engine. I used to create funny little games with a friend of mine. That was before I got corrupted by the lust and the pleasure of the flesh. I tried to get back on the track because I was rusty af, managed to get a decent level that could allow me to actually create something out of it * yeeeey * . I already created a time system since I couldn't find what I wanted on the internet. It's look like The Manor's time system
So the whole story will basicly take place in the house but i'll still add a city next to it so that I can introduce more characters to the story. I wanted to do something similar to big brother or the tyrant but with RPG maker...meh :/ not an easy task tbh but still doable. Here are some pics ( note that some of them doesn't look that good, early pre-alpha pre delta pre tango pre univers stage remember ?)

The Exterior :

Exterior.png

The RC :

RC.png

The 1st Floor:

1st floor.png

The 2nd Floor:

2nd floor.png

The Pool :

pool.png

The goal isn't really to make it look great i'm mainly focusing on the story and the renders and speaking of rendering i'd like your advices on different tones of light that i'm currently using I'm testing all sort of different types of light to improve myself give me your opinion on which of the photos you prefer and if there is a way to enhance it. If you got any photoshop tips i'll gladly listen to it. I realised that light does practicly 75% maybe 80% of the work in rendering this is absolutly insane. Noob tip : If you want to have a good looking render...work on the light that's the key imo.

test big sis kneeling bed 6.png
test big sis kneeling bed 7.png
test big sis kneeling bed 8.png

This one is the " Night type "
I'm still trying to figure out a way do get a good " night type "render

test big sis kneeling bed 9.png

Got a couple of other renders if you ever want to see it, just tell me.
In the wait of your counseling my dear fellows...

Keep a low profile ;)

I'm Not Thea Lundgren!

AKA: TotesNotThea
Donor
Jun 21, 2017
The character models look good.
If you want inspiration, your best bet is to read as much as you can and play as much as you can similar games to the one you want to create. I'm not saying copy them (there are plenty of devs already doing that), but it should give you some inspiration.
Good luck! :)

Netoro

May 9, 2017
The character models look good.
If you want inspiration, your best bet is to read as much as you can and play as much as you can similar games to the one you want to create. I'm not saying copy them (there are plenty of devs already doing that), but it should give you some inspiration.
Good luck! :)
Thanks for the reply :)

I did actually, played and read a lot. Whether it was games or hentai stuff. And you are totally right, a good artist copy but a great artist rob ;). I'm still trying to create something new, even tho it's kinda hard these days since, I feel like everyting has already been done :/. I'll have to scrape the bottom of my brain to find that extra inspiration needed.

I'm Not Thea Lundgren!

Donor
Jun 21, 2017
Thanks for the reply :)

I did actually, played and read a lot. Whether it was games or hentai stuff. And you are totally right, a good artist copy but a great artist rob ;). I'm still trying to create something new, even tho it's kinda hard these days since, I feel like everyting has already been done :/. I'll have to scrape the bottom of my brain to find that extra inspiration needed.
I'm helping a couple of developers at the moment with proofreading and playtesting and both are original ideas I haven't seen anywhere before, so it is possible. My own idea is also not one I've seen before. I've currently written the script for the first three episodes and storyboarded the rest of the game. :cool:

Netoro

May 9, 2017
I'm helping a couple of developers at the moment with proofreading and playtesting and both are original ideas I haven't seen anywhere before, so it is possible. My own idea is also not one I've seen before. I've currently written the script for the first three episodes and storyboarded the rest of the game. :cool:
Any Ideas of the name of the game ? Or when it will be released ? :p

Netoro

May 9, 2017
My game has a name, the release date is at least a year off, I want to finish off the writing before I get started on the artwork, of which there is none (except in my head)
Nice ! And you intend to open a patreon ?
And how do you proceed to develop your game excatly ? You start with the writing then storyboard then artwork and then coding developing ? Or is it a complete different way of proceeding ?

I'm Not Thea Lundgren!

Donor
Jun 21, 2017
Nice ! And you intend to open a patreon ?
And how do you proceed to develop your game excatly ? You start with the writing then storyboard then artwork and then coding developing ? Or is it a complete different way of proceeding ?
Storyboarding > Script > Coding > Artwork > Testing > Patreon.

I'm Not Thea Lundgren!

Donor
Jun 21, 2017
I guess I was doing it the wrong way since the beginning haha. Thanks for the tips tho ! Appreciate it
I actually missed a step - Planning comes before Storyboarding. But everyone works differently, my advice would be to plan everything out before you do anything else, the rest can then be done in any order you like. This is just my way of doing it.

Also, keep LOTS of notes, it'll help you later on if you need to come back to anything.

Netoro

May 9, 2017
I actually missed a step - Planning comes before Storyboarding. But everyone works differently, my advice would be to plan everything out before you do anything else, the rest can then be done in any order you like. This is just my way of doing it.

Also, keep LOTS of notes, it'll help you later on if you need to come back to anything.

Got it ! Thanks a lot !

Zippity

Respected User
Nov 16, 2017
Hello there,

Just passing by to say that i'm currently developing a new game, i'm not the type of person to post anything usually but I needed advice and counseling from the best erotic games website known to this day.
As you probably noticed, english isn't my native language which is gonna be harder to develop the game. It's currently on his very very very first stages of developement because i'm also learning in the process, which mean build a game, use DAZ, photoshop, code etc...
I'd like to start with comics first so that I can be more familiar with Daz and other techniques to improve the quality of my renders. The game and the comics will be basicly based around
NTR , Incest , Corruption etc... I'm not really sure about the script tho. I got a couples of ideas, trying stuff here and there but it's actually pretty hard to create an innovative scenario or even dialogues. I'm trying to inspire myself from real conversation that I can have with friends or family and writing it down.
Anyway the game as the comics will be from the same univers. I've created a "family" so to speak. most of the characters are done, others might be introduce later I can still change the names, those are temporary.

The Mom (natalie):

View attachment 405304

The Dad (Edward):

View attachment 405305

The Big Sister ( Jessica ):

View attachment 405306

The Little Sister (Madison):

View attachment 405307

The GrandPa (Albert):

View attachment 405308

The MC :

View attachment 405309

The game will be made with RPG Maker MV. At first I wanted to make a" big brother like " game with Unity but I soon realised that it would take me forever to master the art of coding so I backed up and wanted to try with ren'py but then I checked the Tyrant code pages ( more than a 80 000 lines of code for 1 page only ) so I backed up again and went back to the source
RPG Maker, I had already some experiences with the engine. I used to create funny little games with a friend of mine. That was before I got corrupted by the lust and the pleasure of the flesh. I tried to get back on the track because I was rusty af, managed to get a decent level that could allow me to actually create something out of it * yeeeey * . I already created a time system since I couldn't find what I wanted on the internet. It's look like The Manor's time system
So the whole story will basicly take place in the house but i'll still add a city next to it so that I can introduce more characters to the story. I wanted to do something similar to big brother or the tyrant but with RPG maker...meh :/ not an easy task tbh but still doable. Here are some pics ( note that some of them doesn't look that good, early pre-alpha pre delta pre tango pre univers stage remember ?)

The Exterior :

View attachment 405344

The RC :

View attachment 405345

The 1st Floor:

View attachment 405346

The 2nd Floor:

View attachment 405347

The Pool :

View attachment 405348

The goal isn't really to make it look great i'm mainly focusing on the story and the renders and speaking of rendering i'd like your advices on different tones of light that i'm currently using I'm testing all sort of different types of light to improve myself give me your opinion on which of the photos you prefer and if there is a way to enhance it. If you got any photoshop tips i'll gladly listen to it. I realised that light does practicly 75% maybe 80% of the work in rendering this is absolutly insane. Noob tip : If you want to have a good looking render...work on the light that's the key imo.

View attachment 405364
View attachment 405365
View attachment 405367

This one is the " Night type "
I'm still trying to figure out a way do get a good " night type "render

View attachment 405368

Got a couple of other renders if you ever want to see it, just tell me.
In the wait of your counseling my dear fellows...

Keep a low profile ;)
I usually avoid RPGM games personally, but I figured I'ld help out with suggestions/comments/etc...

As to the character renders, besides the one character that reminds me too much of Eric, the rest of the character models you posted look unique, as I don't immediately recognize any of them besides the Eric looking character... The two younger models, just be careful with how young you make the models look, as you may run into trouble with ensuring they look the appropriate legal adult age for including in sexual content... Different countries have varying laws on visual representation of age 18+ looking models, regardless what age you claim they are... Even some sites like this one have their standing rules with regards to the visual representation of characters in sexual based encounters/scenes...

As the the examples of various lighting with the female model posing on the bed, the first shot looks the best... The second shot looks slightly blurry, where as the 3rd shot has the lighting far too bright... The night time shot looks as though it's a full moon with the window open, but looks alright, as it sets the proper mood for a more night time picture...

I can't comment much on the RPGM screen shots, as again, I'm not a fan at all of RPGM game play... But I understand it's a much easier game creation engine to work with for a beginning VN/Game developer...

As to other advice, if it's a comic, then the layout of how you present the visuals, as well as the character models themselves, will be some of the most important aspects of helping to tell the story... Through the visuals and well told story text/dialogue/narration, the emotional context of the two mixed together in the right ways will help not only tell the story itself but portray the emotional impact of any given character as well as event... If you haven't already done so, check out varying styles of erotic comics available to look at, in order to just get a better understanding of the layouts and flow of how both comics and even manga tends to go about portraying characters and various scenarios...

As to advice regarding Visual Novels/Games of an erotic nature, there are a crap ton of examples of what not to do available out there... I would pay more attention to what seems to work best for the more popular developers to get a better understanding of what makes a good VN/Game, especially if you plan to be more Story focused... Then come up with a basic outline and plan of action for how you want to do your own VN/Game... Pre-Planning is key to ensuring you keep on track, and will also help with both story continuity and character development... I typically suggest making a Story Outline from the beginning of the story to the end, to include any side story arcs, and/or interweaving story arcs ( especially if you plan to offer up choice based play with altering story arcs)... You don't need to add all the details right off the bat if you don't want to, and you can always change things as development progresses... But having that basic outline helps you keep everything straight...

If you don't plan to create all the artwork yourself, you may also want to create basic storyboards (even if they are just stick figures with arrows and scribbled in notes) to show the artist how you generally want the various scenes to look like and/or play out... It helps direct the artist, and ensure your envisioning of the story stays more on par with what you want, in order to keep the story telling on track... Allowing a partner artist far too much creative license might compromise the integrity of how you want the story to flow, or even cause you to have to alter things far too much, in order to keep the whole thing straight... That could lead to story telling chaos...

Hope some of that helps...

Best of luck on your project...

Zip