Creating an "ultrabed" in 3dcg

megaplayboy10k

Apr 16, 2018
So, a few of the game ideas I have include the concept of a ginormous bed as not just a prop but a meaningful plot element. IRL such beds exist(albeit they are enormously expensive):

A rather obvious observation is that one could fit a rather sizable number of people atop such a monster bed. I tend to doubt such props already exist, and upsizing a regular mattress might not give me the dimensions I am looking for. Any thoughts?

megaplayboy10k

Apr 16, 2018
You can scale any bed > further use 4k+ textures for better quality
So I can make it wider and longer without being much "taller". Thanks. 3d noob here. I've noodled around before but trying to step it up a bit. If that's the case then I just need to figure out how to make a "freaky looking" customized headboard. Thanks.

DSSAlex

Aug 19, 2017
So I can make it wider and longer without being much "taller". Thanks. 3d noob here. I've noodled around before but trying to step it up a bit. If that's the case then I just need to figure out how to make a "freaky looking" customized headboard. Thanks.
In most 3d modeling software you can scale objects in different ways. In Daz3D you can just scale the width and depth without touching the height. I would second the advice for a larger texture (or at least a tiling texture) for the comforter/blanket.

uradamus

Jan 4, 2018
Something like that would be really simple to make. It would be a perfect starter project to get into something like Blender. Hell, I've modeled 2 beds in it just yesterday for my own game in an hour or so. Though just the frames and mattresses, as I wasn't in the mood to deal with making natural looking corner folds for the blankets just yet. I might get around to that tonight though depending on where my mood takes me. Right now I'm focused on working out a modular solution for hair cards.