VertigoAVN

Game Developer
Sep 12, 2021
Took me a while to figure how to leave a review (you have to click on those damn stars! xD) but it's done. Definitely a five stars debut in my book, thanks for the share Vertigo.
I've struggled with this issue before as well, so don't worry. :illuminati:
Thanks for your awesome and in-depth review, my friend! I hope you stick around for v0.2. :Kappa:

Ddraigon

Game Compressor
Donor
Jul 16, 2020
Crimson High [v0.2.2] [Vertigo]

Original PC : 890 MB
Original Mac : 855 MB

Compressed PC (274 MB) :
Compressed Mac (240 MB) :

This Compression is Unofficial and may break your game.

popabear

Jul 11, 2019
I'm sorry but I almost can't play this game because of how every character instead of a nose has a slit on their face. Is everyone in this game related to Voldemort? Don't people have noses in Japan? It's such a strange design choice I really don't get it at all.

SiuKim

Jul 27, 2018
Dev. You have no idea how happy I am to see someone making a Detective murder mystery game. Also those tags. This is now the game I'm most excited on this site. GODSPEED

Reactions: VertigoAVN

VertigoAVN

Game Developer
Sep 12, 2021
I'm sorry but I almost can't play this game because of how every character instead of a nose has a slit on their face. Is everyone in this game related to Voldemort? Don't people have noses in Japan? It's such a strange design choice I really don't get it at all.
As long as it's just almost, lol. I hope you'll enjoy the game anyway. :Kappa:

Dev. You have no idea how happy I am to see someone making a Detective murder mystery game. Also those tags. This is now the game I'm most excited on this site. GODSPEED
Ha, thank you! I love to hear that. I'd also love to hear what you think of it, once you're done. :)
Maybe come join our for some theory crafting afterward, too. It's fun over there. :illuminati:

• Red Heart
Reactions: SiuKim

popabear

Jul 11, 2019
I'm playing though it right now and I'm enjoying the shit out of the writing and the story so far. It's very nice to play a smart and witty MC for once. That fact alone makes you really stand out.

I'll be back when I've finished it with some final thoughts.

SiuKim

Jul 27, 2018

Ha, thank you! I love to hear that. I'd also love to hear what you think of it, once you're done. :)
Maybe come join our for some theory crafting afterward, too. It's fun over there. :illuminati:
I'm down I'll join later today

VertigoAVN

Game Developer
Sep 12, 2021
I'm playing though it right now and I'm enjoying the shit out of the writing and the story so far. It's very nice to play a smart and witty MC for once. That fact alone makes you really stand out.

I'll be back when I've finished it with some final thoughts.
Awesome! I'm looking forward to hearing your opinion about it. :)

Rodrigoofb

Aug 24, 2020
Man i really like what i have seen so far from the game, i just love these murder mistery type stories. But as we progress through the game i can't help but think how i am not cut out to be a detective, all the mistery, lies and omission, it would drive me crazy instantly. But i love it anyway :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:
Excelent work man, keep it up(y)

popabear

Jul 11, 2019
Nooooo that cliffhanger!

This is like waking up from a really good dream. I want to go back!

I'll type out a full review soon but the gist of it will be this is a fucking masterpiece in the making. Well done Sir! (Madam?).

I'm almost in disbelief, this is so good. I hope you'll keep this up and that you can keep the quality this high consistently over time. MY GOD do I wanna see how this ends!

Your writing and visual storytelling is no joke a level above anything else I've ever seen in the lewd gaming world.
- And let me tell you, I'm a true degenerate and I've seen a lot. I'm really really impressed! There's subtle details everywhere. Very well done!

Then there's the humor. It's spectacular. You had me for real lauging out loud a couple of times. This happens very rarely, I'm a jaded sonofabitch.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Simply amazing stuff!

Now, with the dicksucking out of the way, let me give you some constructive feedback:

Now about the visuals. If there's an area in which you can improve, it's definitely this.
- Im not at all a fan of the "manga eyes" or whatever it's called. The XD faces and whatnot. I feel the game has a serious undertone and these faces completely break my immersion. It feels a bit, i dont know, childish? I think you can figure out how to show their "real" faces expressing these emotions instead of resorting to anime tropes.
- Then there's the Voldemort noses. When the girls faces are shown from the front, the nose is just a slit. That just looks weird. Maybe it's just a stylistic thing and I don't get it, but I don't like it. When their heads are shown in profile or slightly from the side, they look fine though.
I'll definitely look past it though because the storytelling is just too damn good.

I really don't care if the visuals are lacking, you'll definitely get a 5/5 by me. The writing and visual storytelling is 11/5 just by itself.

You've earned yourself another Patron, when my paycheck comes in. I'm joining the p.o.o.p. cult. Really looking forward to more.

Peace.

Last edited:

popabear

Jul 11, 2019
Discord link doesn't work for me. :'(

Edit: it works if I paste it directly in the Discord app, but I can't follow the web link.

Last edited:

VertigoAVN

Game Developer
Sep 12, 2021
Discord link doesn't work for me. :'(
Try the one in the OP, maybe? It should work fine. If it doesn't work either, I'll send you another link via dm. :illuminati:
I'll reply to your (awesome) review above in a minute. :)

VertigoAVN

Game Developer
Sep 12, 2021
Man i really like what i have seen so far from the game, i just love these murder mistery type stories. But as we progress through the game i can't help but think how i am not cut out to be a detective, all the mistery, lies and omission, it would drive me crazy instantly. But i love it anyway :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:
Excelent work man, keep it up(y)
Thank you very much! I'll try my best to keep this level going forward. :)
Being a detective is probably really hard, yeah. You'll probably be paranoid before too long with all those lies and hidden agendas. :illuminati:

Nice update (y)

Miko looks like a female Bell Cranel :Kappa:
Gracias!
She kinda does, yeah. I haven't seen DanMachi (thx Google, lol) before, but looking at him, there's definitely some kind of resemblance. What does it mean, tho?! :illuminati::Kappa:

VertigoAVN

Game Developer
Sep 12, 2021
Nooooo that cliffhanger!

This is like waking up from a really good dream. I want to go back!

I'll type out a full review soon but the gist of it will be this is a fucking masterpiece in the making. Well done Sir! (Madam?).

I'm almost in disbelief, this is so good. I hope you'll keep this up and that you can keep the quality this high consistently over time. MY GOD do I wanna see how this ends!

Your writing and visual storytelling is no joke a level above anything else I've ever seen in the lewd gaming world.
- And let me tell you, I'm a true degenerate and I've seen a lot. I'm really really impressed! There's subtle details everywhere. Very well done!
I'm sorry that you had to wake up, but there will be more before too long, don't you worry. :)

Masterpiece, eh? I don't know about that, but thank you very much either way. I appreciate this a whole lot! And it's 'Sir'. :Kappa:

Quality-wise I hope I can even improve it a little more going forward, since I'll get more experienced and confident. At the very least I will try to keep the current level tho, yes. :)

I can only repeat myself, but: thank you! This means a lot to me and I'd be happy to be able to do this for a living at some point in the future. Feedback like this motivates me to press on to get there and I can't thank you not enough!
Regarding the details: Did you find the eastereggs? :illuminati:

Now about the visuals. If there's an area in which you can improve, it's definitely this.
- Im not at all a fan of the "manga eyes" or whatever it's called. The XD faces and whatnot. I feel the game has a serious undertone and these faces completely break my immersion. It feels a bit, i dont know, childish? I think you can figure out how to show their "real" faces expressing these emotions instead of resorting to anime tropes.
- Then there's the Voldemort noses. When the girls faces are shown from the front, the nose is just a slit. That just looks weird. Maybe it's just a stylistic thing and I don't get it, but I don't like it. When their heads are shown in profile or slightly from the side, they look fine though.
I'll definitely look past it though because the storytelling is just too damn good.

I really don't care if the visuals are lacking, you'll definitely get a 5/5 by me. The writing and visual storytelling is 11/5 just by itself.
Hmm, I get that this is not to everyone's tastes, but I personally like this kind of style and I'll stick to it. There's definitely serious elements to this game/story, but it also doesn't take itself too seriously in general. I strive to achieve a balance between serious and lighthearted that blends together into one good story in the end. We'll have to see if I succeed in doing so. :Kappa:
The nose issue is just something that we'll have to live with, since it's now a part of my characters style. Also I personally don't mind it as well. I hope you can look past that in future updates, too. :p

Thank you very much for that awesome rating and review. This makes me happy as duck. :)

Everything that I've not addressed in this reply, I'll address on my Discord, to avoid spoilers and also to avoid an overlong wall of text on here.

Cheers! :illuminati:

Reactions: Tinuss

The Daydreamer

Donor
May 13, 2018

Now that you say it, it seems fairly obvious. I would be a shitty detective, it didn't even cross my mind while playing :ROFLMAO:

4.50 star(s) 81 Votes