Ciaran8023

Jun 4, 2018
So, I'm something like halfway-ish through the game thus far (atleast that I estimate by checking with the WT to see whereabouts I'm at) and.. it's not bad. The writing is good, the story is pretty interesting and the characters are pretty fleshed out in regards to behaviour, quirks and backstory but I don't think this really is for me due to a few reasons.

Firstly being that even though the game basically is a slice-of-life romcom anime, there are some things in there that my brain is basically telling me "this should be taken seriously" which, obviously, doesn't really work given how the VN is structured. Again, not really anything bad, just not something I can vibe with.

Secondly is that the MC is just a tad daft. Like very much so. Again this is pretty much due to it being more of a slice-of-life romcom anime where a daft MC is a staple.

Thirdly is that I just truly dislike deus ex machina scenarios where the MC is at the center of a plot that everyone seems to know about yet no one tells him about it, and he's just getting pulled at the whims of some omnipotent onlooker. Personally it just kind of ruins the feeling of player agency and is probably my least favourite thing in fiction overall.

But yeah, clearly this works for a lot of people and I can't fault anything besides the things I have personal issues with so the dev is clearly doing something right and should keep at it.

I'll finish playing through to the end, I'm 99% sure that I won't change my mind but the game quality is good enough that I might aswell.

4.40 star(s) 96 Votes