Others Crisis Point: Extinction [v0.47] [Anon42]

4.60 star(s) 29 Votes

Anon42

Game Developer
Jan 30, 2017
Hey Anon how many more levels and enemies do you plan to add to the game?
Let's see.. There's only one more major new area to be added, for a total of 5 (Caves, Summit, Deep Soil, Catacombs, and the remaining one), though each area is going to be expanded beyond their current state, so there will be plenty more to explore. For enemies, we plan to have a total of 15 normal enemies and 5 (maybe 6) bosses. Right now we have 8 regular enemies if you include the Lurker that's being added this update, and 3 bosses, so that's 7 more regular enemies and 2-3 more bosses depending.

Anon42

Game Developer
Jan 30, 2017
Do you plan on putting in more futanari enemies? I really like this game for having so many fetishes!
Thanks! I don't plan on adding more futanari enemies right now - while it's one of my top fetishes, I know it's not a fetish for everyone, and since we didn't introduce it into Crisis Point until quite a ways into development, I don't want to alienate those who aren't into it. We do have the toggle option, but that would mean a lot less H-content for those who don't like it, so I don't want to go too far. That being said, I am heavily considering making my next game futa-centric!

leninja13579

Dec 5, 2017
Let's see.. There's only one more major new area to be added, for a total of 5 (Caves, Summit, Deep Soil, Catacombs, and the remaining one), though each area is going to be expanded beyond their current state, so there will be plenty more to explore. For enemies, we plan to have a total of 15 normal enemies and 5 (maybe 6) bosses. Right now we have 8 regular enemies if you include the Lurker that's being added this update, and 3 bosses, so that's 7 more regular enemies and 2-3 more bosses depending.
Thanks for the info.

Reactions: Anon42

Hentaiwichser

Oct 22, 2017
Thanks! I don't plan on adding more futanari enemies right now - while it's one of my top fetishes, I know it's not a fetish for everyone, and since we didn't introduce it into Crisis Point until quite a ways into development, I don't want to alienate those who aren't into it. We do have the toggle option, but that would mean a lot less H-content for those who don't like it, so I don't want to go too far. That being said, I am heavily considering making my next game futa-centric!
Thats a pity, but I can understand that most people dont like the futa aspect. If your next game has the same animation quality and is this pixel metroidvania style. I can't wait to play it!

Anon42

Game Developer
Jan 30, 2017
Do you think there could be cum fetish?
Or anal?
If you mean a scene completely focused on cum, honestly not sure. I haven't thought about it, and I can't say I'm too interested in the idea myself, but who knows, maybe someday. There IS an anal scene with the tentacles, though - there's anal in both their sprite animation and CGs, and we'll probably have some more anal in the game later on too.

Thats a pity, but I can understand that most people dont like the futa aspect. If your next game has the same animation quality and is this pixel metroidvania style. I can't wait to play it!
Well, I can tell you right now that it'll most likely still be pixel art, and I don't plan on reducing our animation quality (though the gameplay sprites will likely be a bit smaller so we can develop quicker), but it won't be another Metroidvania, sorry to disappoint. I want to branch out and develop other types of games too, rather than just becoming known for being a "Metroidvania dev" or anything like that. I can't tell you exactly what kind of game it'll be yet, but I have no shortage of ideas, that's for sure

Mar 15, 2019
Hey great game ANON !

I was disapointed when I saw that you needed to change things for patreon, I wanted to try the last version when their was no problem with consent.
Is it possible to download the version 0.29 for free? Or if pay on patreon, would i be able to download it and have all the non-consensual sex content ?

Anon42

Game Developer
Jan 30, 2017
Hey great game ANON !

I was disapointed when I saw that you needed to change things for patreon, I wanted to try the last version when their was no problem with consent.
Is it possible to download the version 0.29 for free? Or if pay on patreon, would i be able to download it and have all the non-consensual sex content ?
Thanks, glad you like the game! I don't release old Patreon builds for free, but yes, you can still download old versions on Patreon by pledging, you'll just need to scroll through the download link tag. v0.27h1 is the last update before the changes started though, so if you're looking for the newest possible version before any changes happened, that's the one you should be looking for, not v0.29

Reactions: Anders Oppenheimer

Anon42

Game Developer
Jan 30, 2017
(Copy-paste from our If you like what you see, )

Hey everybody! Time for another CP:E weekly dev update. Sorry this one is later in the day than usual, my schedule is all sorts of screwy lately and I've been waking up really late because of it.

Database UI_dummytext.png

To get the update started, we have the image up above, showcasing a mockup for the data disc menu. If you remember, data discs are a new feature we're adding in this update that'll be used for a number of things - rewatching one-time-only story CGs, reading lore/bestiary entries on enemies and plantlife, and more. I plan on having it be accessible from the pause menu rather than needing to go back to the camp to use it, though I'm not entirely sure yet where it should go in the menu. I'm thinking of having it be a button in the Status menu, but if you have any better ideas, feel free to let me know!

That's all the direct visual stuff I have to show off this update - like I mentioned recently, there's not a whole lot of visuals I can show off for the rest of this update cycle, as a lot of it is just retiling old rooms, making new ones, and adding in new features, like the data discs. Aside from that, though, this week I spent my time writing more stuff related to the mystery NPC I showed off a bit ago - I realized one of the things related to their story didn't really make sense in the grand scheme of things, so I had to take a step back and rewrite parts of it, but I think I'm happier with the direction it's going now. I also implemented the function of having Alicia auto-masturbate on "death" rather than just getting knocked out - I think I've mentioned it before here, but this change, along with others I have planned, will reinforce the idea that Alicia's "health" is more of a representation of her willpower to resist her desires, rather than her physical wellbeing, so when it runs out, she gives in to that lust. In addition to those things, I also started getting the new CGs implemented - one of them is nearly complete now, and the other still has a bit to go, but should be done in time for the release of this update.

I will say though that I'm growing increasingly uncertain if we'll make it in time for a mid-April release date; this update might end up getting delayed a bit, but I'll do my best to make sure it still gets released in April if we do have to delay it. I'm still in a bit of a funk to be honest, having a lot of trouble getting through it this time, BUT things have definitely been improving and I've been getting a lot more done over the past week or two. The rest of the team is working hard too, with Orexius still working on Lurker animations, Kuso and our actors plugging away at CGs, and Puffernutter working with me to finish up the Caves tileset rework. Speaking of the caves, thanks to the more dramatic changes we're making to that tileset, it's going to end up taking more of my time to rework the caves tiles than I had initially hoped - it'll result in the place looking MUCH nicer than before, but I'll probably have to hold off on really working on the Deep Soil and Catacombs areas much because of it. Right now the place looks like a mismatched mess and I really don't want to be releasing the update in that shape. Puffernutter has offered to try helping out with tiling rooms in-engine though, so we should be able to get it done quicker in the future if that works out.

Alrighty, that's enough outta me for this update. I still want to try and start streaming again soon, though at the moment the big thing stopping me there is my schedule being messed up, like I mentioned above. Once I get that fixed up I should hopefully be able to start regularly streaming development again, so I'll keep you updated on that. Thank you all so much for your support, and I'll see you in the next update!

Reactions: TheDumbOne

mnervik

Mar 3, 2018
@Anon42 There is a bug in the beginning of the game. The first time you meet a solider, if you enter the elevator instead of shooting the guard, the next cuscene is triggered, and if you try to skip the new cutscene you get this error. err.png

Anon42

Game Developer
Jan 30, 2017
@Anon42 There is a bug in the beginning of the game. The first time you meet a solider, if you enter the elevator instead of shooting the guard, the next cuscene is triggered, and if you try to skip the new cutscene you get this error. View attachment 276422
Thanks for the report! Can't believe I forgot to lock off so many interactables during that scene, I'll make sure it gets fixed.

Anon42

Game Developer
Jan 30, 2017

Hey everybody, time for another CP:E weekly development update! Things are starting to look up this week. I'm feeling pretty stressed out right now due to taxes and being a bit behind on development of the game, but I'm succeeding in using that stress to fuel better habits this time around, so no need to worry about me. The best thing for me in these situations is to get productive.

Soldier recolors.gif

First off this week is the gif up above. I MIGHT have talked about this before, so forgive me if I have, the gif up above is actually somewhat old. The Warped Soldier is one of the first enemies introduced in the game; as such, his damage numbers are extremely low. Once Alicia has an HP upgrade or two, he's incapable of dealing enough damage to be relevant at all. I could have enemy damage scale based on how much HP you have, but that's the lamest possible way to do it. One of the funnest parts of a Metroidvania, imo, is to be able to go back to earlier areas in the lategame and absolutely dominate them with your new upgrades, so in order to keep that spirit alive, I've decided to introduce enemy recolors into Crisis Point - in later/deeper areas of the game, you'll run into recolored versions of enemies that will have bolstered stats (mostly damage, not so much health). I'm still undecided on if I want to give them entirely new moves in addition to higher stats, it'll depend on if I feel like they need 'em. But this will allow me a relatively low-effort way to continue using early-game enemies in my encounter design, without those enemies being trivial to deal with. The colors will be reflected in H-scene animations, naturally (though the poses and animations will NOT be different for recolors, just the colors), but the CGs will always be based on their first color variation.

Anyway, aside from that, this week I focused on bug testing and retiling the Caves areas, as I mentioned I'd be doing last week. The good news is that retiling the Caves is nearly done! While it was more effort than initially expected, UNLIKE the Summit retiling, I was still able to leave a lot of the old tiles I already placed unchanged, which sped up the process immensely. Right now, I'm just waiting on the finished Caves tileset before I can finish polishing up every room, but the majority of rooms are good to go. As for bugtesting, it's always a joy. Somehow, this week, my audio seems to have started bugging out, and the music files are now looping after ~30 seconds or so despite me not having touched any of the code related to audio in months. It's always something :' )

Alright, that's enough outta me for this week. I'm still going to try my best to have this update done by mid-April, though it's likely it'll get pushed to late-April, and some things won't make it in, like the Deep Soil rework and the NPC I teased recently. I'm going to go ahead and stop focusing on a few things like those, and instead focus on finishing everything else we had planned for this update and bringing them all up to snuff. Lots of writing in my future, that's for sure. I'll see you all in the next update!

hoolighan

Oct 26, 2017
So I played through the game a bit, am stuck now, can't access any new areas and can't help but feel I would be able to reach them if I had a double jump. Is there one in the game and I just missed it?

Anon42

Game Developer
Jan 30, 2017
So I played through the game a bit, am stuck now, can't access any new areas and can't help but feel I would be able to reach them if I had a double jump. Is there one in the game and I just missed it?
Nope, there is no double jump currently, except for a debug cheat you can access after reaching the end of the beta. I'm not sure how far you are in the game, but assuming you're playing the Patreon version and not the public demo that ends much earlier, the two most common areas people seem to get stuck on are after collecting the Wire Shot (at which point you have to find a platform you can pull down in the right side of the Summit, to let you progress upwards), or after getting the Dash/beating the 2nd boss (at which point you have to go back to the Caves and look for a laser barrier you can use the Dash ability to get past). Let me know if you're stuck somewhere else though and I can give some advice.

Anon42

Game Developer
Jan 30, 2017

Hey everybody, time for another CP:E weekly development update! This week is pretty light on the visual department, much like other recent updates - there's just not much more to show off visually for this update.

CG teaser.png

First off, here's a little teaser of that secret 2nd CG I mentioned a few updates ago! Some of you might recognize the second girl, in which case it won't be hard to put two and two together. And no, Alicia won't have a demon/succubus transformation, no matter what this image teaser might make you think. I also want to mention that this CG will be added to the public demo as well, alongside a bugfix update, sometime in early May, but $10 Patrons will get access to it first in the upcoming v0.34. A lot of my work this week has actually been related to this and the Lurker CG, too - picking out takes from our actors, editing the audio, and getting it all put together ingame. On the subject of audio, I also went back and had Rodriguez' actor record a slightly altered line in one of the early cutscenes - there was a line that stood out a bit and seemed untrue, and it was bugging me for a while, so I finally altered it this week. Not a particularly big development, but hey, trivia is fun.

Aside from that, this week I spent time taking the Database mockup from last week and turning it into an actual in-game menu. I think for now I'm just going to put it in the Options menu, to keep things simple, but I really want to figure out a good place to put it, I'm just not sure where it'd fit best yet. In any case, I'm not sure if I've detailed the Database menu yet, so let's get into that a bit shall we? The Database menu will be used for all sorts of things - as I've detailed before, you'll find Data Discs while exploring the game, and each one will open up new entries in the Database, from things like enemy lore entries, re-viewing cutscenes (that feature won't be implemented for a while), re-viewing one-time-only CGs, etc. I'm not sure if I want to make enemy lore entries unlocked via Data Discs, by defeating them, by watching their CGs, or even some other way I haven't come up with yet - maybe I'll hold a poll on that one?

Aside from that, right now, we're mostly focused on trying to finish up all of the things that have been mostly implemented but not quite finished in this update, to bring everything to a publicly playable state. To get this update out in April, I'll definitely end up needing to scrap some of the things I wanted to do, and I'm sorry for that, but luckily it'll mostly be smaller things like recolored enemies or new rooms in the Catacombs. There will still be a new H-scene and 2 new CGs with this update, so hopefully it won't be too disappointing that there won't be more to explore yet! Next update I'll make sure to focus more on content creation.

Anyway, that's enough outta me for this update. Thanks so much for reading everybody, and for supporting us as we make this game a reality - it means the world to us. I'll see you all in the next update!

SonicMan1234

Mar 17, 2019
I wonder, are you guys gonna put this on Steam in some form eventually? This is one of the few lewd games I've seen with actually good gameplay and game design.

Anon42

Game Developer
Jan 30, 2017
I wonder, are you guys gonna put this on Steam in some form eventually? This is one of the few lewd games I've seen with actually good gameplay and game design.
Thanks, man, that means a lot! I definitely plan on putting it on Steam once the game is done. The current plan right now is to make a SFW version of the game, and offer a free DLC for it that adds the NSFW content back in, much like House Party does.

4.60 star(s) 29 Votes