Others Crisis Point: Extinction [v0.47] [Anon42]

4.60 star(s) 29 Votes

Anon42

Game Developer
Jan 30, 2017
Are we gonna see any more humanoid bosses??
Probably not, I'm trying to avoid planning any more humanoid enemies in general, as I want to emphasize the "alien" part of the planet more with the remaining enemy cast. There are still a few more humanoid normal enemies that have already been planned, but I doubt there will be more humanoid bosses specifically.

Thanks for replying.
My resolution is 1360x768, maybe that's why I can't change size. For the confirm and cancel keys I reset them to default and they seem to work, it also worked if I rebound them to anything else too afterwards.. It seems the problem is with the Enter key on the confirm button, I can change the confirm key to anything and the menu works fine except for the Enter key, I can also change the cancel to Enter and it doesn't have problem so the only problem is when confirm is bound to Enter. I guess I'll just have to use something else for now.
Yeah, that's definitely why you can't change screen size then, the game just wouldn't fit on your monitor even at 2x. Unfortunately pixels look awful if you try to upscale in anything but whole numbers, so it only supports whole numbers (unless you use fullscreen, which will scale to fit your screen while preserving aspect ratio, but unfortunately leads to uneven pixels because of it). As for the controls, thank you for testing it so thoroughly! I have some guesses as to why it could be bugging out like that, so I'll get it on my list for fixing asap.

Reactions: blabla12

Onkin

Sep 15, 2018
I just played the new public demo. Does this equal v.33?

Also I must say that the second boss fight is ridicously hard in the new version. I'm playing on normal and the 3rd boss phase is impossible to beat for me after about 15 tries.

Anon42

Game Developer
Jan 30, 2017
I just played the new public demo. Does this equal v.33?

Also I must say that the second boss fight is ridicously hard in the new version. I'm playing on normal and the 3rd boss phase is impossible to beat for me after about 15 tries.
Nope. The public demo is missing loads of content that the Patreon-only demos have; the goal of the new public demo is not to bring it up to the Patreon demos in content, I don't plan on ever giving out more playable content beyond the 2nd boss fight in public demos, but rather to add all of the new features and mechanics and polish that we've given the game over the years. The old public demo, v0.13, was ridiculously old and outdated, and really did not give a proper impression of what the game is like now. As for specifically this update we just put out to the public demo, it's mostly bugfixes, but also the Spooky Starlets content.

As for the second boss, it's definitely intended to be a challenge - but have you upgraded Alicia at all? It's totally possible to beat the boss with no upgrades at all, but I'd highly recommend exploring and seeking out upgrades, like more max health and skill points, to help make him easier to manage. By that boss fight I expect the player to have at least 1 max health upgrade, fighting him with the default 99 health is a lot more challenging. There's also a well-hidden blaster chip upgrade in the Summit that can absolutely annihilate the 2nd boss, so if you manage to find that it'll help a lot too.

Anon42

Game Developer
Jan 30, 2017
no more dying or getting hit for h scenes ?
You can get the animated sprite H-scenes after running out of HP in the most recent Patreon build (they're the same H-scenes as the ones you get for masturbating near enemies), but the game over CGs have been moved and are no longer Game Over content. Insteazd, you access them by capturing enemies and then talking to Birch back at camp.

Reactions: palichan

Anon42

Game Developer
Jan 30, 2017
I managed to get to the jungle portion but now I'm stuck on where to go next. The character can not swim underwater nor can she jump to the higher places to get the upgrades. Is this all for the public build right now?
The jungle area isn't in the public build - at least not the most recent ones. If you're playing in that area, you're either playing the REEEEALLY old public demo from years ago, or you're playing a pirated Patreon build (if you got the download from this topic then it's a Patreon build - if there's no main menu screen, it's the really old demo). If it's the really old public demo, then yeah, the game ends in the Deep Soil - if it's the Patreon build though, then in the Deep Soil you can get the Kilogrip upgrade, and once you get that you can go back to the Summit and climb up higher towards the upper right area. Once you reach new rooms, you can probably figure out where to go from there!

Anon42

Game Developer
Jan 30, 2017
(The following is (mostly) a copy-paste from our ! If you like what you see, )

Hey everybody! Before I get into it, I want to apologize for skipping so many weekly updates - I passed a few up because we were working on the public demo update along with a marketing push, so I was focused on that, and to be honest marketing really drains me, so I ended up taking a vacation from work after that. That being said, I should've at least posted last weekend to let you all know what was up - in the future, even if I don't have any progress to report, I'll make sure to always release an update every week, as long as I am able to, even if it's just to let you know that nothing has been done and to explain why.
With that out of the way though, it's time for this week's Crisis Point: Extinction development update!

First off, we have recolored enemies! We did a lot of work on implementing enemy recolors this week. The Warped Soldier enemy's recolor work is fully completed, and the Warped Sentry isn't far off - here's a shot of one of the Warped Soldier recolors in action.
For those of you who haven't seen my previous posts on the matter, recolored enemies are currently ONLY an increase in enemy damage dealt - I do want to give them unique attacks eventually, but they will NOT be getting unique H-scenes, and their HP values won't go up either so they won't be any more difficult to take down. At the moment it's purely their damage values, so that those enemies can remain a relevant threat as Alicia gains more maximum health.

Next up is the Warped Sentry, who has received an overhaul in her riot shield's design to make it a bit more interesting (don't worry, this is just a censored version of her design, she still has her torn clothing ingame)
And here's the old design for comparison.
The shield redesign was done not only to make it look sleeker, but also to allow us to recolor it more easily - the highlight gives it a much more metallic look, which allows us to convey what it is more easily no matter what we recolor it to - and since the Sentry's most prominent design feature is her shield, I wanted to be able to recolor it so the player can easily tell what "level" of Sentry they're going up against.

Next, we have a "new" enemy! To get the bad news out of the way first, this is an idea I kinda came up with last minute - and because of the design implications it has for the Deep Soil, I'm thinking it's very likely that I'll either have to delay v0.35 a bit, or the Deep Soil rework won't be completely done in this one update like I was aiming for. I'll have further updates for you on that as development of v0.35 progresses, but for now, the good news! This is one I think a lot of fans will be happy to see, and unlike most "recolors", this enemy will essentially function as a miniboss version of the enemy it's based on - and because of that special status, it will receive new H-scenes as well.
Don't worry, she'll still have her.. signature assets.. in the actual game. It's just censored for the purpose of making a public post on Patreon ; )
Now, for why there are 4 different color schemes here, I haven't been able to decide between themto save my life. If you have a favorite, hop on by our Patreon page and !

This next bit isn't on the public Patreon post, since there's no getting around how NSFW it is, but I would've made it public there if I could. In addition to everything up above, I also went and updated the Warped Soldier's H-scenes a bit to give him and Alicia better facial animation, along with some other small touchups! Here's the new animations:

And here's the old loop for comparison:

Alright, that's about it for this week! Orexius got some time off work and he'll be coming over to my place for a while, so expect some dev streams to happen over the next two weeks! Thanks to all of you for your patience, love, and support! I'll see you all in the next weekly update!
-A42

D

Deleted member 1038275

Is there a guideto this game? or a new releease out. the one posted at the from forum thing seems a bit outdated

Anon42

Game Developer
Jan 30, 2017
Is there a guideto this game? or a new releease out. the one posted at the from forum thing seems a bit outdated
I haven't written up a current guide yet, sorry. I'd be happy to give you some guidance if you let me know where you're stuck though!

how to find the 3rd boss, or more likely that I don't know where to go next I got lost
3rd boss is in the Deep Soil. To get there, you'll need to go back to the Caves once you have the Dash powerup, and search in the bottom left-ish area of the caves for a ceiling with a beam coming down from it. You can dash through that beam to reach the Deep Soil, and you can find the 3rd boss there by exploring thoroughly.

(The following is (mostly) a copy-paste from our ! If you like what you see, )

Hey everybody, time for another weekly update! Not a lot of visual stuff happened this week, so this update will be a bit lighter than last week's, but we still got a lot done. Without further ado, let's get into it!

Old

New

First off, we have the Deep Soil layout rework. As you can see from the comparison, only a handful of rooms are being left alone - the vast majority of the Deep Soil (including the dreaded tall room with the scientists) has been completely removed, in favor of a new, less compact layout focused around 2 tall rooms. Keep in mind this is only draft 1 of the Deep Soil rework - I don't expect to change the new room layouts too much, as I have a nice plan for the way the player will go through these rooms, but there will likely be more rooms added to fill in gaps, or slight changes in room sizes/connection points and such. I tried to design the new layout in such a way that it won't be as easy to "miss the objective", as it were - in the old Deep Soil, there was one point in particular where you had to pull down 3 totems in a room to allow progression in another room, but if you didn't realize you had to pull them down and went past them, you would be unable to go back to them unless you went all the way back around again. In the new layout, the totems have been removed from our plans completely, as they didn't really fit thematically, and the puzzles weren't particularly interesting - instead, we have some new mechanics, one of which involves the Poison Alraune from last post. Speaking of her..

We're holding a second poll for her color scheme on Patreon! If you have an account, you should be able to vote on it here, even if you aren't pledged to us:

Sorry to hold ANOTHER poll about her color scheme, but after realizing we didn't have a teal hair/pink leggings option, we decided to make some alterations to the colors AND her design (in the form of kinkier lingerie), and hold a second poll! Last time, we narrowed down that most people weren't really into the green leggings, so I decided to scrap those this time around and focus on the pink and teal lingerie. In addition, we've recolored the "teal" hair a bit to be more of a white/very light blue, which I think plays nicer with the rest of the colors. Orexius also whipped up a new idle pose for her, which will be her final pose ingame. Sorry again to hold another poll about the same thing, but if you wouldn't mind leaving your vote (and maybe a comment about it if you feel like it), I'd really appreciate it!

Alright, that's all I've got for you guys this week. My personal focus is 100% on the Deep Soil rework right now - since the layout has changed completely, I'll need to finish all of it before this update can come out, so I want to make sure that happens as soon as possible. I'll be honest with you guys, I don't think the update will come out this month - the rework is a bit more ambitious than I originally thought it would be, since there's some new mechanics and ideas that need to be developed for it. I'll keep you all updated on how it's coming though, and I fully expect to be able to release it in July at the latest. I'll still be aiming for a June release if possible, of course.

As always, thank you all so much for your support, and for continuing to follow Crisis Point: Extinction's development! I'll see all you beautiful people in the next update <3
-A42

Bbqricecrispy

Sep 8, 2018
How exactly do we pull down the totems? I know we're suppose to use the grapple hook, but I can't figure out how exactly. I'm at (15, 39) but I'm afraid I'm still missing something. Thanks guys.

Anon42

Game Developer
Jan 30, 2017
(The following is a copy-paste from our If you like what you see, )

Hey everybody, time for another Crisis Point: Extinction development update! This was a bit of a slow week, as far as things to show off goes - most of my effort this week was spent implementing new mechanics for the Deep Soil and working on the level redesign, so there's not too much to see. I would like to go over a few things, though, so let's get started!

First off, one of the new mechanics I'm implementing - Coiled Vines. As you can see they're still using temporary art right now, but the function is very much there! By shooting a Coiled Vine in the environment, the vine will uncurl and create a sloped ramp for Alicia to run up. This required a small update to our collision engine, to make sloped "ghost platforms" (platforms you can jump up through) work properly, but overall I'm very happy with the outcome! Because of the collision updates, I should also be able to use ghost ramps in other areas of the game now too, which will allow me even more freedom when designing levels.

Anyway, the other thing to note with these Coiled Vines is that they won't be usable when you first enter the Deep Soil. The presence of Poison Alraunes will have caused certain plants to wilt, including these vines, and so Alicia will have to hunt down the Poison Alraunes infecting an area before she'll be able to use those platforms. While we're on the subject of Poison Alraunes, I want to mention that we won't have enough time this update cycle to implement new animations/attacks for them, so they'll function identically to regular Alraunes for now, just with some beefed up stats. In the future, I plan on giving them more attacks, unique H-scenes and a unique CG, as well as altered combat animations to help differentiate them further from regular Alraunes.

Next thing I wanted to show today was our progress on the Deep Soil rework. The chart above shows our progress on each room - the bright green rooms are completed (though some of them are missing tiles, which Puffernutter has been helping me with, so I expect them all to be fully retiled by the time the update comes out), while the dark green rooms haven't been designed yet. The grey areas are ones that Alicia won't even be able to access yet, so while I do have plans for them, they haven't been implemented yet and won't be for a while.

As you can see we've made some excellent progress, and I expect to be done with the Deep Soil rework by next weekend! Once that's done I can move on to our next large project, which is implementing more NPCs and cutscenes. I wouldn't be surprised if that gets pushed back to a later update yet again - finishing the whole thing I have in mind will be a biiiig undertaking, so if it does make it into this update, there will definitely be cut corners, and it'll likely end up being similar to the human encampment where I gradually add to it and flesh it out throughout development, rather than all at once.

Last quick thing I wanted to mention in this update is that I plan on adding some more features to the $30 tier, in the form of a downloadable lossless .FLAC version of Crisis Point's OST! This'll be the only place the soundtrack is available in lossless format, so if you're a fan of the soundtrack and you like your audio high-quality, you won't want to miss it. I plan on implementing that part of the tier as soon as it's ready, so keep an eye out.

Anyway, that's about all I have for ya this week! I'm sorry I didn't actually get around to doing any streams like I wanted to - anxiety got the better of me I'm afraid - but I still fully intend to start streaming again! Now that things have settled back to normal around my place, I want to get back into a regular streaming schedule sooner rather than later. Streams will likely start at around 1 pm EST, though I don't have dates planned yet - I'll get back to you guys on that as soon as I have 'em, but for now if you're interested in viewing them, you can follow me at to get notifications when I stream. Thank you all for reading, and for continuing to support the development of Crisis Point: Extinction!

Reactions: TheDumbOne

Anon42

Game Developer
Jan 30, 2017
(The following is a copy-paste from our If you like what you see, )

Hey everybody! This is a pretty light update post (again, sorry), we'll mostly be going over the state of the Deep Soil rework and my plans for finishing up v0.35. I'll also be posting a teaser of the Warped Scientist CG rework, which Kuso just recently finished, so you'll have an idea of what to look forward to when the update rolls around!

In last week's post, which I didn't post anywhere but Patreon (sorry, but it was a very small update just talking about the sudden sickness I got and explaining that not a lot was done because of it), I mentioned we weren't quite done with the Deep Soil rework yet, as my sudden sickness had prevented me from finishing it up. Well, I'm feeling much better now, so this week (while resting to make sure I was well and truly better), I focused entirely on finishing up the level design for the Deep Soil rework, which is now complete! The area is fully navigable now, though there are a lot of polish additions I want to do, like adding effects to show you're in a Poison Alraune-affected area, creating proper animation and art for the coiled vines, writing and recording some dialogue for the area, and more. In light of that, if it's alright with everyone, I'm going to aim for a release date around mid-July and focus mostly on polishing up the Deep Soil so it's in a more complete state! There are still some Deep Soil things I won't be able to do for this update, since they'll require more work than we have time for, but I want to improve it as much as I can for the time being. I know this means the update will be late by about two weeks, and I apologize for that, but I'd rather delay it and improve the update as much as possible rather than leaving it in a state of half completion.

Anyway, I don't have much else to share at the moment. The overall layout didn't really change from the last time I posted an image of it, so you can refer to that for an overview of how navigating the Deep Soil might look - and just to confirm for anyone who was wondering, yes, the tall room with the Scientists and the Cumshooters is officially gone ; ) For now though, I'll leave you with this teaser of Kuso's new Scientist CG. See you guys in next week's update!

Last edited:

Anon42

Game Developer
Jan 30, 2017
(The following is (mostly) a copy-paste from our If you like what you see, )

Hey everybody, time for another weekly update! I'm a lil tired today so I'm gonna keep this short and sweet - v0.35 is trucking along nicely, and I think we should be able to release mid-July as mentioned before.

I don't think I've outright stated this, so just fyi, I decided to shelve adding more rooms to the Catacombs for one more update, because of the sheer amount of work we had to put into the Deep Soil rework - we also didn't get around to working on the new cutscenes/NPCs in the Summit yet for the same reason. My apologies to anyone who was looking forward to those things, but the Deep Soil rework has taken up pretty much all of my attention. The good news is that it'll be basically fully finished after this update, aside from a few things we'll be adding in the future, so we won't be stretching it out into multiple updates for once!

I do want to mention one specific thing, the Deep Soil boss fight - I plan on moving her fight further into the game, so you won't actually fight her the first time you go to the Deep Soil. For now, I plan on putting her in a TEMPORARY room within the Deep Soil, so you can still access the fight, but there won't be any rewards for it aside from getting her H-scene, since it's going to be a very temporary setup, I just don't want to remove her from the game completely until it's time to put her in for real.

Anyway, on to the actual update!

First off, here's a shot of the special effect that covers the screen when you enter a Poison Alraune affected area. It's very simple, but I'm really happy with how this effect came out, although I can't help but feel like it makes the regular Deep Soil look a bit plain now! Might have to see about sprucing up the backgrounds with some light animated layers in the future..

And here's the loop for the Lurker enemy's Breast Expansion H-scene, which will be in this update as well. I know some of you have been asking for some ATWT action, so hopefully this will satisfy ya!

Aside from working on those effects, I also spent time this week getting over some writers block so I could write new dialogue for the Deep Soil, which is currently being recorded by our lovely VAs - there's a total of 4 new conversations in the Deep Soil right now, and I plan on finishing up the current Bestiary entries too, so there will hopefully be some fun stuff to read there if that's what you're into. I also finished up implementing some of the technical stuff for the Deep Soil to work properly, like allowing the Poison Alraune's presence to stop Coiled Vines from working, saving/loading new world state variables, etc. All the behind the scenes stuff that's not too interesting but keeps the game going as intended. I've also been working with our musician to get those .FLAC files ready for the $30 tier (sorry it's taking a while), and Kuso is still working hard at replacing more CGs. The next one he's working on is a fan favorite, so I hope you're looking forward to it!

Anyway, that's about all I have for this week. It's mostly small and uninteresting things from now until completion, so I miiiight skip next week's weekly update if the update is almost complete by that point, in favor of just continuing to push for release - we'll see what happens though. Thanks for reading everybody, and for your continued support! Crisis Point wouldn't be what it is today without all of you. See you next week, hopefully with the v0.35 release in hand!
-A42

Ryproar

Nov 29, 2017
I have to ask this question here as well (as everywhere else since I still do not have a good answer for my fellow friends on DISCORD) if you pledge 10 you only get the month you pledge in? Like if I pay 10 today I only have access to JULY and that is it? Your description on the tier makes it seem like you have to cancel and re-pledge every month to get the new builds. SO is it 10 for the first month then that is it? OR is it 10 for that build and each after?
You may have change your description because when over 30 people ask me this you may have lost support with a vague description. I mean if it is the first one I will tell them to move on to another game. Most of us support games like this and your game is the only one that seems to have the wording a bit strange.
You may want to clarify this on your page if you can.

Anon42

Game Developer
Jan 30, 2017
I have to ask this question here as well (as everywhere else since I still do not have a good answer for my fellow friends on DISCORD) if you pledge 10 you only get the month you pledge in? Like if I pay 10 today I only have access to JULY and that is it? Your description on the tier makes it seem like you have to cancel and re-pledge every month to get the new builds. SO is it 10 for the first month then that is it? OR is it 10 for that build and each after?
You may have change your description because when over 30 people ask me this you may have lost support with a vague description. I mean if it is the first one I will tell them to move on to another game. Most of us support games like this and your game is the only one that seems to have the wording a bit strange.
You may want to clarify this on your page if you can.
How odd that you would receive over 30 people asking you this when only a handful of people have needed to ask me for clarification over the years we've had this description. Why wouldn't any of them approach the developer, someone who would actually have an answer for them, over somebody who has no connection to the game whatsoever?

You only receive rewards for the duration of your pledge, as stated on our page. Meaning that if you stop pledging for any reason, you will no longer receive new builds when they come out, and you'll have to pledge again to get newer builds. There is no need to cancel your pledge to continue receiving builds when they come out, but you do have to stay pledged at the appropriate $10 tier or higher to get new builds when they come out. Pledging $10 does not give you access to every build of the game that will ever come out, though it DOES function as a preorder for the final version of the game on top of whichever beta build you get when you pledge.

4.60 star(s) 29 Votes