Others Crisis Point: Extinction [v0.46] [Anon42]

4.60 star(s) 29 Votes

Ryproar

Nov 29, 2017
Okay the way they are taking it is this:
You pledge for July you ONLY GET JULY. Then after that you are paying for just info. WHICH to them is BS.
There are A LOT of game developers who let upper tiers get each build for the price, but the way they are seeing it is you are making them pay for one build then you do not get anything afterwards.
The way it is worded is "You only get the month you pledge for..." Which reads like you only get one build then that is it.
If you are wondering where these people are, they are asking me on WILD LIFE discord PMs. I support a lot of game developers and they ask me if I know of any good ones.
I read the descriptions on the patreon page and they do seem to imply that you only get ONE BUILD and that is it.
That is why no one I speak to wants to pledge. The way they see it they are not getting anything at all. Mean while others give out build ever so often for a flat rate.
I agree with the to an extent as well. You pay 10 per month and all you get is one beta period and then you keep paying for how ever long it takes to complete to get a copy then they are paying way over the 10 for the full game release.
Maybe if you clarified this 10 tier on your main page or in an attachment then this would clarify the whole situation.

EDIT: They would talk to you themselves BUT they seem to think you get angry quickly (not sure what they mean by that) when too many people ask questions about the same thing.

Jul 7, 2018
You pledge for July you ONLY GET JULY. Then after that you are paying for just info. WHICH to them is BS.
There are A LOT of game developers who let upper tiers get each build for the price, but the way they are seeing it is you are making them pay for one build then you do not get anything afterwards.
The way it is worded is "You only get the month you pledge for..." Which reads like you only get one build then that is it.
If you are wondering where these people are, they are asking me on WILD LIFE discord PMs. I support a lot of game developers and they ask me if I know of any good ones.
I read the descriptions on the patreon page and they do seem to imply that you only get ONE BUILD and that is it.
That is why no one I speak to wants to pledge. The way they see it they are not getting anything at all. Mean while others give out build ever so often for a flat rate.
I agree with the to an extent as well. You pay 10 per month and all you get is one beta period and then you keep paying for how ever long it takes to complete to get a copy then they are paying way over the 10 for the full game release.
Maybe if you clarified this 10 tier on your main page or in an attachment then this would clarify the whole situation.

EDIT: They would talk to you themselves BUT they seem to think you get angry quickly (not sure what they mean by that) when too many people ask questions about the same thing.
You know, if you just admitted to not understanding instead of pretending that 30+ individual people came to you specifically to talk to you about this one issue that you 'coincidentally' also have you would have gotten a better answer. No one here knows who you really are, so why are you trying to hide something as small as not understanding a pledge description?

• Sad
Reactions: Ryproar and Anon42

Anon42

Game Developer
Jan 30, 2017

You can rest assured that you will continue to get any new builds that come out as long as you remain pledged at the appropriate tier, and I've updated the wording on the $10 tier slightly to hopefully make that more clear.

As far as me getting angry quickly, please know that I will never respond to a genuine question with anger. I have a bit of a temper, I won't deny that and I'm working on that, but even if I'm getting tired of answering the same question, the worst you'll get is a short to-the-point response, not anger, as long as you aren't approaching the question with accusations and rudeness.

Ryproar

Nov 29, 2017
You know, if you just admitted to not understanding instead of pretending that 30+ individual people came to you specifically to talk to you about this one issue that you 'coincidentally' also have you would have gotten a better answer. No one here knows who you really are, so why are you trying to hide something as small as not understanding a pledge description?
Okay first I AM NOT PRETENDING. Many of them speak French and German and do not speak English.
I do not appreciate the accusation of me lying. I do genuinely have to translate the post for them since Google sucks at it hard core. They did not come the the developer because they only think he speaks ENGLISH. Since everything on the page is in ENGLISH. Attacking me with this type of accusation without prior knowledge is just making my point valid that people get angry or judgemental.

I do appreciate the clarification on the matter. I can inform them a bit easier about the situation. Like I said before if they do not understand fine I get it, but many people do not speak English who support H game makers. Case in point the whole team who makes the game on the Discord channel I get the questions from is German and only 1/3 of them actually speak English. The language barrier is why I get the questions.
I am sorry if I am bothering you and I am sorry that others feel the need to attack me with hostility to make themselves superior to me in some way. I will drop the matter now and let them know in a better way so they can understand. Once again I am sorry.

bestpasswrd

Jul 10, 2017
Guys just chill out. Let's try to not make this a super big deal to fight over.

But you know who is a big deal? Anon. Thank you and your team for all the work you're putting into CPE. \o/

I do have a question though. About that lurker preview. I like it a lot but what I don't get is: Is the lurker's tail going straight though her body? If not, what is that coming out of her head? Just curious!

Reactions: Anon42 and Prudii89

Anon42

Game Developer
Jan 30, 2017
Guys just chill out. Let's try to not make this a super big deal to fight over.

But you know who is a big deal? Anon. Thank you and your team for all the work you're putting into CPE. \o/

I do have a question though. About that lurker preview. I like it a lot but what I don't get is: Is the lurker's tail going straight though her body? If not, what is that coming out of her head? Just curious!
That's really damn nice of you to say, thanks, man :' )

And yes, the tail is going all the way through her body (ATWT). Rest assured that by the laws of hentai physics, she's perfectly unharmed, and probably even enjoying it :p

derilk

Jun 22, 2018
so i been looking for the lurker in the catacomsb where i pushed to the last area,nothing is he that thing you kill in order to take down teh maze effect?

E N I G M A

Uploader
Dec 14, 2018
so i been looking for the lurker in the catacomsb where i pushed to the last area,nothing is he that thing you kill in order to take down teh maze effect?
If you are talking about that floating orb, no. The Lurker enemy is only availible to version 0.34 and future versions.

Rezinschneider

Apr 2, 2018
I don't know if it has been addressed already but why were the game-over scenes removed? I kinda like losing intentionally to see some bad ends.

TJ412

Sep 24, 2018
I don't know if it has been addressed already but why were the game-over scenes removed? I kinda like losing intentionally to see some bad ends.
Creative choice spurned in part by Patreon policy (and its likely future course). They're all still in the game, albeit quite different in context and with a new artist

Anon42

Game Developer
Jan 30, 2017
TJ412 has the right of it, but to clarify what he said a little more - the Game Over scenes were always something I didn't like. When I started Crisis Point, I didn't put much thought into how we were delivering our H-content, I just copied what everyone else did, which was GoR. The further I got into development, the more I regretted it, because not only do I not like rape personally, but I feel like it directly contrasts with my goal of trying to create a fun game, since the player will almost always intentionally die whenever they run into a new enemy, thus losing progress. I knew some people wouldn't like the change, so I wasn't originally going to change it even though I hated it, but when Patreon changed their ToS to forbid depictions of non-con, I decided to make the change to avoid possible issues with them and to make myself happy. I completely understand if you prefer the old system, but sorry to say it's not ever coming back, and my future games won't use it either, no matter if it suddenly becomes okay on Patreon or not. I just don't like it personally.

(The following is a copy-paste from our If you like what you see, )

Hey everybody! v0.35 is now available for $10+ patrons!

Before we get into the meat of the post, I want to apologize for one thing - the Lurker BE H-scene climax animation isn't finished. It was the only thing holding me back from releasing the update today, and I honestly just don't have it in me to spend 12+ hours trying to finish up the scene right now. I've mentioned it before, but animation is something I really do not enjoy doing, which is why I hired Orex to do it, and with his dayjob he was unfortunately not able to finish it in time.

With all that being said, we DO have a surprise added to this update last minute to make up for it - Kuso managed to finish his rework of the Alraune CG! I won't post anything about it here, but you can find it and enjoy it ingame at your leisure ; ) Without further ado, here's what v0.35 includes:

v0.35 MAJOR UPDATES AND CHANGES
-Completely reworked the ENTIRE Deep Soil from the ground up, with new puzzles, less annoying level design, and new tileset artwork
-Added 4 new conversations into the Deep Soil
-Finished the Bestiary section of the menus, with descriptions for every enemy that unlock when you capture them (note: doesn't include Poison Alraune or the bosses yet)
-Implemented Warped Soldier enemy recolors (other recolored enemies coming in the future)
-Added Poison Alraune enemy into the Deep Soil (note: currently has no H-scenes or CG, will get unique scenes added in the future)
-Implemented Warped Scientist and Alraune CG reworks by Kuso
-Added Lurker BE H-scene (climax animation not complete, but loop is)
-Fixed numerous bugs and issues (will be listed at the bottom of the post)

So that's the list of the major things we got done this update. The vast majority of my time was taken up by the first one, completely reworking the Deep Soil - I've gone over it plenty in updates before, so I won't waste your time explaining it all again, but it was a complete redesign from the ground up, with about 80% of the previous rooms scrapped entirely. I'm significantly happier with it now, and I hope you will be too! Unfortunately, the sheer scope of the rework meant that there were some other plans I had that had to be pushed back into the next update. I was a little too ambitious and didn't end up making it all happen, my sincerest apologies for that.

v0.36 UPDATE GOALS
-Design and implement NPCs in the Summit area, which will include at least one cutscene
-Add more to explore in the Catacombs
-Finish animating the Lurker BE H-scene, and start reworking Alicia's BE status effect
-Implement more enemy recolors (at least tentacles and warped sentries)
-Continue reworking CGs, possibly add Poison Alraune CG
-Add more environmental dialogue throughout the game
-Rework the Flare Shot's first upgrade to be less intrusive to H-scenes and general gameplay
-Continue fixing bugs and issues

I'm keeping our goals a little smaller in this next update, to try and hopefully make sure nothing has to be scrapped this time. The major thing in this next update will be the NPCs and cutscene in the Summit - this will be a brand new NPC that I've teased before, and will be fairly significant to the game. It might also require me to slightly rework some things too, so between that and needing animation, voice acting, writing, etc, I'm just going to work under the assumption it'll take up a decent chunk of my time. Aside from that, we'll finally be ACTUALLY adding new areas to the Catacombs (probably not a ton, but there will be more this time I swear), and the usual reworked stuff like new conversations and Kuso's reworked CGs. I'll also be touching up the Flare Shot's first upgrade and completely changing the way it functions, so it no longer causes issues with getting into H-scenes.

Anyway, that's about enough outta me for this update. Before I go, HUGE shoutouts to our $30 patrons this update cycle! Thank you so much to ALL of our amazing patrons, but especially Keeg, SpeedyShamrock, HOELS, and Wangarang for your incredible generosity. Crisis Point wouldn't be the game it is today without all of you!
-A42

v0.35 MINOR CHANGES AND BUG FIXES
-Fixed not being able to cancel out of New Game Difficulty Selection when using a gamepad
-Fixed certain menu issues (especially on the main menu) when Menu Confirm key was bound to Enter
-Dashing while ledge grabbing will no longer always play the default sound, even if the dash attack upgrade that changes the sound is unlocked
-Added the Melee Attack key to the tutorial prompts when the game starts
-Updated graphic for Wire Shot Pillars in the Summit
-Added new audio options for CG voices so that gameplay cutscenes and CGs are different audio types, and split CG voices into Male/Female options
-Charge Shot upgrade text is no longer incorrectly displaying the Rapid Shot text instead
-Increased height of the Alraune's hitbox, so bullets won't miss her if they touch her face anymore
-Fixed softlock in Summit where the player can jump over the pit containing the Wire Shot, and end up in a spot where they need Wire Shot to get out but haven't obtained it
-Redesigned the Warped Sentry's shield to have better visual interest, to prepare for better recolors
-Updated facial animations for both Alicia and the Warped Soldier in the Warped Soldier H-scenes, both normal and BE
-Fixed bug where the player could push the first Warped Soldier enemy encountered in the camp by using the Melee attack, which could cause the following cutscene to act strangely
-Raised volume of Skill Unlock sound effect
-Fixed bug where gamepad couldn't skip the disclaimer and gamepad text when the game is started

aaryncage

Jun 7, 2017
I forgot what game it was but theirs a game circumventing the TOS rape issue by mind controlling the MC, and getting her to say she consents, then theirs the usual mind control stuff, heart shaped pupils and other stuff to make it consential before they carry her off for the game over. I'm not telling you to do this just a reference for future game development and any future games you make under the patreon iron fist of no fun. And theres even categorizes on r34 called consential tentacles and consential love making, which starts out bad then goes good because of mind control or hypnosis.

Anon42

Game Developer
Jan 30, 2017
I forgot what game it was but theirs a game circumventing the TOS rape issue by mind controlling the MC, and getting her to say she consents, then theirs the usual mind control stuff, heart shaped pupils and other stuff to make it consential before they carry her off for the game over. I'm not telling you to do this just a reference for future game development and any future games you make under the patreon iron fist of no fun. And theres even categorizes on r34 called consential tentacles and consential love making, which starts out bad then goes good because of mind control or hypnosis.
Again, I don't like rape/non-con. I decided long ago that I will not be including it in any of my future games as a personal choice, regardless of whether or not it's okay on Patreon. They could come out tomorrow in full support of non-con in H-games and it would not change my mind or my plans.

aaryncage

Jun 7, 2017
Again, I don't like rape/non-con. I decided long ago that I will not be including it in any of my future games as a personal choice, regardless of whether or not it's okay on Patreon. They could come out tomorrow in full support of non-con in H-games and it would not change my mind or my plans.
And that is fine i actually kinda like the change atm shame bout the dog enemys but the way this change happened to where she isnt like....idk captured by slimes forever is good and actually makes it possible since the lore of the game is everyone is just really horny so it makes since to have her be able to fuck the enemys whenever instead of being raped and defeated in a way that makes the MC looks weak when she is going for this strong female character (at least thats what vibe im getting from her) either way i just wanted to tell you there was ways around it.
Also speaking of is there gonna be any mind control, hypnosis? Not in like a rapey kinda way more like she enters the room and she gets controlled to do stuff then okay bye and she snaps outta it cover in cum or something? If not thats fine the cgs and animations and voice acting already is enough just curious thanks Game Dev.

yasnadhy

Mar 1, 2018
download the game patreon then I keep looking and looking for water and nothing: c someone to guide me please

Imprimis

Feb 11, 2019
Crash on shooting 'Lurker' which I'm guessing used to be the Hellhound looking at the error...

of Step Event2
for object objEnemy:

Unable to find any instance for object index '96' name 'objHellhound'
at gml_Script_scrLanding
############################################################################################
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
stack frame is
gml_Script_scrLanding (line -1)
gml_Script_scrVMove
gml_Object_objEnemy_Step_2
called from - gml_Object_objHellhound_Step_2 (line -1) - <unknown source line>

4.60 star(s) 29 Votes