Others Crisis Point: Extinction [v0.47] [Anon42]

4.60 star(s) 29 Votes

Anon42

Game Developer
Jan 30, 2017
(The following is (mostly) a copy-paste from our If you like what you see, If you enjoy the game, We couldn't make this game without our supporters!)

Hey everyone, welcome to another CPE development update! Sorry this one is a day late - I managed to mess up my thumb over the weekend so typing was difficult, and I generally wasn't feeling well yesterday, so I decided to wait a day. I'm feeling much better today, so here we are!

This one isn't going to be too big, and I'll get into the details during the post. The only visual I have to show off this week is the progress we've made on the UI rework, so let's start with that!

CPE UI Redesign_colors_Blaster.png

CPE UI Redesign_colors_Skills.png

CPE UI Redesign_colors_Map.png

CPE UI Redesign_colors_Options-Video.png

Here's how things are looking so far. Keep in mind these are still very WIP, so anything and everything on these is subject to change - but since the last version we showed was in greyscale, I wanted to show how things are shaping up now that we're adding color. Let me know how you feel about it so far!

Things have been pretty standard for the rest of us since the last development update. Puffernutter has had a LOT of freelance work, so her time to work on CPE has been limited; Orexius has been continuing work on the BE Vines animation update, and the new gameplay animations needed for 360 aiming; and I've still been working on 360 aiming, the lighting update, and the screen size update. I've been changing between tasks as needed to keep my programming life interesting, so even though I'm still working on a lot of different things I talked about several weeks ago, they'll probably end up all being finished at about the same time.

Aside from that though, I also had the realization last week that I was falling back into the trap of having too much going on, and I was starting to run myself ragged again. My work hours on CPE are MUCH healthier than they've ever been before, so that part isn't an issue, but I had too much going on in terms of appointments and such, and it was starting to take a toll on me. In the last weekly update, I talked about getting a health examination, and I ended up canceling that for a few reasons - the first one was to give myself a break from major appointments, and the other was because the exam is a fairly expensive one, and so I decided to save it for early next year so it can count towards next year's health insurance deductible. Gotta love US health insurance.

In any case, now that I'm done with physical therapy for my knee, the only major appointments/obligations I have are standard life things, working on CPE, and going to therapy every other week. I'm already feeling a lot better now that my todo list has been simplified, so I'm going to really be able to dig in and focus on getting all these major CPE overhauls completed so we can get you guys a playable update! I really do have to thank you all for being so patient; I know development is weird right now and I'm so grateful to you all for being patient with me while I figure things out. Because of my upbringing, I have a lot of difficulty dealing with high-stress situations, and I get stressed/overwhelmed more easily than anyone else I know - leading a game dev team can often take a lot out of me, but I've been able to really enjoy working on CPE again lately, and that's entirely thanks to both my team, and all of you supporting us, who have been so patient and understanding even when things are slow and I'm struggling. All of your comments mean the world to me, too - it's easy to feel rather isolated when working on a game like this, but seeing you all cheer us on really keeps my morale up, so even if I don't respond to all of your kind words, please know that I am reading them and I appreciate the hell out of each and every one of you!

Before I finish up this post, we're almost out of the "fun" stuff to show off for this next playable update, so the next few biweekly updates will probably be pretty simple, just updating on our progress for the stuff you already know we're doing. Since these updates are getting pretty straightforward, I want to make up for that by doing regular streams until v0.46 is completed and in your hands. Our internet here is still having some issues, but it's usually fixed by just rebooting our modem and router, so it should be stable enough to do streams even if it blinks out every once in a while.

With that said, we're going to tentatively schedule streams for Monday and Wednesday, starting at 4 pm AKST(Alaska standard time). Not today of course, since we're already past that point, so our next stream should be this Wednesday. I always tweet (and @ in our discord) when we're starting up a dev stream, so if you want a reminder, you can either follow me directly on Picarto ( ), follow me on twitter ( ), or join our Discord and give yourself the Picarto Streams role in our #roles channel! Because our Discord server is NSFW, I can't post the link to it publicly here on Patreon, but I'll post one on all the other places we post dev updates - and if you're pledged to us, you should be automatically invited into our server if you link your Patreon and Discord accounts.

Alright, that's it for me today. Thank you for reading everyone, and I hope to see you at our stream on Wednesday!

Anon42

Game Developer
Jan 30, 2017
Hm, why not add an option to show Alicia with different state of clothing at all times (always fully clothed/always clothing damage/nude)? But only after reaching the end of current content (or just finishing the game, once it's done).
The problem with that is that only the gameplay animations are set up for full clothing/torn clothing, and we don't have fully nude exports of *any* animations right now. All of the H-scenes only have one version, for torn clothing, so it would take a LOT of extra time and effort to prepare variants for every H-scene - and it's unfortunately not as simple as adding the option for just gameplay animations, because I guarantee you I would get comments/complaints about the clothing not being reflected in H-scenes. I can't say if we ever will add something like that, but if we do, it won't be until near the end of development.

is it possible that the BE is permanent or make a setting in game where you can activate or deactivate it.
You can permanently activate BE once you finish the demo and get Debug mode active, but we won't be adding a way to turn it on permanently while playing through the game normally. I could see us including a cheat for it in the final game, but not as a standard feature in the pause menu or anything like that.

Reactions: -MK-

Kruggov

Jun 8, 2020
The problem with that is that only the gameplay animations are set up for full clothing/torn clothing, and we don't have fully nude exports of *any* animations right now. All of the H-scenes only have one version, for torn clothing, so it would take a LOT of extra time and effort to prepare variants for every H-scene - and it's unfortunately not as simple as adding the option for just gameplay animations, because I guarantee you I would get comments/complaints about the clothing not being reflected in H-scenes. I can't say if we ever will add something like that, but if we do, it won't be until near the end of development.
Oh, I assumed that there were animations for it. Fair enough.

And understandable on "if it ever gets done, it will be close to end of development".

lynamson

Nov 15, 2022
My Cheat table, to access Debug toggle whenever, didn't work for 0.45 anymore, so I've remade it.
It has Faster running, Torn Clothing, Breast Expansion, No Libido, Invincible and Infinite Jumps.
Can't really used it. Operate the game, open CE and chose the address, then x those boxes to activate ... but still not taken effect. Am i done anything wrong ?
Edit: ok, so i have done my research and found out i have to change the value from 0 into 1072693248 in order to activate the cheat engine. Thanks BTW

Last edited:
May 25, 2017
I made a little music mod for this game based on something I did 3 years ago in the ULMF thread (god has it really been that long?). This replaces most of the tracks in the game with stuff from Super Metroid, AM2R, and Risk of Rain 1. The only things I left alone was the various main base themes, the camp theme for the blue ladies (don't remember their names off the top of my head), and the 3rd boss theme because I couldn't think of a suitable replacement.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

I am open to suggestions for the 3rd boss theme. Make sure you have a way to recover the original audio files, because this does overwrite them.

Last edited:

Anon42

Game Developer
Jan 30, 2017
(The following is (mostly) a copy-paste from our If you like what you see, If you enjoy the game, We couldn't make this game without our supporters!)

Hey everyone, time for another CPE progress update! Just like last week, this will be a quick overview of what we've been doing - we've already talked at length about everything that's going to be in v0.46, so all I really have to update you guys on is how far along we are.

My goal at the moment is just to get this update out before the year ends, and I'm still hopeful we can pull that off, but in the interest of transparency I am getting a little worried about the time crunch. All of the things we're working on for this update are all-or-nothing, so if they aren't done there's nothing I can do to really push the update out faster. I just want to warn you all of that ahead of time so you're aware of it; we're going to continue doing 3-4 streams every week until the update is done, and I'll keep you all updated every step of the way, but it's possible the update might end up being pushed a week or two into 2023. I'm confident we'll have it done very soon, so don't worry about there being a big delay or anything like that, I just don't want to rush out a crappy update with lots of issues if we end up needing just a little bit more time.

With that out of the way, here's the progress report on the 4 major parts of this update:
  • The 360 aiming update is around ~85% complete. Mouse support is pretty much functionally complete at this point, with only a handful of animation-related things left, and I started gamepad testing recently. The added complexity of supporting both gamepad AND mouse is making things more difficult than I expected, since the two control schemes work VERY differently (as opposed to keyboard and gamepad, which are both just 'buttons' so they're nearly identical code-wise), but progress is going very well nonetheless.

• The lighting update is basically finished at this point, probably 98%. I didn't work on it too much the last two weeks because there's not much left to do, and because this is the only part of the update that doesn't cause huge issues if it's slightly unfinished; all of the important light sources have been updated, and now it's more a matter of adding NEW light sources and taking advantage of the new features, so this part is close enough to call it pretty much complete.

• The screen size update is at around ~95%. I've done a playtest of the full game, and there are only two major things left to fix: first is some visual issues with fullscreen mode, and second is that some cutscenes have animation problems - mostly, NPCs that are supposed to walk in from offscreen (or walk offscreen) are now spawning/despawning in view of the camera, since there's a lot more horizontal screen space now. None of that will be hard to fix, thankfully, and aside from them, the only other thing is that the menus are all completely broken - but I'm not going to bother fixing that, because..

• The UI rework. This is my next major project, and I'll be starting on it during tomorrow's stream. This is the biggest question mark left for me right now, and the only thing making me uncertain if the update will be done in time; everything else is nearing completion, and would certainly be done by our next biweekly update, but since I haven't started on the UI rework yet it's hard to say how much work this is going to take.

I did consider just fixing the old UI temporarily to get this update out in time, but because of how broken the screen size update made it, it would still be a LOT of work to make the old UI functional again - and it would look like crap with the extra screen space going unused - so it's not really worth fixing that up instead of just biting the bullet and doing the whole rework.

If it was just a simple job of replacing the UI, it might not be too difficult, but this is also an opportunity for me to address some of the serious technical issues the game's menus have. I won't get into the details, it'd be rather boring, but here's one quick example: the Options menu from the Main Menu, and the Options menu accessed from the pause screen while ingame, only share some code despite being functionally identical - they each have a lot of unique code, purely because there were issues I couldn't figure out a more elegant solution for at the time, so whenever the Options menu is updated or changed, there's a good chance I'll have to do testing and fixes on each version of the menu separately. Suffice it to say that there's a lot of old code from my early days that have been causing problems for a long time, due to my inexperience as a programmer back when I started CPE, so there's a lot of underlying tech debt that needs to be addressed and now is the most logical time to do it.

So, all that is to say that I'm really not sure when this update is coming out. It will depend ENTIRELY on how difficult this UI rework ends up being. I still have almost a full month to get it done, so I think there's still a very good chance v0.46 will be out by the end of the year, but I should have a better idea of our chances by the next biweekly update.

And that's it for me today! Seriously, thank you so much for how patient you've all been. I know v0.46 is a lot later than anyone was expecting, but thanks to all the work I've done on myself this year, I'm in a healthier mental place than I've EVER been before, I'm genuinely enjoying working on CPE again for the first time in a long time, and I am beyond excited to finally get this update in your hands. This is the single biggest gameplay update CPE has ever had, and during my playtests I'm having so much more fun playing it than ever before, so I can't wait to see what you all think of it!

Thank you for reading! If you want to follow our progress on v0.46 more closely, don't forget to come hang out at the streams ( and we'll see you again in another two weeks for the next biweekly update!

Tacoabuser

Mar 12, 2021
Holy molly I thought that the project was abandoned but the dev is here doing detailed and really well explained changelogs, even streams, my respects

-MK-

Aug 24, 2020
Holy molly I thought that the project was abandoned but the dev is here doing detailed and really well explained changelogs, even streams, my respects
yeah, anon42 is pretty great. been working on this awesome game for years. not even mad that it keeps getting pirated and posted here, to this thread. so, being pirated, updates here can be a bit sporadic. try patreon if you want the current build.

Tacoabuser

Mar 12, 2021
yeah, anon42 is pretty great. been working on this awesome game for years. not even mad that it keeps getting pirated and posted here, to this thread. so, being pirated, updates here can be a bit sporadic. try patreon if you want the current build.
How new is the newest build ?

Reactions: Zelomio

Fistagon77

Jun 28, 2017
holy shtt, i just remember'd about this game, thought it would be cool if there was a zero mission like game with costumes and stuff, then i remember thinking that for this game and looked it up again.
almost a year ago since last update, holy hell.....thank god i dropped my sub on it 10 months ago

• Angry
Reactions: NoMoreParanoia

JAvatar

Mar 9, 2018
holy shtt, i just remember'd about this game, thought it would be cool if there was a zero mission like game with costumes and stuff, then i remember thinking that for this game and looked it up again.
almost a year ago since last update, holy hell.....thank god i dropped my sub on it 10 months ago
Dude, they've had a TON of updates. We get bi-weekly updates from the devs here. No one's posted a pirated update in almost a year. BIG difference.

Nov 26, 2019
Dude, they've had a TON of updates. We get bi-weekly updates from the devs here. No one's posted a pirated update in almost a year. BIG difference.
There's lots of updates on progress, but I think the last released build was 0.45 back in December of 2021. Since so much detail on internal progress is given, I don't personally mind that nothing playable has been released for a while.

4.60 star(s) 29 Votes