Tool - RPGM - Ren'Py - Cruncher - Ren'Py & RPGM MV Game Compactor [v0.4.1] [bas]

1. 4.00 star(s)

macadam

I give it a try...

keep in mind i m super noob.

It's actually pretty easy to use, only require to simply unren the .rpa file and then you launch that and BAM! nothing to do.

well, almost nothing... because you have to do one thing.

waiting...

like, waiting forever....

waiting even more if you have a shit pc and your game start to be huge like a GB or more.

soooo, i wait..... and finally it came up to an end.

But it work, and seriously give a chicke ninja kick to the size of the games.

i dont give it all the stars because like i mentionned.... it can be pretty long to wait for it to finish, and its not fun to wait :/

But still, cool thing !

not recommended for who aren't sure to understand a single thing, even tho its simple, you may forget to backup your game (wich mean backup like Gb of data) before giving it a go and.. well... you'll probably end hanging on the ceiling fan.

If you a dev, you know what you read in the description of this, and want to give a try to compress your game (but not scared to make a backup of original)... then go for it, it make miracles.

even with me... soo, its a pretty hard achievment.

(y)
  2. 5.00 star(s)

hngg

Very useful and I learned a lot :)
    I've used this script many times to help make compressed and Android versions of RenPy games. the script's simple nature let me easily modify it to my tastes and has helped to motivate me to learn more about Windows scripting.
  3. 5.00 star(s)

Pixieblink

It is AWESOME. As good as you'll get.

Crunched my game from 2.83gb to 450mb. OF COURSE you're going to pay a small price in quality when you compress something.

Took them from a 95 to about 85 on the jpg compression scale. Without mucking up the reds, as jpg does.

Videos :
    Not sure there was a reduction in quality. But then again my original videos were compressed webm using a bitrate of 10k.

Good job. Good cruncher.
    Thanks for making it available to us.
  4. 5.00 star(s)

Abhai

Great multi-task compression tool!

Proven to be very useful, either in a "why my bloody hdd almost has no space left" jobs, or in significantly boosting "that damn-fucking-slow-never-to-finish download speed" tasks. :) (y)