CrunchyRoll pressures Studio Khara to erase EVA NSFW Fanmade content.

F22-raptor99

Jul 27, 2019
So it appears that Studio Khara has decided that in their new that NSFW fanmade content is now illegal to make.

This will most likely occur in mainstream japanese sites such as pixiv.

My advice, save what you can in your computers.

Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
From their official statements on Twitter ( ) translated here:

It just seems another case of a western company, in this case CrunchyRoll, trying to make the Japanese cater to NoCal morals.

Cokane0

Koikatu Harem Master
Game Developer
Mar 18, 2020
Oof I know facepalming is like f95 culturally like "Ur post is dumb"

Facepalm was for crunchy roll, luv u senpai.

edit: Edit also wtf is with norcal thinking they have a moral say in anything? Bunch of sex perverts in that town. . .says me. Whatever, hypocrites of us all.

Dec 19, 2020
Not quite sure why you're face-palming me... the translation literally says
Probably because this is the corporate equivalent of a Karen going into a store and declaring that they are not allowed to remove her even if she categorically refuses to wear a face mask. Really hope pixiv doesn't give any credence to this corporate Karening, otherwise they're just as dead as tumblr. Plenty of companies with better reasons would like to kill all nsfw parodies of their works even when they barely or don't at all have a legal leg to stand on, notably Nintendo. Pixiv could very quickly go the way of tumblr.

Reactions: Cokane0

Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
Probably because this is the corporate equivalent of a Karen going into a store and declaring that they are not allowed to remove her even if she categorically refuses to wear a face mask. Really hope pixiv doesn't give any credence to this corporate Karening, otherwise they're just as dead as tumblr. Plenty of companies with better reasons would like to kill all nsfw parodies of their works even when they barely or don't at all have a legal leg to stand on, notably Nintendo. Pixiv could very quickly go the way of tumblr.
Look, we're on the same page here... we both want them stop trying to police ero-content.

My argument was that this is not at all what the creators of EVA said; it was something that was (mis)translated by Crunchyroll for their own reasons, then went viral. Then the creators had to go out and put out a painstakingly clear (in japanese) version that said "we understand all fan content comes from the heart. We will not police it, and we do not want 'fans' to police it. Nothing has changed".

This is a twatter storm in a teacup cooked up by a non-japanese company for their own purposes.

Reactions: ForgottenMan1

Cokane0

Koikatu Harem Master
Game Developer
Mar 18, 2020
Look, we're on the same page here... we both want them stop trying to police ero-content.

My argument was that this is not at all what the creators of EVA said; it was something that was (mis)translated by Crunchyroll for their own reasons, then went viral. Then the creators had to go out and put out a painstakingly clear (in japanese) version that said "we understand all fan content comes from the heart. We will not police it, and we do not want 'fans' to police it. Nothing has changed".

This is a twatter storm in a teacup cooked up by a non-japanese company for their own purposes.
Eroge police, Whoop, whoop.
Even more devious than I thought at first glance. Get fucked Crunchyroll. A company that essentially purchases rights to Japanese animations made by japanese people in japan and reposts it for English speakers. Bunch of poofers.

Dec 19, 2020
My argument was that this is not at all what the creators of EVA said; it was something that was (mis)translated by Crunchyroll for their own reasons, then went viral
Really hope that they will prioritize getting their version out then, cause I personally know how easy it is to throw something out there an find it later thrown under the SJW bus. Really hoping that they will acknowledge and disavow the SJWs, cause I know for a fact that the SJWs are trying their utmost to get their version of events out there as always.