VN - Ren'Py - Culture Shock [Ch. 3 v0.1] [King of lust]

1. 2.00 star(s)

Federok88

Both the NTR and non NTR lead to some really hot sex scenes and for what it tries to be i would gladly give it a 5 stars but there is one big issue.

The triggers are a mess.
    First the thing of divinding thing by alpha and beta regarding one choice is very boring, while it gives NTR-haters an easy way out it closes the door for a more organic NTR story.

And i say this because the moment you try to mix and match your actions the game breaks. You will be in the beta route stop Marcus and triggers some of the romantic scenes with the mc family but then out nowhere the game acts as if the "marcus hits you" happened and you get railroad into cuck beach.

You date Emma
    You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

I had Emmas conversation at the caffe trigger withouth the threesome between marcus his girl and her triggering (or even the beach scene)

This is not good continuity, whatever is in charge of triggering this scenes isnt working properly and thats a shame because there plenty of good here.

Also corruption and love dont seem to do anything at all .....at least not when it matters.

edit: After playing it some more i have to lower it to two stars. Im a big NTR far and this one hits the spot for me in that aspect but making sure that the scenes that are triggered are coherent with the rest of the story is the bare minimum that VN should do and this one just fails at it.

Also is worth noting that Marcus has far better scenes than Phillip (with some exceptions) wich is a slap in the face to those that want the "alpha" route. For example
    You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
  2. 2.00 star(s)

Tomy75

Story: the MC is a horny teenager who, despite what the girls say, can’t qualify as handsome. All he only wants is to bang as many girls as possible, or for his friends to bang them for him if you prefer to play a cuckold. Lucky him! The girls in Honolulu are just horny teens and milfs who don’t have time for romance, so let's go!

That’s it, that’s the story, after almost 6 years of development, this VN is at the beginning of chapter 3 only, with still no story to tell and still nothing attractive to see because, let’s be honest, the renders are still 2018, old and lame. The girls are all rather insipid, not as eye-catching as the ones you see in modern Ren’Py VNs.

NTR is optional, but you can clearly see that the developer has a hard time defining the line between what belongs to the NTR fetish and what does not, and sometimes the line is crossed due to a lack of heavy-testing and proof-reading. Clearly, if you hate even a glimpse of NTR, do not even download this game.
  3. 2.00 star(s)

Daave3232

Im going to give it 2 star.. even if the beginning is actually pretty decent. After the big house party, not sure what version that is, (right before the triss reveal) the writing... get... horrible. no punctuation, not great English. It's almost like a new writer took over and ruined everything.
  4. 1.00 star(s)

AlexMpog

The game is bugged. While playing on Alpha route (vanilla) you get NTRed in a very bad way just out of a blue, you don't expect it at all.

I get it that bugs are common issue in games, but man, it's kinda sensitive issue, at least for those who don't like to be cucked, and of course immersion is broken immediately, and it happens not even once during the game.
    It is not always NTR scenes but also dialogues when some scenes are mentioned but they never occurred on alpha path.

So, maybe, if you are making a game with separate paths for entirely different audiences, would it be a good idea at very least to go through each path and test before releasing it, what do you think?
    I guess the thing is that Dev doen't really care, maybe it's different with beta (NTR) path, I can't say cause never played it or maybe he is just trolling vanilla players for some reason, dunno...

In addition to bugs I can also add poor writing.
    From positives - great girls models.
  5. 2.00 star(s)

DKft

So the game has both the harem and cuckold or ntr paths. The design works fine when you take care of both paths without neglecting either or with updates and development time spent obscenely on one of the path, which gives the impression that the path choice system is barely there at all. In this case, the content so far after 5 years of development is overwhelmingly biased towards the Beta NTR path, which frustrates those who follow the Alpha path. It makes no sense to make the LIs appear to be nuns or innocents, playing hard to get for the MC and act as cock hungry whores who give in to the first man making his advance other than the MC. When you have two paths to choose from for following, focusing on one and ignoring the other is betraying the essence upon which the game is built.
  6. 3.00 star(s)

Imaneet

Interesting game, graphics could be improved but overall a good game to pass time. Characters are nice. Every game has its pros and cons but this one is truly well balanced. Just try it and find out for yourself !
  7. 2.00 star(s)

thegrindisreal

I simply lost interest in the game. Too much useless filler, too many dream sequences, side plots which ended the moment they began...I think this is the first "incest" game where the Mom is the least interesting character for me. The dev took just too long. He couldn't decide on which female character to focus...
    Please take notice...there is no storyline. Literally nothing happens. It's just slice of life. From one drunken fuck to another. No consistency.
  8. 3.00 star(s)

DoOver

+ Renders work and I appreciate the girls aren't the same model simply with a different hair style and goofy, unrealistic eye colors.

+ Story is good. I read more of it and skipped less of it than I have with other VNs.

> The MC render/model is no major stud, but gets the girl every time (if you pick the right path). It would be nice to see VNs where if the male MC is a cassanova that he look the part too (be fit, stand over 5 1/2 feet tall, etc.).

+ I appreciate the Confidence/Alpha route. Confidence balanced with humility and wittiness/humor goes a long, long way in real life.

+ I think the Dev is onto something with the three different paths that continually converge in order to move the story forward. It gives a sense of variety to the VN and where choices feel like they matter.

-- Coding for the paths is broken...especially in the later chapters. When I should be getting Corruption, Love, or Slut points it didn't always happen. Some scenes seem forced and the same, regardless of the path you're on.

> Some attempt at animations and when delivered it went overall well.

-- I could really do without the every morning flaccid cock shots of the MC in the shower. What's up with that?!?

OVERALL:
    I enjoyed the bit of time I spent on it.
  9. 2.00 star(s)

Kaintfm

Review based on Chapter 2 v0.9 SE edition

Culture Shock begins strong but becomes increasingly rocky and, in the end, a bit disappointing as the story progresses, or should I say, fails to progress. Too many bugs resulting in viewing NTR content when it’s not wanted, adult scenes using stock footage we’ve seen too many times before, and the current updates decline in quality result in a poor showing that I wouldn’t recommend to anyone, including fans of NTR content.

Let me start off with my greatest criticism. I enjoy NTR but only when I see it coming. In Culture Shock, I ended up, more than once, witnessing an NTR scene when I wasn’t ready for it, and the experience was memorable in the worst possible way. This is due to frequent, and in my opinion inexcusable, programming snafus wherein the NTR tag is set when it’s not supposed to be.

I’m not against NTR as a concept. In fact, my favorite adult scenes in Culture Shock are the NTR ones, but only when I’m not treating the MC as my in-game avatar. In one scene, the MC notices that his supposed girlfriend is giving his big-dicked friend a handjob under the covers while they’re all watching a movie. He feels instantly jealous and talks like a pathetic beta male would, and later follows them to see him railing her spectacularly while he impishly masturbates in the hall. This is one of my favorite scenes. The problem is that when I first encountered this scene, I was very much on the alpha male path. A bug resulted in the flag being set to NTR, which means when I first saw the scene, I was in the mindset of the MC being my avatar, and so I ended up with all those horrible feelings that are the reason most people despise NTR. If the author had just bothered to play through his own game to test it out, this never would have occurred.

In an earlier scene, again due to poor programming, I ended up getting a beta conversation, where I impishly whine to a love interest about how she chose to have a drunken threesome with my best friend rather than hang out with me on the beach. The scene never actually played, but those awful NTR feelings still came to the surface. I went back and replayed the content only to find it happening again. This was apparently later fixed with an update, but the damage was already done.

Another issue is the dialogue. While reasonably well-written, the correct choices to stay on one path or another are unclear even though the dialogue is marked as alpha or beta. Sometimes the alpha path is actually the beta path and vice versa, requiring the use of a mod to clearly indicate which path is the NTR path and which isn’t. Again, for a game that is supposed to have optional NTR, this is inexcusable. No warning flags come up when you end up on the beta path, so is it really optional?

Finally, there’s the newest content. Not only was there not much of it, but the author is continuing to use stock scenes that he’s used before. Seeing different characters have sex in the exact same way isn’t particularly arousing, especially when it’s so obvious.

It's not all doom and gloom however. The character designs are appealing and unique, the dialogue is reasonably well-written, and the story is well-paced with the adult content reasonably spaced out between sluttier character and those with a slower progression. You won’t have to wait hours for a sex scene, but it doesn’t come so easy that you don’t feel like you earned it. The alpha path is satisfying both in the adult content, with the current story now delving into threesomes and the like, and in the way you frustrate your frienemy who is the one getting all of the women on the beta path.

Still, the flaws are the kind that can make or break a game, and with the most recent update I feel like the author is losing focus and/or losing interest. It would not surprise me if this ended up getting abandoned somewhere down the line. To be honest, with the way things are heading, that may not be a bad thing.

In short, the authors need to playtest thoroughly before releasing. He needs to spend time posing and rendering unique animations and/or spending more time writing and staging the adult content so that it’s not quite so same-y. I’ve spoken to a different author who staged and animated a fivesome scene who told me it took about two months to do, so I get that it’s time-consuming. However, if the current results are this middling or poor, what’s the point of doing them at all? Finally, he needs to add warnings before NTR scenes play, make it clear which dialogue choices lead to NTR outcomes and which don’t, and/or add an on/off switch for NTR content so that the beta path is locked during an alpha playthough. Without those changes, I can’t recommend the game even to fans of NTR content.

Reworking old content is usually frowned upon, but in this case it might be the only thing to save the game.
  10. 4.00 star(s)

pagaru

Great game, not sure why it has so many low star reviews.

Huge amount of content, choices matter, you can either be a stud or a cuck which is rare, most games shoe-horn you down one way.

There are some kinks/errors in the writing though. For example I did a full "alpha" run, did every single confident choice and then suddenly no matter what choice I made with Maude and Marcus when watching a movie, they fool around under the blanket and the MC watches them fuck like a cuck. Then suddenly Maude is back to being ones gf and it's not mentioned.

Aside from that though, super hot!

Keep it up
  11. 4.00 star(s)

NTR For Live

I really Love the Game especially the Beta Path. Since Ch. 2 v0.7 there is a problem (mostly with Emma path) that it's lazy written switching between Alpha/Beta Part so that is the only contra I've seen at this stage. As I said I really Love the Cuckold Path especially with Auntie Liz, cause she's the only one in the Game who's fully into the Sex:sneaky: The Game could also be a bit more Active with actually happenings except of dreams but this will probably coming hopefully in the next Parts(y)
  12. 1.00 star(s)

Lyve

Ch. 2 v0.9
    nNtr path
    +
    Beautiful female characters, animations are 'ok',
    I like the Tracy's design, sweet girls

-
    Unplayable game,why? bugs I got to day 29 and couldn't continue with the game, also bugs day 27 and 28.
    Choosing the romance route you'll see a poorly developed storyline, rushed content and weak quality dialogues.
    You see content that shouldn't be there because of coding errors.
    Renders are very old and some of them looks awful
    Oh god! the story is so inconsistent!
    Character's dick size change is absurd and unexplained. What the hell is going on!!!
    Luminous dicks WTF
    Same character personalities ( sluts )
  13. 5.00 star(s)

sunqian3000

This is a mediocre piece of good work .
    The characters are tantalizing and easy to play .
    But it's not distinctive , it's labeled Harem and incest, but it's pretty tame ,
    you don't feel these elements at all .
    The overall plot is ordinary and plain, but fortunately the author always insists on updating every two months .
  14. 5.00 star(s)

litianhuo

One of my favorite NTR games, the plot is clever and the graphics are beautiful. The form of visual novel avoids the troublesome operation of some games and makes me indulge in the story and cannot extricate myself.
  15. 2.00 star(s)

Dudush666

I hate VN... I just hate it... But among them there are worthy games that you don't play with the controls held down... This game can be played with control... 2 ways, alpha male and cuckold... I don't know exactly how NTR is translated, but it seems to me that it doesn't mean to be a cuckold... I went through the game in both ways, maybe I didn't see all the content, but I didn't see anal sex there... Perhaps it will appear... someday... but still I didn't find the indicated tag... Fuck!!! Fucking VN!!!​
  16. 3.00 star(s)

sixpo2

This game has avarage graphics and avarage story. Doesnt have anything to surprise and nothing special. This could be improved a lot. More scenes wouldnt hurt as well. The game is definitely missing ending.
  17. 4.00 star(s)

Toweke

Tons of content, interesting characters with distinct personalities, believable backstories and locale, and some really good sex scenes. I only played through the NTR route so far, plan to do the other later on.

Thing I like the most is how the routes have decisions that can really effect later choices and reactions. My favorite girl was Emma as she's cute and kind of becomes your GF in latter part of game.

Only disappointing part is it hasn't been updated for a long time, and IMO it would be better if they fleshed out the girlfriend aspect a little more. For example if Emma has a threesome with Marcus, she will become your GF, but then later at the dinner party she acts like it's only super casual and she didn't say that.
  18. 5.00 star(s)

Puma1978

This game is really very well made with regards to choices and consequences.
    Just hope it continues and dont get wasted.
    The dev really put a lot of twisted thinking into how choices lead to paths and hoew they affect other characters in the game.
  19. 5.00 star(s)

JamboIRA

Very good game!
    Good story, this game hasn't the best rendering but they are still pleasant.
    If you likes ntr content you will love this game.
    The downside Is waiting for updates.
    I still wait for more updates!
  20. 1.00 star(s)

Juv3

Renders Bad and horrible and looks very old
    Character design is not very beautiful but good
    Story is nothing special
    There is no character development
    No good animation
    Mc is an idiot
    The English is ok
    In the story there are two paths
    And there is no justice in them
    NTR oe beta it has a lot of good scenes
    And multi staged scenes
    And alpha path He's just here To please some players
    it has some blowjob and handjob And a few of boring sex scene
    The difference is very big between them
    This game has been here for over three and a half years And the players are asking
    to show love for alpha path (harem) and dev does not respond to them
    I think this time has passed unless the dev added scenes for harem route or Remastered
    For alpha path
    If interested in the Alpha path don’t bother it Will be a waste of time